Ginkgo

Nothing but a popularity contest.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

It doesn't have to be. Is there any objective criteria you can make to determine this? To be honest, I'm just kind of curious because there are many people on the forum who I am familiar with that I have never seen type anyone.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

I believe this is the world's best typist:

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Those who I selected represent phases or turning points during which my worldviews had been flipped, split and reversed:

SolitaryWalker's extensive, bare-boned contributions have helped stabilize and clarify whereas state has provided a raw glimpse into, as I perceive, his inverted freeform universal ouija compass, also spurring me to study the enneagram. Aside from the Jack Flak Trainwreck, I can't imagine figures who have been more relevant in my experience or this forum's ongoing paradigm shift.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    It doesn't have to be. Is there any objective criteria you can make to determine this? To be honest, I'm just kind of curious because there are many people on the forum who I am familiar with that I have never seen type anyone.
    There isn't because as @Ivy pointed out, it takes a good typist to recognize a good typist. It also depends on what assumptions we're operating on when typing other people. When I type people in the MBTI I've stopped giving out actual MBTI types as much as I give people their Jungian types. Obviously I think most people who are unfamiliar with Jungian typing would think my typing is most likely bullshit even though I personally think I'm a pretty darn accurate typist across all systems (enneagram, MBTI, socionics). It's just that when we type we look at different things. A pure MBTI typist is going to look at stereotypical traits associated with a type (that I would ascribe to enneagram) but most likely overlook the actual cognitive make-up of the individual (Jung, socionics).

Last but not least though, the typee must confirm the type the typist suggested meaning that ultimately, the best typist is actually us, since we can only confirm our types through self-verification and self-study. So you can have a person who seems to be highly accurate at typing and people will agree this is so simply because they themselves lack the knowledge/energy/interest to actually verify if the correct type is suggested.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    With his handsome looks, we could make a movie out of it.
    Oh yeah dude, you're totally straight.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Alright folks buckle your seatbelts because here comes a rip roaring adrenaline fueled rampage known as the first annual 2013 MBTI typing competition. Here we can nominate contestants that you believe type others* correctly, accurately, and where you disagree provide credible reasoning for their opinion.

Afterward I can take the top 20(? However many a poll holds) contestants and we can vote for the best one. The winner will be crowned King and/or Queen of this thread.

But wait, there's more!

Ok, wait no there isn't. Let the nominations commence!

*legal disclaimer: others may include fictional characters from media, cartoon characters, and even count chocula, the cream puff marshmallow man, annoying facebook girl, etc

Because I believe they would like to be included in the competition I nominate @Elfboy and @Speed Gavroche
    I think @Elfboy and @Speed Gavroche are the most prolific. I don't think that makes them particularly good at it though.

I know this just mentioned them both twice on their mention box...meh don't care.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Oh yeah dude, you're totally straight.
    Global warming is a myth. Canada doesn't exist. But sarcasm; it's real!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I guess it's up to me and OA and Chloe and Edgar to decide the winner, then.

Don't worry, we'll be fair.

Really? You think I'm an INFJ?

Do tell.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Global warming is a myth. Canada doesn't exist. But sarcasm; it's real!
    I've been to Canada. It's real.