User Tag List

First 123

Ya, sometimes I hear the song in my head and hum a little before I find it and put it on.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post

And I still wanna hear more stories
    Back in the day when I was just friends with my INTJ, he used to call me frequently but never at a set time. One day, I'd told him that next wednesday there was no point to call me as I would not be home. I had school and later on I had a babysitter gig, and I would go straight from school to the kids house.

Turns out, my teacher of the last class of the day was sick and we got to leave early. On the way home, I realized I'd forgotten some stuff I wanted to get done while babysitting, so I swung by the house.

As I'm getting ready, the phone rings.

I go up to the phone, pick up the horn and go:

'Hey [Insert INTjs name]'

*big silence*

'How did you know it was me?'

'How did you know I was home?'

*big silence*

'Ehm, I dont know..I just...did, I guess.'

Suffice to say it freaked us both out, then had a good laugh about it.

When I tell him this story nowadays, he looks at me sceptically and goes 'are you sure that that was what happened? It must've just been coincidence!' (his memory notoriously sucks and makes him forget both emotional crap and illogical trauma )
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Back in the day when I was just friends with my INTJ, he used to call me frequently but never at a set time. One day, I'd told him that next wednesday there was no point to call me as I would not be home. I had school and later on I had a babysitter gig, and I would go straight from school to the kids house.

Turns out, my teacher of the last class of the day was sick and we got to leave early. On the way home, I realized I'd forgotten some stuff I wanted to get done while babysitting, so I swung by the house.

*big silence*

*big silence*

When I tell him this story nowadays, he looks at me sceptically and goes 'are you sure that that was what happened? It must've just been coincidence!' (his memory notoriously sucks and makes him forget both emotional crap and illogical trauma )
    I used to tell stories, like you, but then I toke an arrow to the knee.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    I used to tell stories, like you, but then I toke an arrow to the knee.
    Blame @jontherobot, he asked
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Thats called a brain fart. Its when the process of interpreting sensory data takes the brain longer than to notice it. Since we are all highly efficient computers its a microsecond perception error.

One shouldnt put too much trust into ones brains, it only runs windows in my knowledge
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

What do you make of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Thats called a brain fart. Its when the process of interpreting sensory data takes the brain longer than to notice it. Since we are all highly efficient computers its a microsecond perception error.
    This.^^^

I recall reading somewhere that stimulation of the hypothalamus can trigger feelings of deja vu in a subject. Like entropie was saying, the theory is that there's a lag between the input of a stimulus, and the conscious recognition of it. That's my Te sanctioned and official NT Party Line Response TM.

Off the record, however, I'm more inclined towards the mystery of it. The times I've experienced deja vu, I'm reliving some part of a dream that suddenly has context. Generally it's something inane, like a moment of time that I'll see while dreaming that will occur months later. But for most of my life, I've had these incredibly vivid and symbolic dreams before a major event occurs in my life. I always remember these dreams when I wake up, which is how I can tell they're the significant ones.

I've always held the belief that time was something of a plane we all exist on, rather than a progression. Meaning that what we perceive as space is just a veil for all these simultaneous moments--past, present, and future--which are jostled together on this plane. It's all one moment.

I think the soul resides in a dimension beyond space, while our mind and bodies are anchors in it. I think the soul houses true self and consciousness, and the mind is something of an interface between that consciousness and the body. I think that people who have these instances of precognition are "peeking" under the veil of space, if only for a moment. While anyone can do this, it appears that being able to do this at will is a talent that some have naturally. I think that psychic ability is something that transcends any one function or type, but certain set-ups allow for it more readily than certain others. I've always thought of it like the ability to swim. Anybody can swim, but not everybody is built like Michael Phelps. Also like swimming, you can learn to listen to those impulses, those wordless knowings and connections, and become more attuned to them.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    This.^^^

I recall reading somewhere that stimulation of the hypothalamus can trigger feelings of deja vu in a subject. Like entropie was saying, the theory is that there's a lag between the input of a stimulus, and the conscious recognition of it. That's my Te sanctioned and official NT Party Line Response TM.

