User Tag List

First 12

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I usually tell the truth and don't hesitate to make abrasive comments about, yet in the same time I keep smiling, laugh, and always remain tactfully (or mischievously) polite.
    Retaining the capacity of laughing at the absurdity of your little daily misfortunes and sharing your laughter and your bewilderment with your audience is often appreciated,even if it's your foe and even if you're manipulating them to feel guilty about their incompetence and the consequences of their behavior...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If it's a mobile phone company, I declare war on oligopolies. Actually, yes, oligopolies do dominate fields such as communications. They have people at their mercy. There's really no way to really complain or explain, I don't even subscribe to cable in my own name, and I know a guy who recently just cancelled all cable at his house because he hates the cable companies so much.

With a lot of corporations, maybe if you scream loud enough, they'll give you a 99 cent fry or something.

I find that local businesses give you better services because they actually FEEL the accountability of their actions.

If a particular employee is just completely out of hand - and I mean REALLY OUT OF HAND, because I am not a sheltered asshole, I know that people get busy or confused - then I just tell them straight up, hey, what is your problem, you've gotta be fucking kidding me, son.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I've learned to quickly appeal to higher authorities. I have no patience once I feel something is going on the wrong track, it used to be I would grow complacent with my service and back away from the situation, at a cost to my satisfaction. Now I just say, "is your manager around?"

It works so well. Having managed myself, there were so many times I would walk in on a conversation between a customer and one of my employees and immediately understand their sentiment. They simply have more experience and "know-how" power to resolve my concerns satisfactorily.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I usually start by explaining that I understand the limits of the other person's responsibility (e.g. "I realize this is not your fault").
    Many times it is not. Like T-Mobile doesn't hold franchise store employees accountable if they screw up your minutes on your monthly account if you do it over the phone, and if an employee agrees to do it over the phone without you calling their automated robot shit-fuck inconvenience hinder line or doing it on-line, or actually walking into the store, you are screwed. They also currently sell a phone that almost NO ONE carries a replacement charger to, including T-Mobile themselves.

The Ralph's corporation is lax about training its employees on the credit card offered through their stores, so much so that employees at multiple locations in California seem utterly at a loss to know what you're even talking about, unless they ask a shift leader or a manager.

I think I may start a blog, a real blog, not a blog here, documenting the incompetence of large corporations who put their employees in the forefront well-knowing that most of the fault lies with the actual company itself and their policies (or lack there of) and name names.

I wonder if I will get sued. Jokes on them, they can't get nothing out of me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm just honest and direct. It's a good example of using anger in a productive way. I don't believe in complaining for no reason. Travelers are often horribly rude and jerks to customer service people, which I find offensive. However, there are times when you have to assert yourself.

I escalated to a supervisor last Tuesday because this call center person couldn't talk to me like a human being, answer my questions and just kept repeating things in her script. I try hard not to be rude. There was a guy that I talked to at United about upgrading my flight a short bit ago. I was in a hurry. How hard is this? Look for space and tell me how much it is and I decide and I give you a credit card number. It took 20 minutes. He asked me if I wanted to rent a car from Hertz. I said "No but thank you. i'm really in a hurry. Can you just please just make the change I asked for?" 15 seconds later, he asked me if I wanted a hotel from Hotels.com. I said - "Did you hear what I just said??". That was after 15 minutes and I was a little short after that.

I got really bad service at a hotel chain I stay at, where I have had status for 15 years. I had issues for multiple weeks on end at this particular hotel in the chain which is unusual because their standards are consistent and very good. One night they gave me a room key and I went up to the room and I unlocked the door, and a woman said "hello???!!" The latch caught me from opening the door, which I suppose was good because I would have scared the hell out of that poor woman. I went downstairs and talked to the front desk clerk, who was very embarrassed, and then she told me there was no room for me even though it was confirmed. I was nice to her because this sequence of events wasn't really all her fault. It was the last straw though and I sent a scathing letter to national customer service explaining in detail all of the repeated issues I had at this particular hotel. Magically after that, I received nothing but the best of service at this particular hotel. Also, my status was elevated to the highest status you can have - for life.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I've learned to quickly appeal to higher authorities. I have no patience once I feel something is going on the wrong track, it used to be I would grow complacent with my service and back away from the situation, at a cost to my satisfaction. Now I just say, "is your manager around?"

It works so well. Having managed myself, there were so many times I would walk in on a conversation between a customer and one of my employees and immediately understand their sentiment. They simply have more experience and "know-how" power to resolve my concerns satisfactorily.
    I like this approach. It skips some bullshit and gets you on with someone who might help you resolve the problem.

Ginkgo

It depends if they're noticeably self conscious about it. Sometimes you can tell it's a person's first time on the job, yet they're putting in more effort than a learned employee. I'll give them a regular tip and I'll probably chat about it to ease their fears.

If they obviously don't give a damn, then fuck 'em. I'll go somewhere else next time since the management is likely shitty as well. Usually I don't run into problems unless I want service from an overall shitty institution, which isn't exclusive to hole-in-the-wall mom and pop shops, but also to big name companies like Microsoft. It seems to depend on whether they can afford to be shit or not.

That's something I can't change as a whole, but only for myself if I'm assertive (which I rarely have to be), so why bother going down with their ship?

MBTI
    ISTP

Having done a number of different service jobs myself, I don't see the point in doing anything. They know they're ultimately responsible for resolving your issue and that is stressful enough. All it takes is patience.