User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    1-on-1 chats? What do you mean, in private?
    Yes, it is a kinda hybrid of instant messaging and e-mail. You can chat to any number of people, asynchronously with whatever device you want. I don't do phone calls, e-mails or instant messaging any more.

Also, as mentioned, Facebook (or Google+) is an unique way to stay in touch with people you don't see no more. It would be totally impossible to communicate daily with 100 people, but with Facebook you can just skim through the flow of information effortlessly. I mean, you wouldn't send e-mail to one hundred people you know to tell you just had a funny encounter. But you can write that kind of stuff in Facebook, and people who find it interesting can react to it. Others will just skip it.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I find Facebook to be extremely intimidating to be honest.

I find Facebook to be extremely intimidating to be honest.
    How so? How does it compare to the forums here, in your understanding?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    How so? How does it compare to the forums here, in your understanding?
    I like that this is a discussion forum. It encourages thinking and is smaller and filled with introverts. I guess I am just comfortable here. It doesn't seem like a popularity contest either.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I like that this is a discussion forum. It encourages thinking and is smaller and filled with introverts. I guess I am just comfortable here. It doesn't seem like a popularity contest either.
    Who has been LYING TO YOU?!

Back on topic, facebook is something...i'd rather not bother with at all and I only bother with it because of my hobby and use it to organise games....although I much prefer the method of just turning up and seeing what people brought.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Society

its a good tool for letting people (who you don't like to communicate with) indulge in a sense of being included in your life (without actually informing them of anything - or throwing them off tracks if needed). much like an organ donation card, i like having it as long as i don't have to use it.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The site was invented by INTJ Mark Zuckerberg, and also the internet is an easier medium for introverts to communicate than in-person interaction, si I'm going to say Introverts like sites such as Facebook more (and don't forget, introverts are more common on TypoC than extraverts).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Twitter is worse. Why would people announce things in periods of minutes like..

"I'm goin' down the hallway"
    "I stopped"
    "Okay I'm turning left now.."

Yeah. Yea it's great isn't it?!
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Introverts or Extroverts?
    Awh, brilliant question.

certainly don't. Tried it and kept it for a couple of years... But I have since removed it.
    It's just a badly kept secret that it's a surveillance tool to spy on the population.
    I sort of believe that too but then I believe even if it isnt the authorities doing the spying its a tool for hackers and criminals and fosters a culture in which people volunteer information that would once have been treated with reserve and considered private, ie neither asked for nor shared with just anyone.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    The site was invented by INTJ Mark Zuckerberg, and also the internet is an easier medium for introverts to communicate than in-person interaction, si I'm going to say Introverts like sites such as Facebook more (and don't forget, introverts are more common on TypoC than extraverts).
    Yeah but for an introvert Zuckerman has not minded a lot of broadcasting of his private life in bios and films, some real indiscretion involved, its part of what I think motivates his pretty radical philosophy of total transparency and full disclosure, the repeated privacy fails on facebook I think reflect that too.