User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 294

  1. #171
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    I'm pretty realistic about my attractiveness level I guess. I think I look cute if I put on makeup and fix my hair- like any female in her 20's. If I don't pay attention to my looks, I just look like an average schmoe. I try to make my personality "cute". (Smiley, laughing) I think that makes someone attractive. I don't have any real issues with any features that I have. I like my eyes so I try to emphasize them if I decide to put on makeup.

    Sometimes I feel ugly. That's when I am tired and stressed, and have purple circles under my eyes and am very pale, don't have time for a hair fixing and not hydrated properly.

    Overall i'm okay with how I look, though.


    How important are looks?
    If you are unfortunate looking, I think that its harder to make a good impression, so you have to work on your personality and try hard. So its just a harder life to have. In that respect, they are important. But most people are presentable and proportionate and normal looking, so its not usually a problem. Sometimes I think that it would be a very easy life to just look like a super-model and get what you want all the time, but I think that they probably don't have it much easier than us average schmoes.

    How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive?
    Its imporant to feel confident about your looks,but that starts with feeling okay on the inside, too. I'd much rather be fairly homely and self-confident than beautiful and not feeling that way.

  2. #172
    Senior Member Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I try to make my personality "cute". (Smiley, laughing) I think that makes someone attractive.
    That goes a long way actually as long as it's not annoying/cloying.

  3. #173
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    How long have you thought yourself as being physically attractive and what is it about yourself that you find attractive?

    Do you like your figure, your face, etc.?


    How long have you thought yourself as being physically unattractive, and what is it about yourself that you find unattractive?

    Do you have issues with your figure, your face, etc.?


    I really can't answer to either questions. I'd say I don't feel especially "attractive" (aesthetically speaking), but I think I have a fairly good charisma, hence I attract people nonetheless, and always had.
    I remind the test that Whatever showed us: Most of the time, I couldn't really answer which face I found to be "more attractive", because they lacked any clear expression. I felt very puzzled and lost, and very often I sincerely answered the opposite of what was apparently expected (especially during the "babyface" test).

    I'm not photogenic at all. Each time I see pictures of me, I somewhat disappointed. But this doesn't mean I'm ugly: in fact, I'd rather suspect my huge inflated ego, and the fact I appreciate myself quite well.
    So maybe what strikes me in these pictures, is the difference between my exterior (real) self and my idealized one. In front of a mirror I almost always try to exaggerate the display of my emotions, that's how I prefer myself. And since I don't have a beautiful smile (even if I smile often), I have to rely on more "subtle" postures...

    People tend to have an extreme opinion about my own appearance: either they find me repulsive or completely inexpressive (Calling me pedantic, snobbish or too sophisticated), or either I hypnotize them (If they are clever enough to understand my ramblings). They have to see me in action: most of the time, I talk with my hands, and when I feel confident enough, I don't hesitate to do some clown-like tricks: it's the way I enjoy communicating.

    So let's say this: I'm not the reincarnation of Apollo, but I'm often called a seducer in my own way.

    I could use an example: a few months ago, a female colleague confessed she was in love with me. Then I asked why? She replied that she didn't find me "beautiful", but that I was the only one able to raise her (very) dark mood, and that she felt happy, sensual and intelligent, wherever I was around her.

    Unfortunately, sometimes, I have the opposite effect: some people feel crushed by my presence, and tend to develop inferiority complex.

    ---

    Anyway. Aesthetically, well... I'm not happy with my teeth, and I have a prominent chin. As I told you, I'd wish my smile could be better. :rolleyes2: Because you know, I've noticed that with some people, a simple smile illuminates their face like nothing else. I envy them.
    My face is very elongated, not very regular.

    The parts of my body I'm most satisfied with are my upper torso and my legs: I'm quite muscular, even if this constrasts with my light, almost feminine face.
    I'm not tall (5'9''); I'm not overweight, and never was, and when I compare myself with lot of my former high-school friends, most of the time I look far younger and in better shape than they do, for a 35 years old man.

    ---



    How important are looks?

    How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive?


    Of course being physically attractive always help: even if it's unfair, that's the way the world is. Please, don't have any illusion about that fact, so people: try to mind your own appearance, because it says a lot about you. (Even if I often noticed that extremely attractive people could have, in fact, a very hard time.)

    The people really blessed are those who are "reasonably better than the average", because every doors are opened to them, while we do not expect much of them in return.

    Anyway, I'd say it's not only the look that matters, it's rather how you use it to communicate. I'm quickly bored with shallow people, but you know, somehow this shallowness is reflected on their face, you have to decipher the subconscious language of their body, and you have to be very aware of it.
    This is why, paradoxically, I'm often drawn towards Introverts, because their awkwardness often tells much more than "classic beauty", even if most of the time, they do not realize it. It's also because they can't fake it as easily as an extrovert would.

    Every expressions can be an hint, a clue; the raise of an eyebrow, an hand that shakes, a quirky smile, a quiver when you breathe, different voice pitches... anything!
    The palette is wider than most expect...

    As I said, appearance can say a lot, even if you have to go further than "attractiveness" to understand it. Never neglect yourself, because it sends a very disturbing message about who you are.
    Last edited by Blackmail!; 01-11-2009 at 07:38 PM.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  4. #174
    Senior Member PinkIceTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    302

    Default

    I think I'm kind of physically attractive. I think I have a more attractive personality.

    As a kid it didn't matter. Not until I was in like the 9th grade did I start paying attention. I always liked my eyes and smile. I also like that I'm petite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I call it ENFP crazy eyes.
    "Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes--none knows whence--and cannot explain itself." -Mark Twain, Eve's Diary

    "Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it." Mark Twain

  5. #175
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    I think so, I guess. I'm not going to have women clawing at me in droves, but I've attracted other good looking women before, and I think my current gf is pretty hot, so I figure at least I don't look like I belong in a leper colony.



  6. #176
    Senior Member sonata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    iNtJ
    Posts
    291

    Default

    I think I'm okay-looking. Not so ugly that I make you cringe or drop-dead gorgeous. My body is decent because I dance, but I don't like my smile ().

    In a perfect world, looks wouldn't have as much influence on society as they do, but this isn't a perfect world, so I try to look good. We all judge people initially based on their looks --- we're human.

  7. #177
    Systematic chaos Cenomite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    623

    Default

    I don't really find myself particularly attractive or unattractive, so I'll just answer the everyone questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

    For everybody:


    How important are looks?

    How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive?
    How important are looks?
    I can only speak for the culture in the US. Unfortunately, I believe looks to be very important. I remember reading some report back in high school that said people are naturally inclined to trust attractive people more, the attractive person will has a better chance of getting the job, etc.

    A ridiculous amount of attention is put on looking pretty in our culture, and I think it's stupid. If I'm looking for a relationship, looks are only about the third thing I consider. A good mind is much more attractive to me than a good body (of course both is always appreciated!). Obviously people are going to naturally want someone who they find physically attractive, but I'm more than willing to compensate in that area of it means I can be with someone who actually understands where I'm coming from and won't stare at me blank faced when I talk about anything other than Paris Hilton.

    How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive?
    Well I'd say that all depends on your personal values. If the kind of crowd you roll with values face value and attractiveness, then of course it's going to be important to you. There's obvious benefits to being attractive, but some people will value it more than others. I personally wouldn't be devastated (although not pleased) if I thought I was ugly. If anything, a positive of thinking you're unattractive is that it's an amazing filter to find people who like you purely for who you really are. I imagine this is a HUGE issue for attractive women.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

    P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

    P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......


    Eh, I'll finish it later.

  8. #178
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    As is usual, I'd say you probably look better without make-up. These are only two pictures of course, but that's my conclusion.
    I'd say that when a man says he prefers you without make-up, it means he's in love with you, somehow.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  9. #179
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    For those that do:

    How long have you thought yourself as being physically attractive and what is it about yourself that you find attractive?

    Do you like your figure, your face, etc.?


    For those that don't:


    How long have you thought yourself as being physically unattractive, and what is it about yourself that you find unattractive?
    Since I read this post. Before that I never really thought about it.

    Do you have issues with your figure, your face, etc.?
    What you mean "do I cry myself to sleep because of how horrible it is?"
    I have acne. It won't go away.


    For everybody:


    How important are looks?
    Well I sort of answered that already. I don't really think about it much.
    I don't think about it relating to myself.

    That's natural, and deliberate: I rarely think about it anyway, but when I do, I stop myself immediately because all that can come of it is depression or cockiness, neither of which ought to have anything to do with appearance, even though it does.

    It's stupid.

    How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive?
    Oh. Looks like I misinterpreted the first one to be this one.
    Well, I'll answer the last one here to make it even.
    It matters to me. I don't want to be near anyone I don't want to look at.

    On the other hand, we could look at it this way: Looks matter to someone more than anything, but they're not picky, so they're happy with everyone.

    Wouldn't that be the same as someone who doesn't care about looks, but does still judge people (and does so in a very picky way), and is therefore happy with everyone, since they don't care about those judgements?
    we fukin won boys

  10. #180
    Systematic chaos Cenomite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Since I read this post. Before that I never really thought about it.

    What you mean "do I cry myself to sleep because of how horrible it is?"
    I have acne. It won't go away.

    Well I sort of answered that already. I don't really think about it much.
    I don't think about it relating to myself.

    That's natural, and deliberate: I rarely think about it anyway, but when I do, I stop myself immediately because all that can come of it is depression or cockiness, neither of which ought to have anything to do with appearance, even though it does.

    It's stupid.



    Oh. Looks like I misinterpreted the first one to be this one.
    Well, I'll answer the last one here to make it even.
    It matters to me. I don't want to be near anyone I don't want to look at.

    On the other hand, we could look at it this way: Looks matter to someone more than anything, but they're not picky, so they're happy with everyone.

    Wouldn't that be the same as someone who doesn't care about looks, but does still judge people (and does so in a very picky way), and is therefore happy with everyone, since they don't care about those judgements?
    This post is full of truth. You bring up a good point that whether looks matter to some people or not, everyone judges other's looks. If you say you don't you're pretty much full of shit. It's definitely how you act on those judgments that define how much looks "matter to you".

    I especially liked this:
    I rarely think about it anyway, but when I do, I stop myself immediately because all that can come of it is depression or cockiness, neither of which ought to have anything to do with appearance, even though it does.

    It's stupid.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

    P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

    P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......


    Eh, I'll finish it later.

Similar Threads

  1. Do women think beards are attractive?
    By highlander in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 09-24-2017, 12:21 AM
  2. Why do we think things are "cute"?
    By yama in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 11:34 PM
  3. Ladies: Who do you find more attractive?
    By Stansmith in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 10:14 PM
  4. [INFJ] Why Do INFJs think ENTPs are SO Adorable? And Want to Eat Them?
    By Winds of Thor in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 11:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO