User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Not particularly attractive or ugly, just average.

I'm probably below average compared to others on this forum in all honesty.

I've seen alot of member photos here and so many of you look freakin' hot. There is no way I could possibly attain that level of attractiveness. Then again, people aren't likely to post their less flattering photos.

I just need a different standard to compare myself to. Morbidly obese, unshaven, trailer-trash with stains and holes in their clothing and suddenly my hotness rating has soared.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Yes, I do. But it also varies, and I have insecurities. Today I got off a long flight and haven't done anything with my hair, and am wearing glasses instead of contacts, and I think under these circumstances I look sort of androgynous and even plain.

I also think I genuinely look model-like on my best days. I'm very tall but I'm also insecure about that. It seems to scare people. I seem to be getting increasing amounts of attention over my looks these days - not sure if it's because I'm the blondest I've been! But I've had a surprising number of total strangers telling me I'm beautiful, and friends telling me I look more attractive and more comfortable in my body as I get a little older, etc.

I really am kind of insecure about the tall thing, though. And it's weird mixed messages when you get some people asking you if you're a model (or telling you you should be), or telling you you're stunningly beautiful - and then you get others asking you if you're a man. And that wasn't necessarily when I was wearing no makeup, or whatever. (I've had the extravagant compliments when I was wearing not a speck of makeup.) While I think I'm basically attractive I also think I have somewhat unusual looks which some people love and others aren't drawn to at all.
    Sounds like you a stunner. Just embrace it.

People who have character in their face, look interesting, or even look downright odd have the advantage of being memorable. You also can direct people's opinions. All you have to do is carry yourself with confidence and own it and people will respond in kind. Also, you're tall and slender. That's considered quite a plus in western culture. That gives you a lot of options as far as clothing and style so you can really play up your overall look.

So yeah, just embrace it.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'm quite insecure when it comes to my looks. I feel like a rock star on some days and a troll on others. I really don't know. I try and dress my best, so I can be as good looking as I can be, regardless of how naturally handsome/ugly I am.

Looks are important. The first impression means a lot in our society. Of course, there are many things that are more important than looks but that doesn't make it less important.

Feeling confident is really important and feeling that you look attractive is often a big part of that. Damn, why am I getting all emotional as I'm writing this...
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    How tall are you? I know a woman from church (ISFJ would be my guess) who is 6' 1.5".
    I'm 6' even or just a fraction over.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Eh. I have a great body, imo -- very well-proportioned -- and really good hair. But my face is slightly below average.

Edit: I can also attest to @SilkRoad being lovely and NOT looking like a man.

Another edit: I didn't realize there were questions in the OP.

How long have you thought yourself as being physically attractive and what is it about yourself that you find attractive: I only started to really like my body last year. I've always liked my hair.

How long have you thought yourself as being physically unattractive, and what is it about yourself that you find unattractive: I've always felt conflicted about my face, and I feel better about it than I ever have, but I think I can speak objectively when I say that I'm not a babe, and I'm certainly not fashion model material -- nor am I attractive enough to be flirted with randomly on the street. (Which, I suppose, is the biggest perk of not being a babe. Not being harassed by the opposite sex.)

How important are looks: Pretty damn important, regardless of how/if they should be.

How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive: It's extremely important to not feel unattractive. Whether you feel attractive, or don't know, or don't care, probably doesn't matter that much. But if you don't feel attractive, then your confidence level goes way down.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Eh.

I have a great body -- very well-proportioned -- and really good hair. But my face is slightly below average.
    What the??? I've seen your pics! Why would you think that? I've seen your pics and you're cute! I think women are programmed to think we're all trolls.

And @animenagai (at least, I think so, in the pics threads?) I've seen your pics too! Why would you think you're a troll???? Just take the feeling you have on a good day and embrace it. Just rock your look.

Self-perception feeds into our energy and presentation and that creates a negative loop. It makes us unhappy unrelated to "objective reality". Throw back your shoulders and say "Damn, I am SOOOOO hot - but I'm not conceited" and go about your day.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Eh.

I have a great body -- very well-proportioned -- and really good hair.
    Your hair is like Chuck Norris.

But my face is slightly below average.
    Maybe you should consider plastic surgery.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Eh. I have a great body, imo -- very well-proportioned -- and really good hair. But my face is slightly below average.

Edit: I can also attest to @SilkRoad being lovely and NOT looking like a man.
    Thanks! I think the "looking like a man" thing can occasionally be because I have a somewhat androgynous look under some circumstances - but apparently especially in certain cultures, a lot of people just can't comprehend the concept of a really tall woman. I have heard that when women around my height or taller go to China, for instance, it's really not uncommon to get asked if they're a man - even if they are extremely feminine-looking overall.

I don't think you have a below-average face at all. You look like a cute Hermione, and I definitely mean that in a good way!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    What the??? I've seen your pics! Why would you think that? I've seen your pics and you're cute! I think women are programmed to think we're all trolls.
    Or men are programmed to think they're all sexy.
    I dunno. I figured I was looking at it objectively; I know what sexy women look like, and I don't look like that. No one looks like me. I have facial features that don't exist on "hot" women. Of course, no one can ever know what they look like through the eyes of others, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Your hair is like Chuck Norris.
    Are you saying I have a mullet??
    Maybe you should consider plastic surgery.
    I will admit that my reasoning has been similar to his reasoning: People with great faces have features like this, and mine is not like that, and therefore... etc. But unlike him, I've acknowledged that everyone has different taste, and that my personality is a very important factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Thanks! I think the "looking like a man" thing can occasionally be because I have a somewhat androgynous look under some circumstances - but apparently especially in certain cultures, a lot of people just can't comprehend the concept of a really tall woman. I have heard that when women around my height or taller go to China, for instance, it's really not uncommon to get asked if they're a man - even if they are extremely feminine-looking overall.
    How bizarre! I guess that's like how in Afghanistan(? I think?), female soldiers have to "prove" to civilian women, that they're female, because the uniform is so androgynous. But the thing is... you have pretty long hair!! I don't understand how Westerners would get confused!
    I don't think you have a below-average face at all. You look like a cute Hermione, and I definitely mean that in a good way!
    Ooh, that's an excellent compliment! I've always wanted that comparison. Thanks
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

I think I am pretty but I can't say that it has ever helped me with finding a boyfriend or getting into a relationship (since where I live guys know how to stare but not how to approach)

I love my natural hair colour because it makes me stand out.