User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

Riva

I believe I am devilishly handsome.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

objectively i know i'm at least above average, but i don't feel that way sometimes. i'm more secure with my body than my face.

Riva

^ Pooh!

Talk about confidence.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Lately, not at all.
    Aww whatsamatter cupcake?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

People have generally been more complimentary then I feel is warranted but I like to think it has more to do with just me as a person or whatever interaction/ connection we share and that's totally cool with me.

I never really felt not attractive enough but currently realize I could be in better shape and my hair could be cooler. It's at a totally boring length ATM. :/

I don't have any hang ups about any of it tho fortunately.

Breaks my heart to hear some of these comments in here.

I hate that some of you have had people screw with your self concept.

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    How long have you thought yourself as being physically attractive and what is it about yourself that you find attractive?

I think I'm above average.

How important are looks?

Stupidly.

Looks tend to formulate the basis of our initial impressions towards each other.

From an instinctual basis, it makes sense to evaluate one's environment, if to realize potential threats; mates; like-minded peoples with whom to communalize one's resources.

Unfortunately, this basic prerogative has taken on a much more complex initiative. How distinctly we view beauty often distorts our global perspective of a subject.

Beauty is then diagrammed into the context of a good/bad scenario, wherein certain traits are uplifted and others vilified.

Within this equation, many who deserve praise are forgotten due to arbitrary cultural friction with inherent phenotypical expression.

How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive?

As our impressions of the world begin with ourselves, it is unfortunate that physical attractiveness is often highly important to many.
    Excellent post.

Too bad I missed your more prolific days, Night.

Regarding the underlined: was this by design or by chance that these happen to match perfectly onto the enneagram instinctual variants?

Regarding the bolded and underlined: couldn't agree more. Isn't it crazy how the Greeks (supposedly) equated attractiveness with goodness? Not that we don't do something similar, I guess, but, I feel like we do so more subconsciously, whereas they almost held the notion as some sort of metaphysical truth. I've always found it odd/difficult to reconcile with my own beliefs.

Glycerine

I don't fit my ideal but for the most part, people don't find me ugly. haha

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Excellent post.
    ...Not that we don't do something similar, I guess, but, I feel like we do so more subconsciously, whereas they almost held the notion as some sort of metaphysical truth. I've always found it odd/difficult to reconcile with my own beliefs.
    @Zarathustra what are your beliefs?
    What saith thus?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think I look alright for a 30 something that studies indoors for 12+ hours a day and has done so for the last several years. I could stand to lose 20 pounds and lift something heavier than my laptop and kids with some frequency. But, overall I can't complain, my wife said 'I do' and my kids don't run the other way when they see me so I am as attractive as I need to be. I wouldn't mind getting a couple more scars (preferably from a fight with a bear or criminal, or criminals riding bears) and if spouse and budget permitted I would likely get more tats.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

Yes.