User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    The problem with this is that it just becomes a thread that is dedicated to people fishing for compliments, which I think is sort of lame.
    A.) The nature of this thread topic, I believe, will inevitably lead to a lot of compliment allotment. (lol, that sounds funny when you say it)

B.) There is nothing wrong with giving *sincere* compliments.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

The problem with this is that it just becomes a thread that is dedicated to people fishing for compliments, which I think is sort of lame.
    But you're lovely.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    B.) There is nothing wrong with giving *sincere* compliments.
    Sure. I just think it detracts from the concept of the thread. I think learning about people's view of themselves is more interesting than whether or not others think they are attractive. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    But you're lovely.
    Shush!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    How long have you thought yourself as being physically unattractive, and what is it about yourself that you find unattractive?
    I actually don't feel right answering "I think I'm attractive" or "I think I'm unattractive". There have always been things I liked and disliked about myself physically. I actually like my face and I think I have good hair. But I hate my body. I'm bothered by the gap in my teeth and my weak chin, too. The goatee works wonders for the latter!

Do you have issues with your figure, your face, etc.?
    Well, as I said above, mostly my weight. Sometimes I look at myself and I'm reminded of Michelangelo's quote about sculpting (total paraphrase): "When I look at a block of marble I see the statue and I carve away everything that is not the statue." I feel like a much more attractive me is obscured under fat and I want to carve it away.

How important are looks?
    I'm going to assume this question is asking how important they are to me, not generally. They have an importance, but not an unreasonable one. I think to have a healthy relationship, you do (or at least I do) need to be attracted physically to your mate. I'd say it's important to that extent. But the flip side is that someone I am really into becomes more physically attractive to me. So, to sum up...who knows?

How important is it to feel or not feel physically attractive?
    Again, I think it has a certain importance without being a be-all end-all. I think it's good as long as you don't drift into narcissism. If you feel attractive you are more confident and you are more comfortable revealing your true self. And those are both wonderful things.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sure. I just think it detracts from the concept of the thread. I think learning about people's view of themselves is more interesting than whether or not others think they are attractive. But that's just my opinion.
    No, I agree with you too, and that was the intent of my starting this thread

Shush!
    Aha, but compliments are nice, aren't they
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    But the flip side is that someone I am really into becomes more physically attractive to me.
    That happens with me too. It's weird how a person will actually begin to look more physically attractive when I begin to see how pretty they are on the inside.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

On the whole, I think I'm below average, though not by very much. The main detriment is the figure -- I am very thin for a male, though not by some conscious choice, with genetics playing the decisive role. Nor am I particularly tall, but I'm doing okay there. These traits bring with them a certain fraility, compounded by my nonexistent sport and workout habits -- a fraility I could do without, given my rather paranoid tendencies. Is it a lost cause? No, there is much room for improvement with the correct outlook. But that's just the thing: For the most part, I don't really care how I look, as long as external circumstances don't make a point of bothering me about it.
    Not really.

MBTI
    ISTx

Sometimes I like what I see, sometimes I don't much. Have yet to find an equilibrium.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Hmmm.

I would rate myself roughly average. If I spend time trying, I can get myself to look above average through the use of cosmetics and clothing, but I am perpetually finding myself with only mere minutes left before I need to leave the house and I'm not stressed by my appearance enough to remember for next time to get all prepped. (i.e. more than throwing on clothes, brushing my teeth and quickly applying some mascara.)

I haven't posted a full photo here (and don't plan on it) but there's one of me in a bathing suit somewhere. I would rate my body as a little more attractive than my face.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I can confirm that Sunshine is indeed physically attractive.

Especially her smile.

Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel