First 6141516171826 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I edited my post to include a picture of me...just so ya know...

MBTI
    INTJ

It's interesting reading the responses.

As for me? I think I'm average. I was overweight all through high-shcool, so I used to have really low self-esteem when it came to my physical appearance. That did not help my development at all, and probably contributed to me being an INTJ I'm sure.

Once I hit college, I lost all the weight. Actually, It's only been about a year or year and a half since I did, and as you can imagine being an INTJ, the whole dating scene is completely new and bewildering to me. Case in point: was out with friends last weekend at a bar. Not really paying attention, just watching the band play (because the singer was incredibly hot...something about pigtails ), and this very attractive girl walks up behind me and starts grinding on me. I froze

So I know women find me attractive, because they start acting silly when they're around me. The sad part is I have no idea what to do. I do find that the power physical attractiveness has over people is quite amusing.

But, to return to the original question, I only find myself average. I think this has more to do with my personality type, I wouldn't consider myself attractive unless I could conceivable be on the cover of a magazine or something. It's that INTJ attitude of constantly needing to improve.

Side note: I've had a really, really bad run of getting pulled over for speeding the last two years. Every time it's a male cop, I get a ticket. The 3 female cops who pulled me over? Warnings

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    Side note: I've had a really, really bad run of getting pulled over for speeding the last two years. Every time it's a male cop, I get a ticket. The 3 female cops who pulled me over? Warnings
    When your perceived as attractive by the majority, it really does present more opportunity.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Minako-bot View Post
    When your perceived as attractive by the majority, it really does present more opportunity.
    ^ very true- I studied social psych for a major... perception of attraction gives a person a lot of leeway...

for an example, attractive people get away with all crimes with exception to confidence jobs much more easily- do you think that an ugly chick would have gotten away with shoplifting as easily as Winona Ryder?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Minako-bot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ^ very true- I studied social psych for a major... perception of attraction gives a person a lot of leeway...

for an example, attractive people get away with all crimes with exception to confidence jobs much more easily- do you think that an ugly chick would have gotten away with shoplifting as easily as Winona Ryder?
    It's really sad, though. I'm the first to admit that apearance has some importance to me when it comes to a romantic relationsip, but I don't know why people let it effect decisions concerning so many aspects of life.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It's really sad, though. I'm the first to admit that apearance has some importance to me when it comes to a romantic relationsip, but I don't know why people let it effect decisions concerning so many aspects of life.
    Oy. On a basic level between adults, I'd say it partly has to do with sex. Some people are moved by attraction and make decisions based off of that feeling. I suspect that would actually be a rarity if the majority of the population were INT.

MBTI
    GONE

I think there was a 'scientific study' with really attractive people. In every situation except 1, they got preferential treatment compared to their less attractive control.

The 1 exception was in getting a mortgage. When it comes to loans, your credit has to be pretty not your face.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I think there was a 'scientific study' with really attractive people. In every situation except 1, they got preferential treatment compared to their less attractive control.

The 1 exception was in getting a mortgage. When it comes to loans, your credit has to be pretty not your face.
    Doesn't surprise me at all.

There's little psychology programs where they do studies that show 'superficial' behavior. Like how much more often an attractive woman will be helped when upset, carrying luggage etc. etc.

The interesting this is. I'd likely be just as shallow as I am at the moment. And the only reason I would help a conventionally unattractive person is because I know no one else will. And altruism makes me feel good. Not that I really want to. I question my intentions constantly.

Where should blame be placed when people are shallow?
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    I agree with this in general, but does it work the other way around? IE> Can you have ugliest guy or girl around but at the end of the day they are deep and fascinating, are you still interested? I would suspect most people would say a resounding NO (interested as a friend maybe, but not as a lover).
    As lover that may be less appealing, the face tells all. I think not ugliest but you can have a gonzo and pretty girl or a gonzet and hunky boy. When I went to a party last weekend. I saw an awesome girl that I was attracted to but she was going out with a gonzo and wondered why. Then I talked to him and he's lively. I think when people have a personality and are interesting and can engage the other person that works wonders. I mean I know a few friends who fail with girls and the girls left them for other men because they were nice people but not very interesting. I sympathize with my friends because I'm like them sometimes.

Come to think of it my jaw dropped recently as a girl with a boob and a pretty face friended 180 other males and me on facebook. She did look hot, I'll give her that but its not myspace. Was surprised that pretty without a profile, men still friended a random who friended only us, aus and english folk. So very sus I grinned at the attempt to be friend but declined. Interesting experiment and is curious to see how many men she'll friend in the end.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Do you think you are physically attractive?

Yes.

How long have you thought yourself as being physically attractive and what is it about yourself that you find attractive?

I suppose around the age of 21 or 22. Before then I'd never had a girlfriend or dated much. So, what the opposite gender thought about me was a complete mystery.

I've been strength training off and on (between injuries) for 2 years now and have added some muscle to my slim frame. Definitely a confidence booster.

Do you like your figure, your face, etc.?

Yes I do. The only thing I'd change about me would be to add a couple of inches.

... to my HEIGHT! Hah.

How important are looks?

With regard to hygiene, how I am perceived by other people is important to me. Being in a professional work environment.. it's part of the gig. What people I have no relationship with at all think about me in terms of my facial features? - I couldn't care less.

How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive?

Now let me partially negate that previous answer by stating that I certainly hope whoever I'm romantically interested in finds me to be attractive.

I've never had a 'real' girlfriend before, so it's always been a struggle for me to feel like I'm attractive since I've always been the single guy in my circle of friends.

But when it comes down to it, looks (the sexy hot ones) only last so long. When gravity starts to take its toll, there needs to me other things than physical looks that attract you to someone. Otherwise the relationship was only built on raw, animal, sweaty, steamy, lusty attraction...

Hmmm.