User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Meh--better get this out of his system now before he's in his 30s and makes a real mess of things.
    lol
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

1.) I don't blame you for bawling her out. She had that coming.

2.) Next time you get in a job or relationship situation where another person is repeatedly and continually making you extremely angry, cut yourself some slack, give yourself a break, and get out before you lose it. Sue them if you want to and have grounds.

3.) Punching women, even horrible, evil women who deserve it, can get you put in jail and having it on your record might come back to bite you on the butt someday.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    3.) Punching women, even horrible, evil women who deserve it, can get you put in jail and having it on your record might come back to bite you on the butt someday.
    Yeah that part I'm not too proud of
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    INFJ

Everyone seems to agree- you were right to be offended and walk out- it's iffy to hit women. I agree too.

I also agree with Jennifer. It may be a good idea to write her. Or call her. Not so much to apologize or explain, but to feel her out and see if she has anything up her sleeve. It may also work in your favor to butter her up so you can use her as a reference.

In my experience, after conflict with unreasonable people who might resent you, you need to ascertain where you stand. She sounds like an unreasonable person.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

MBTI
    INTJ

I guess I'm more of a pacifist and might have handled it differently, but what's done is done, so lets talk about you : )

I'm not so sure you're upset about the yelling or cussing, but more about the burning of a bridge that has occured and how you are still having doubts at to whether that bridge still has potential in the future (there's nothing wrong with considering all of the ideas, just a matter of which one you are putting up as the most important for yourself). I won't lie and butter it up, every bridge has as much potential as you would like in it, I think you know this already, but it's more of a matter of time to be frank. You have so many people you care for and so many other possibilities to unlock that if you were to take all of them up you would just not have time to focus on all of them as much as you should, and none of them might end up coming to fruition if you take too many up. So as you know, it's about making the ones you have the best they can be, making those so fullfilling that you possible don't seek much else. So you need to ask yourself, because you are at this moment where an important decision has to be made, is the thread I have with this person the best way to help use my time for others and myself as well and is it something that I can't make with another person in the future? Is the effort you are going to have to put into it going to be greater than what you could gain in all aspects from simply moving on and trying your best to keep your eyes open to new possibilities that may arise and moving on with those? Because if you don't, not only may you miss out on even greater chances, but you will then be left wondering what could have been if you didn't continue what you may do now with this person.

One of the hardest parts is thinking that you're giving up, is it not? But you need to realize that you're not giving up. Giving up would be thinking that there is nothing you can do about it. But you know that if you try, whatever you set your mind on, you can do, and this is no exception. So the situation here isn't about giving up or not giving up, it's about being honest with yourself and with what you would like, and confronting those desires with an situation that has arisen. Taking advantage of a change in your life is not the same as taking advantage of a person, and the more you can distinctualize that, the more you will not ever have the chance of accidentally mixing those two up. But I think I digress : ) So to summarize, ask yourself what you want, how it fits in to other potentials you have at the moment, what you want in the future of course, and try to keep in some ideas brought up here : ) Also, remember, middleground does exist, just be careful not to get caught up in taking that to it's potential, but remember, it was meant to be a middleground, nothing more, nothing less