User Tag List

First 12345 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I like buying inexpensive things, but spending more than $20 on something makes me really nervous. I really hate spending money. I just like having things. (But I'm kind of minimalistic too.) I'm really thrifty with my money, I think, about as much as I can be without putting a ton of effort into comparison shopping and stuff. I think I buy on intuition. I have criteria, like: how much I like it, whether I'll use it, whether I need it, how much it costs and whether I can afford it, etc. combined with whether my intuition tells me it feels perfect. All of those criteria have to be met in a certain proportion, and I just have like a sense of whether it all fits together and how well. I haven't had a problem with money yet, and I've loved everything I've bought. I do like Southern Kross says and will go back several times before I buy something. My method relies a lot on abstaining from buying things. So then when I do I'll be sure it's right. I'll go and look at things, and see what catches my eye. If things do which I'm not sure about, I'll wait and go back another time, and see if they still feel like something I want; if I'm still not sure I'll repeat the process until I make a decision either way. (This method only applies to things like clothes, as food is an easy choice.) I have to have the perfect thing or nothing.

Not at all.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I have trouble spending money on myself.. That part makes me a little uncomfortable. I have no trouble at all spending money on others.

Even right now, I just sold all of my books so that I can buy digital versions of the ones I like... and I made enough money to almost buy the e-reader I want! and yet, here I am, hesitant to buy any of it at all, with books in a pile of "turn me into a digital copy so I can leave already!" that will probably sit there way too long.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    does anyone else find it difficult to buy things?
    I love buying things. I eat out all the time. I like talking with people. And I like reading while I eat in a restaurant or mall. I have a nice little fish shop that grills me a fresh rainbow trout from our Snowy Mountains, with freshy squeezed vegetable juice with fruit salad and yogurt.

As a little boy my mother took me window shopping, but as a little boy I couldn't appreciate why my mother went window shopping. But today I go window shopping like my mother to find out what's there and where it is for when I want it. My mother of course was a 'gatherer' and now I have become a gatherer too.

And I have just come into a small inheritance and I am going to enjoy spending it.

Hate

I like buying things, probably a little too much, which I think is my problem.

Gimme some of your money, Bamboo, and I’ll gladly spend it for you.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm not uncomfortable buying things, because I only buy what I need.

I have trouble reconciling things like food when I'm out and about.. one meal can pay a few days to a week's worth of groceries.. it just seems wasteful. I typically have almonds/apple/granola bar or something on me to eat til I get home. I prefer not to need a ton of money, because I'm unwilling to trade more of my time to get that money, for shit that doesn't even matter, like transient things- a fancy meal. Just not worth it, in the long run. Little adds up.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

garbage

I was, until I internally grasped the concept of "satisficing."

MBTI
    XXFP

OK, I ordered most of it. 70%

I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm gonna get boxes in the mail all next week I bet.

Still stuck on the tool box. Partially cause I'm not really sure how I'm going to use it.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I was, until I internally grasped the concept of "satisficing."
    I like this.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Consumerism is a disease of the current modern capitalist world.
    To speak like a situationist, the more you consume (and we're knowingly manipulated to consume everyday), the less you're able to understand your own life and real desires.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI