User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

No, I do not. I think I have some good aspects, but I don't think I'm hot or anything like that. I like myself just fine all the same. Anyway...

For those that don't:

How long have you thought yourself as being physically unattractive, and what is it about yourself that you find unattractive?

For as long as I can remember. Primarily body, though I think I have a quirky face. I have some good aspects. My eyes are pretty enough and I occasionally have decent hair. But overall, I'm just okay. I think in some ways I'm much harsher on myself than others would be, and in others I'm more lenient than others would be. Meh.

For everybody:

How important are looks?

Um, I wish I were super-attractive. But on the flip side, I could care less about this quality in my partner or friends.

How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive?

It's good to feel good about yourself. I think I'm a pretty okay person, even if I don't feel physically hot all the time. If your self-image is tied up in physical traits, then I imagine it's quite important to feel physically attractive. It's not a main concern of mine.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

For those that do:

How long have you thought yourself as being physically attractive and what is it about yourself that you find attractive?

Oh, I don't know how long I have...probably somewhere around age 14 I decided I liked the way I looked. And I like my face the best, though I do like the rest of my body as well.

For those that don't:

Do you have issues with your figure, your face, etc.?

I do have issues with my figure, because I'm currently carrying a lot of extra weight and I know I have a pretty awesome body underneath the fat. I don't necessarily consider myself unattractive because of it, but I am a little frustrated by it.

For everybody:

How important are looks?

I'm always debating with myself whether I consider looks to be important. I'd like to not think they are, but I know that I treat pretty people better, even if it's unconsciously, and I know that everyone else (or a least a whole bunch of people) does the same thing.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    For those that do:

How long have you thought yourself as being physically attractive and what is it about yourself that you find attractive?
    Like... 2 years? I like my shoulder/head ratio and the length of my neck. I stopped hating my nose. My eyes are adequately shadowed.

Overall I could be more attractive but I think it's suitable.

I don't have a good figure but I have a good frame.

For everybody:

How important are looks?

Looks are important. I judge people on everything they do, and their looks are something they do. If someone is irrevocably ugly then I judge how they've reacted to that. I'm not ashamed of every imperfection in my body, I am ashamed of every poor decision I make regarding my appearance. I try to deliver as clear an expression of my self in my physical appearance as I can.

It's important to feel physically attractive if you want to have a well balanced sex life, or at least what I consider a well balanced sex life.
    If you're unattractive then you can look at sex in two ways, either you're using your superior non-physical characteristics to gain the sexual knowledge of an attractive person or sex is a predominantly "emotional" experience where your worries about figure are erased by the caring attention of another.

Really I'd just rather be two hot people fucking.
    wails from the crypt.

Glycerine

This is old but really fascinating...
    For those that don't:

How long have you thought yourself as being physically unattractive, and what is it about yourself that you find unattractive? For the last 6 years... my Asian features and petiteness

Do you have issues with your figure, your face, etc.? I have disliked pretty much everything but most people say I'm dillusional

For everybody:

How important are looks? very, I think it is especially important.

How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive? very

MBTI
    ISFJ

How long have you thought yourself as being physically unattractive, and what is it about yourself that you find unattractive?

I don't find myself hideous but ever since puberty I don't think I'm attractive. Not in the sense that people will take a look and feel drawn to me. I think I'm average looking.

I had problems with acne in the past, not any more. I think I'm kinda fat (by my standards) right now.

How important are looks?

I never fell for a girl I didn't find physically attractive, so I think it's important.

Knowing you are attractive is knowing that you have the power to change the only thing that needs changing anyways - which is your personality and how you deal with people. As far as romantic relationships go, there is no doubt it's very important. Then again, feeling average looking can be good if you don't want to stand out too much. If I were a girl I'd probably wouldn't like to stand out too much. As a boy, I wouldn't mind knowing girls were looking at me.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It's been on and off since I was 15 - I learned how to accentuate my best features. It solidified itself last year. What I like best are things I cannot see in the mirror or in pictures - my wild facial expressions and my natural movements. Living energy.

Do you like your figure, your face, etc.?

Pretty much everything. There are some things that I wish I could change, but I have learned that they're not really all that important. To be happy and grateful for what I do have. And ultimately, if I could change those things, I probably lose out the way Janice Dickinson did.

