User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

How long have you thought yourself as being physically attractive and what is it about yourself that you find attractive?
    I've thought this for about, 6 years maybe. I love my face, and everyone else likes it too. I always get told that my face is really clean and that my eyes are amazing.

Do you like your figure, your face, etc.?
    I love my face. My figure is okay. I've been told that I'm thin but I don't see it. I think I'm just average, but then again, average could be fat to other people.

How long have you thought yourself as being physically unattractive, and what is it about yourself that you find unattractive?
    When I was younger, when I was about 8 on I thought I wasn't too attractive. Probably for no reason, but my family was pretty critical.

Do you have issues with your figure, your face, etc.?
    I don't like my figure too much right now, but that's what diet and exercise is for!

For everybody:

How important are looks?
    Fairly important. As long as it's not hard to look at you, you're fine.

How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive?
    To me, it's very important. It affects my mood. If too many people tell me I'm pretty, it goes to my head. If no one tells me, I wonder what's wrong with me. And sometimes, if I don't feel attractive myself, I get really upset and want to lay in bed or be on the computer all day instead of going out. But I usually end up going out anyway.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I was a very strange and withdrawn child, I am sure this played a part in it.
    I was a very strange and outgoing child, and if I'd witnessed what you were put through, their little kiddy heads would roll.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

How long have you thought yourself as being physically attractive and what is it about yourself that you find attractive?
    I have the stereotypical strong jaw and prominent brow. I also have really good skin (thanks mom!).

My figure/face/etc are fine. I've always been a little bit on the thin side, but that's fine with me. It's better than being on the chubby side, IMO.

How important are looks? How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive?
    That depends on how much it affects your confidence.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Thanks.

You rock the cute, too. I'm curious about this video, though...

hehe i believe she speaks of this video

YouTube - 2 girls 1 cup reaction
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I was a very strange and withdrawn child, I am sure this played a part in it.
    I was very shy and withdrawn when I was a child and I know that led to my being teased more. I was very sensitive and such an easy target. Looking back now those experiences toughened me up and molded me into who I am today so it wasn't all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I'M DEAD SEXAY.
    Now, now Jeff. Don't be so hard on yourself.

When it comes down to it for me anyway, looks are as Kiddo said an illusion. True beauty does come from within. I've met people who at first glance didn't seem all that attractive, but once I got to know them the idea of what I thought they were vanished only to reveal a truly beautiful person.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP

Do you think you are physically attractive?

Not particularly.

How long have you thought yourself as being physically unattractive,

It waxes and wanes, not sure.

what is it about yourself that you find unattractive?

If I'm overweight, then that. But it's just a general overall thing, not any particular features. It's more just that I'm aware that I don't look much like what's considered physically attractive by most people.

If I'm overweight, then sometimes that bugs me. Otherwise, I don't really have any issues with any part of me, it's not something I think about that much. I try to buy clothes that are flattering to my figure and I make the effort to keep my hair looking tamed and look after my skin, but that's about as far as I go with caring about it.

How important are looks?

To me or in general? To me, I generally get attracted to mind/personality first then the guy becomes physically attractive to me. There are some guys who are physically attractive and nice to look out - but they can rapidly become unattractive to me if I don't like their mind/personality when I get to know them.

I don't feel any need to feel physically attractive. It would be nice if I was, I guess - but I've accepted that I'm not. I think it's more about being comfortable with who you are.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    I don't feel any need to feel physically attractive. It would be nice if I was, I guess - but I've accepted that I'm not. I think it's more about being comfortable with who you are.
    QFT!!

Great post bluebell!!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP

Sometimes I think I'm the hottest guy on the street... at others I think I look like a rat.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ENTP

I sorta do and don't... as explained below...

How long have you thought yourself as being physically attractive and what is it about yourself that you find attractive

I haven't thought of myself as attractive but evidence in the form of others saying it (unsolicited), and responses to me have meant I have to accept that I must be, in some way, to others. But not to myself.

