User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    What you're describing sounds similar to how I felt in my teens. There is life after these emotional growing pains. Hang in there. Your life will take you on a journey you'd never expect or imagine.
    I reckon that's true, there's loads of things from my teenage years which I think about now and cant fathom why it had such significance.

I hear some people I know complain that life is less interesting because they dont experience that anymore but I just think hell, no, nothing could make me want to repeat that.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    I agree with all of this.

and Lark, I think I posted in a thread about Anonymous Christians that you started? I haven't changed my username, but I don't post in a huge variety of subforums.
    It probably doesnt help that I know people by their avatars for the most part and when they change or I've not seen them for a while I forget who that person is, unless I've had more contact or read their blog or they read my blog. I wasnt being critical, I just notice that kind of thing, its possible to "inhabit" entirely different parts of the forum and never have paths cross I've found.

MBTI
    XXFP

Spend some time thinking about the things you want.

Skip the step of spending time thinking about the things you don't have, and go straight to thinking about the things you do have.

"Excessively overanalyze" how you can use the things you have to get the things you want. If it becomes mental masturbation - stop. Think about actual physical steps you can take.

Do said things.

Repeat.

Basically everything you wrote was "here are things I don't have and can't do." Great. Acknowledge your issues (seriously, it's good you're doing this), but the bad stuff will take care of itself without you staring at it. Shift your focus to what you are capable of, otherwise you're going to sit there like a deer in the headlights. Look for the solution already or you're going to get run over.

And before you moan on about how you don't have the motivation to "DO" anything, well you're here, you typed this long ass post. It took some serious motivation to do that. Don't make excuses. Start with what you are capable of and work your way up from there.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Spend some time thinking about the things you want.

Skip the step of spending time thinking about the things you don't have, and go straight to thinking about the things you do have.

"Excessively overanalyze" how you can use the things you have to get the things you want. If it becomes mental masturbation - stop. Think about actual physical steps you can take.

Do said things.

Repeat.

Basically everything you wrote was "here are things I don't have and can't do." Great. Acknowledge your issues (seriously, it's good you're doing this), but the bad stuff will take care of itself without you staring at it. Shift your focus to what you are capable of, otherwise you're going to sit there like a deer in the headlights. Look for the solution already or you're going to get run over.

And before you moan on about how you don't have the motivation to "DO" anything, well you're here, you typed this long ass post. It took some serious motivation to do that. Don't make excuses. Start with what you are capable of and work your way up from there.
    You're right about excuses, but some of my problems sound like excuses. Like the excessive daydreaming and lack of focus. What could have caused that? Depression? Low dopamine levels? Things like these usually need to be analyzed first.

But yeah, I let anxiety get to me often, more than I should. I should focus on my strengths, which aren't much (stamina, sense of humor, intuition?). But they could lead to great things, which could lead to more strengths.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    You're right about excuses, but some of my problems sound like excuses. Like the excessive daydreaming and lack of focus. What could have caused that? Depression? Low dopamine levels? Things like these usually need to be analyzed first.

But yeah, I let anxiety get to me often, more than I should. I should focus on my strengths, which aren't much (stamina, sense of humor, intuition?). But they could lead to great things, which could lead to more strengths.
    Have you had a physical examination? It might be hormonal.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    Have you had a physical examination? It might be hormonal.
    Nope, just taking good guesses here.

You know shit's bad when you're not even motivated to take your meds.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    You know shit's bad when you're not even motivated to take your meds.
    What happens if you don't take em?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Who is that in your avatar pic Saudade?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Who is that in your avatar pic Saudade?
    Lyudmila Pavlichenko