I have come across this explanation during my studies, and though it did inject a healthy level of much needed skepticism, I no longer find it viable to explain my experience. I can rule out the explanation because of physical inquiries I have made that coincide with these happenings that firmly produce a time-line of events externalized from my mind.

One time I was driving home with my sister and something she said reminded me of a joke from South Park. I told her the joke and she didn't understand. I couldn't remember what episode it was from, or what the joke even pertained to, or why I even thought of it in the first place... so we get home, and on my way inside I picked up the remote and turned the TV on. Not only was the television already on Comedy Central, not only was South Park already playing, not only was it the exact episode the joke was from, but the very first spoken lines of dialogue we heard was the joke I had told her maybe fifteen minutes before.

About four months ago, driving cross-state through some small town, a local radio DJ played a song (Sponge - Plowed) I hadn't heard since I was a teenager. It made me feel so good, all I could think about after was how shitty San Antonio Radio is after that in comparison. Well, about a month ago, again me and my sister were driving to Wal-Mart, and a pretty crappy song came on KISS. I thought of those few blissful minutes, driving through that small town, and told my sister how awesome radio stations were outside of San Antonio, how ours never play anything good. A quiet lulled between us, and wouldn't you know - the song ended shortly after and rolled directly into Plowed, by Sponge.

I understand it would be odd if all I had to go off of was what my mind perceived, but I have external events applicable to my observations of the universe to scale off of. Am I too inclined to search reality for these linkings? Is it just mere coincidence these things happen? And what of all my experience that isn't externalized, why should I chalk them up to delayed processing when I have other events that feel similar and have tangible veracity?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex
    Off the record, however, I'm more inclined towards the mystery of it. The times I've experienced deja vu, I'm reliving some part of a dream that suddenly has context. Generally it's something inane, like a moment of time that I'll see while dreaming that will occur months later. But for most of my life, I've had these incredibly vivid and symbolic dreams before a major event occurs in my life. I always remember these dreams when I wake up, which is how I can tell they're the significant ones.

I've always held the belief that time was something of a plane we all exist on, rather than a progression. Meaning that what we perceive as space is just a veil for all these simultaneous moments--past, present, and future--which are jostled together on this plane. It's all one moment.

I think the soul resides in a dimension beyond space, while our mind and bodies are anchors in it. I think the soul houses true self and consciousness, and the mind is something of an interface between that consciousness and the body. I think that people who have these instances of precognition are "peeking" under the veil of space, if only for a moment. While anyone can do this, it appears that being able to do this at will is a talent that some have naturally. I think that psychic ability is something that transcends any one function or type, but certain set-ups allow for it more readily than certain others. I've always thought of it like the ability to swim. Anybody can swim, but not everybody is built like Michael Phelps. Also like swimming, you can learn to listen to those impulses, those wordless knowings and connections, and become more attuned to them.

My theory to explain this phenomenon we experience is firmly rooted in the bolded, though doing a quick search, I am not alone in my postulations: Q&A: The Science Behind Psychic Phenomena.

I like the idea of existing as an interface between the fabric of reality and what is plainly evident, it is a very humbling, earthy concept... I am glad a person of such logic is also intrigued by the mysteries dreams and states can bring. It makes me feel slightly more sane about my postulations.

Now, if only I can dream up some lottery numbers, as Rasofy has pointed out...

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

*big silence*

*big silence*

lol, I suppose some people do not have an appreciation for such circumstance. I think it's weird, that 'just knowing' feature about the universe. Something is very fishy in Denmark.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The first one to link seeing the future to a function will be waterboarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    Is this Ni?
    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Obvsly Ni freaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Probably some weird tertiary Ni thing.

You tie the knots, I'll do the dirty work.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    471 sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yeah this happens to me...just today I was taking a test and a student knocked on the door...I knew what student would come in for no reason. Also I know when my name will be picked at random, as well as when I'm about to win something.

You tie the knots, I'll do the dirty work.

Take your pick and get it on!