User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    So nobody ever tries to replicate and verify the results other then other "loonies"... Never anything on a large enough scale to be considered evidence.

its a bit disaipointing, not so much in itself - its entirely possible that there is nothing of the sort to find - but you really dont want willful ignorance in the very same institutions whose job is to explore what humanity is ignorant about.
    In the book I mentioned in this thread: The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena, the author discusses studies that have been conducted which revealed evidence in favor of psi, as well as studies that were inconclusive. He also talks about the bias in the scientific community. There are researchers out there who have invested money and their reputations to study this phenomena, but they are few and far between.

I like marrying my knowledge of science with my feelings in the world.. In science, everything is conserved. Nothing gets broken down or destroyed or created, per say, it only changes. You need something to create something, you need something to break down something, but even when you break it down it is not gone truly.

It is less clear on conservation in the case of ideas and other non-matter subjects. So.. When it comes to things that we are unsure of scientifically--like spirits for example--I cannot help but think that things like that do not get destroyed either.. that they only change.

Science isn't the only way to see the world. I'm sure there is a part of me that thinks that I only feel spirits, energies, and such exist because I don't want to see good things, good people, and stuff like that be subjected to a cold, harsh 'well, no, that was it, it's all gone for real' reality. But, I've yet to see anyone really truly prove me wrong on it, so until that day I'll enjoy living in my world of ghosts, ghouls, and angels. It's a more adventurous and happier one.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

Two people died in the bedroom I've been using the past couple years now.

Not a peep out of 'em.

I don't feel like anyone's here but me.. & that giant squirrel/possum/monster living in the attic above this room.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

6w7 sx
    SEE Fi

Yes I believe that energetic force fields are left behind by major events like murders and suicides, and also just by strongly materialistic souls who refuse to move on (that's one of the reasons you really should try to learn non-attachment while you're still alive, I remember when I was about 17 and then when I was in my early twenties that I might be the type of person to "haunt" a place if I died, and I didn't have a clear reason why; now that I am in my early 30s I know why...because as much as I move around and seem like a free spirit, there's a part of me that hangs on to things with a vice grip, with my dirty broken fingernails scratching down into the peeling paint as the hurricane attempts to move me along).

So yeah, learn non-attachment people. Don't take your own life, or take another person's life unless it's in necessary self-defense.

When I was a kid/teen I grew up in the South and could feel presences in old houses. Just recently I lived in an older house in North Hollywood, and had the strongest sensation of there being a presence there, and something about murder, and I found out by another resident of the house that indeed some Russian guy had been axed to death in the backyard there during a fight when other people had owned the house.

True story.

EDIT: In case anyone questions this story, I was renting from some Russian people (very sweet awesome people, love them) and the owners before them were also Russian, this is common with ethnic groups from other countries within the city, to congregate in a particular area or sell properties to each other. They weren't friends though. It was just a different group, and anyway apparently this incident happened.

I felt the "vibes" while I was sick in bed for about a week, simply because I was forced to spend so much time inside the house and absorb the feeling of the house because I was too physically unwell to go out and about like usual. I didn't know if it was male or female, I just felt a strong presence, it gave me the same feeling as when I had been in old houses in North Carolina, and it was SO STRONG that I had to vocalize it, but I did it in a round-about way, like I was "going fishing" to see if there was any concrete basis for what I was experiencing.

And I was dead on.

Whomever he was, he wasn't a bad man. It was a really good vibe, there was something about it that almost pulled me into it, for lack of a better term.

It's hard to describe in words, even for me, I can't imagine people who WEREN'T English majors attempting to describe the experience of being an empath.

I'm an empath, not a clairvoyant, so I don't "see dead people." I pick up feelings, but they aren't my emotions. They're not MY feelings. They aren't MY emotions. I pick up energetic waves from inside out, also from the living, JTG and I had an incredible connection (and still do sometimes which is incredibly bizarre because we pretty much don't talk any more outside of rare interchanges).

I also don't know how professional psychics do it. The North Hollywood incident made me question if I should try to use my empath skills professionally, but it requires a kind of merging and detaching that I could only compare to psychological prostitution.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

SEE-Fi /Gamma

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    I believe in ghosts and leprechauns when I suspend my disbelief; but I don't believe in leprechauns and ghosts when I don't suspend my disbelief.

And its the same with art and religion.