Not particularly. I can never get my hair how I want it, but I think that's because hairdressers are just shit. no really, you spend ages thinking in advance what style you want, go there with a picture and say 'I want it like this', and even though you chose one with a guy with the same colour and type of hair as you, they always seem to give some reason why YOU can't have that style. Your hair's too thick, too thin, too straight, not straight enough... there's always something. I think it's just a lame excuse for them just being a bit shit. They just don't want to say "Oh, that looks a bit difficult, I'm not up to that, choose something easier!"

Seriously though, I wish my chin was stronger, wish one of my ears didn't stick out a bit, and the obvious parts of my body that need changing re. the whole gender thing. When clothed, I guess sometimes I can agree with 'the public' when looking in the mirror and say yeah, I'm not bad. But I despise my naked body so strongly I can't even begin to describe the loathing. To give an idea: I avoid washing/bathing/showering and only do so about once every month or so because I just can't face exposing my body even to just myself. Apart from when I'm forced to shower by personal hygeine, I'm NEVER naked. Getting dressed is a fine art of putting on one outfit underneath another!

How long have you thought yourself as being physically unattractive, and what is it about yourself that you find unattractive?

Ever since I remember. Largely initially because of bullying from both older siblings and kids at school, who basically brainwashed me into thinking that being tall, blonde and having long legs made a girl ugly. That's what bullies do - they get someone they're jealous of and knock them down by making out like the good things about them are bad. Then later since changing sex, I've still got the backlog of bullied-victim mentality to fight against, as well as always feeling like I just never look male enough - even though there are people who've known me for four years who I recently came out to (told them I used to be a girl) and they were utterly shocked and took some persuasion to actually believe me. I still feel though, like everyone must be able to 'tell'. I hate my little girly hands, the fact that I look about 10 years younger than I am, my weedy arms, and other stuff as above.

See above.

How important are looks?

The looks of others to me? Very important. Not as in, that I require people to be beautiful, but what they look like says a lot about who they are. The kind of clothes they choose to wear, their posture, the way they move, their facial expression, the looks in their eyes, how they choose to do their hair, all that stuff says a lot about them. A clean cut guy in a suit with neat gelled hair and shiny shoes makes me feel slightly contemptuous - I have to tell myself he might just HAVE to dress like that for work but not like it, to prevent myself from being judgemental. I saw this guy on a bike other day, he was wearing a tweed blazer with a pair of patchwork hippie trousers, with long blonde hair and dorky glasses. I thought, "I think I'm gonna like that guy". He looked interesting, different, eccentric; I like that.

So it's not that I like people more depending how conventionally beautiful they are, but their whole ensemble is something that speaks volumes to my Ne and is influential in how I respond to them first off.

I guess it can be important-ish... I mean it sorta depends what you're trying to achieve and with whom. But even outside of romantic/sexual intentions, people still do tend to respond more favourably to good looking people than otherwise. It can help a person to feel confident if they believe people are, generally, responding to them positively.

One of the things I hated about my 'in between' phase, when I no longer looked like a beautiful blonde woman but also didn't like like a 'proper' guy - more like a butch dyke with bad acne as the testosterone started its work - was that I noticed a massive dive in how well the world in general treated me. Where I was used to getting freebies, people helping me out without having to be asked, people listening when I spoke... now I was being sneered at, being ignored, being avoided and that sorta thing, and being generally disbelieved (like if I had to take something back to a store, without a receipt, I never had any trouble before but suddenly nobody seemed to believe me).

It took a while but I noticed that my looks must've improved when I started noticing people treating me as they had done before, when I was good looking. And when I started at this community centre and the girls would often blush if I just talked normally to them or looked them in the eye.

It's kinda weird, knowing that others perceive you as good looking whilst still thinking of yourself as undesirable and having very little confidence when it comes to approaching people with romantic intent. It comes largely from the backlog explained above, but also from the fact that I know that no matter how attracted someone might be to my external appearance, 95% of them would soon run a mile if they knew what was under the clothes.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Oberon

SUB! Where ya been?!?