User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I have no idea. I've tried to figure out my own difficulties with such things, too. I eventually rested on the fact that I am an insecure people-pleaser afraid of disapproval. Or figurative gaping holes in my psyche where Fi and Te are supposed to be. Or something. I'm certainly not claiming this as the case for you.

I do think it's interesting that we are opposite types with this same difficulty, though. I wonder what that means, if anything.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i don't have a favorite color.
    i don't have a favorite food.
    i don't have a favorite pet species.
    the music that i like are from all sorts of genres.
    same with books, games, movies, etc...
    ...i don't even have a favorite coding language and that's my fucking profession...

my mind has plenty of things to say about almost anything, and yet how it ranks in my world view is rarely one of them.

picking their favorite things, how do people do this?

when there is no distinct reason that something is actually better, more effective at achieving something, then how can you determine it ranks higher then something else?
    I'm exactly like this. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I have strong preferences in a number of areas, and I'm not too insecure to admit which is my true favourite (lol), it's just that my preference is usually for 2, or 3, or 4 or 5 or 10 things rather than just one. Which one I pick depends on my mood. I do have a hard time making trivial choices as a result.

edit: I think maybe variety is just really, really important to me. More important than picking one favourite.
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't really have favorite colors or foods, either. I just choose which one I think is going to produce the best response in whatever I'm trying to achieve, or to put it another way, is the best tool...but I don't have a favorite color.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

@Mane

I'm similar. It's very difficult to answer "what's your favorite?" kinds of questions because several choices come out on top. I don't have one absolute favorite of anything. So if someone asks me about my favorites, I usually answer "I have alot of favorites" so I can't really pick one but right now I'm really into X, Y, and Z.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I once a long time ago had an IN or IS girlfriend, who pretty extremly developed my superstition. She was into those ghost boards were you move a stone and see a sentence in the end. Or astrology, sadly there was no mbti in that time, otherwise she would have been into that as well probably.

Since that time I have a favourite answer for every favourite question, but I am not constant in it, sometimes I forget my usual answer and say wrong things.

So bottom line, my favourites are not engraved in stone as well. On the contrary I like to keep an open-ended mind. I like to get to know different cultures and their respective foods for example and if I was to compare that everytime to some sort of favourites that wouldnt allow me to immaculately taste the new food.

I think for some people there are really favourites that make them feel good. Or when you are under a lot of work and personal stress, you more easily go with predefined decisions, some sort of favourites, so you can cope with stuff faster. But for the most people favourites are a way of identification. Following the dichotomy of idealism and materialism, I think the people who cling to the latter one, are very big on favourites and on showing off with them whenever they can.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP

Lol! So hard, video games are the only thing that I have a definite favorite on, which would be Tales Of Symphonia 2

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I think I've got about a half dozen favorites in most categories. I can't narrow it down more than that without emotional distress. I'll pick something random if I'm pressed into it.

I do have one Favorite Deputy, though. That doesn't seem to change.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I cant do it for many things either and I hate when people ask me those questions!

I'm glad I'm not alone.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I think it's just instinctual.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    yupp

my favorites change daily and secondly sometimes even.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so