How important are looks?

Not very. Image is more important, because people treat you accordingly. But not looks. Unless one is blessed enough to have cosmetic surgery, looks are pretty much something we have no choice in. This fact should be more salient than it is.

Being comfortable in your own skin is of the utmost importance. It leads to greater ability and perhaps greater respect. Which is greater efficiency.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    [B][I]

Note: It is somewhat difficult living in L.A. though, I know I am petite but compared to many of the ladies here, I am downright meaty, actually I think I am pretty meaty too, but in a healthy and attractive way!
    That's how I felt when I entered high school. I remember thinking anything over a 0 wasn't OK, since totting hip bones was suddenly so prominent. It's not just weight though... I couldn't believe how "horrible" it was to not have a
    tan. The ones who went a little crazy with the faux tans were labeled "the orange girls"... and I kind of laughed when I saw your post because a good number of them go to LMU (especially) and UCLA... and their orange-ness has only worsened since. lol

I thought I was when I was 14-15, only because I fit a certain mold though (thin, blond, sort of tan, tall).

I wouldn't change anything. At one point I had BDD... but obviously, not now.

For those that don't:

When I was really self-critical I thought my shoulders were too wide, my torso was too long, my eyelashes were too short, I didn't like my smile, etc etc etc. At that point in time, there was always something that could be changed. Oh and I used to hate my feet. My shorter friend had cute, I-can-wear-the-display-shoe-size feet and I had a size 9... pair that with stick legs and it looks kind of funny.

not as much now. i'm not really submersed in a group of people who idolize image anymore.

For everybody:

How important are looks?

I've read all kinds of articles that claim physically attractive people are more likely to succeed... I think it is fine to value appearance moderately... whatever that is... of course it would vary, but when it becomes an obsession or a disorder, it has obviously gone too far. Like most (I'm assuming), I think our culture places too much emphasis on image. When I was too focused on being thin the girl I babysat started to refuse food (her mother always gushed over me, was a good 70 lbs overweight, and was also constantly on failing fad diets). Anyway, the little girl was only 5 at the time and said she wouldn't eat because she didn't want to be fat. I think that is scary.

I think it is important to have a positive self image, but I don't think it is everything. If it becomes too important, it can detract from more meaningful pursuits/interests (I'm still mostly referring to disorders).

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I've kinda always struggled with the way I look. There are some parts I'm not too pleased with and some that are ok. I've been told that my best features are my eyes, my hair and my chest, and I'd have to agree.

Not really. I don't always like the way I'm build. I'm told I have a pretty face though, and on my good days, I do agree There's one thing I'm happy about, which is that my body tends to be in proportion.

How important are looks?

They make life easier.

Very important, I feel, as it can really mess up your self-esteem. Well, it's more being happy with how you look, that's important, I'd say.

PS: for those that want a pic, there's one in an album on my profile page
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm pretty confused about this subject because as a kid I had a physical problem that was mercilessly teased in school. (it wasn't a functional problem, just a looks problem - and wasnt a huge deal but I don't want to say it because it still hurts) As a kid I also had adults telling me I should be a model. So I always felt like adults got it but kids my age didn't. After it was fixed in middle school I've always felt a little confused about if I'm attractive or not. People say I am but then I feel like I don't have "it" I have started to think it's just because of what I went through as a kid.

My face is supposed to be pleasing. I don't mind it. I've put some weight on but I hate to admit I've actually had a little fun having a little weight and eating whatever. I need to decide if it's worth losing the weight or not. I know people think it matters a lot but I don't really care myself so I have to decide either way.

How important are looks?
    It depends what you want to do with them. If you want to use them to get ahead they are important. In the large scheme of things they really aren't. I know online I get more attention because I'm "cute" but in rl since I'm still a little unsure of myself I don't get the benefits quite as much.

I think radiating confidence is what matters because I think that's what people work with. I think that's why online it's easier if you don't have the physical confidence but you have the personality or looks.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I think radiating confidence is what matters because I think that's what people work with. I think that's why online it's easier if you don't have the physical confidence but you have the personality or looks.

This is all very true about confidence. If I have decent looks, that can easily be cancelled out by how awkwardly I hold myself in public, lol.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO