Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default The Missing Piece Song

So I keep an entire library of popular 70's and 80's music in my head, and to a lesser extent, the rest of the 20th century, though after 2000 I mostly know what I like or what has been forced upon me. I suppose the 00's library is for later days of my life.

Anyway, there was this MISSING SONG. It hardly ever gets played on radio stations anymore, but I remember it from my childhood. It's a very important missing piece for me mentally, especially because I caught a snippet of it a few months ago in a Rite Aid or something, and I tried to keep the melody in my head, and somehow I JUST COULDN'T PLACE IT.

Randomly, it came on Pandora today, and I was like OMG IT IS THE MISSING PIECE SONG.

Does anyone else do this? Does anyone else feel incomplete if they can't place a particular song from their childhood or something? I know this is my little hobby, and JTG and I made a huge list one day of all of this 80s New Wave, but this is something very specific. More like late 70's/early 80s soft rock, and it was killing me not to be able to place it.

Your decades and style of music may vary.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This sort of thing happens to me alot. I remember the melody but I won't know enough of the song lyrics to be able to successfully Google it.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    This sort of thing happens to me alot. I remember the melody but I won't know enough of the song lyrics to be able to successfully Google it.
    There's nothing worse than that feeling of sitting there going "na nuh na na" like part of the melody, trying to place the song, but either not knowing or not being able to remember which lyrics go with it, because you never knew to begin with, or because the memory is so vague or buried.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    There's nothing worse than that feeling of sitting there going "na nuh na na" like part of the melody, trying to place the song, but either not knowing or not being able to remember which lyrics go with it, because you never knew to begin with, or because the memory is so vague or buried.