User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I believe that Intoverts and Extroverts use Facebook for different reasons and to provide for different needs. I'd believe Introverts prefer to have more 1-on-1 chats, while Extroverts prefer sharing their statuses more.
    1-on-1 chats? What do you mean, in private?

Permabanned

I kinda wanna get off it. On one hand its good to keep up with crap your friends maybe doing on the other its an extremely shallow social media network.Plus I think its important to actually care where your information is going.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    I only have facebook to keep in touch with friends overseas... if I had them on my phone I'd delete my account in a heartbeat.
    I have an email address, phone number or address of everyone I know in real life.
    That is how I keep in touch with them.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I kinda wanna get off it. On one hand its good to keep up with crap your friends maybe doing on the other its an extremely shallow social media network.
    It seems that way to me.
    Seems great if you want a lot of shallow relationships.

Plus I think its important to actually care where your information is going.
    What do you mean?

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I have an email address, phone number or address of everyone I know in real life.
    That is how I keep in touch with them.
    Let me quote myself again:

I only have facebook to keep in touch with friends overseas... if I had them on my phone I'd delete my account in a heartbeat.
    See, it's a little hard to get the home/email address or phone number of someone you've never met. I'd understand why, because of trust issues over the internet and such. Facebook just makes it easier for them to know I'm a real person, with a life and all.

But it's not like I check into every single place -- I turned off location services on my phone. The only way people find out my location is when other people tag me in pictures.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

That's another thing....

People with 800 FB friends probably don't even know 80 of them in real life.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    That's another thing....

People with 800 FB friends probably don't even know 80 of them in real life.
    That's why I only have 150 of them :P
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    xxTP

I use Facebook to keep in touch with people who are far away. As I moved countries, this is a lot of them. I am not good at writing long detailed emails or making long phonecalls, I am much better at one-line messages. So it works well for me.

I really do not use it much though, just if I had a good picture taken, or if I see something big about a friend or family member.

Also I have to use it for work because I'm an admin on a page we run.

I enjoy it. It is a fun medium for sharing stuff and a lot of family back home are on. I am not really a long conversation type so it suits me. Post a picture of whatever. Share.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I use it a ton but 95% of my time is spent messaging people. I don't share much on my page at all, and while I do keep up with the feed, I've hidden a ton of people from it so it's only non-annoying people now. It's also really useful for organizing events.
    -end of thread-

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I really like FB because I come off much better socially to have the extended time to respond. I use it differently than most people because I have actual conversations and express longer thoughts. If I quote a pic, I'll add a short paragraph of my own thoughts. My use is more internal, abstract, attempts to start discussions, and is a way to share my inner mind when irl I'm more reticent. It has gotten me very good results with many more people feeling connected to me when I see them. Even though there can be silly aspects to FB, I have come to really appreciate being connected to people when I struggle so much to make that happen face-to-face..
    This.

*Sincerely wonders what fia's usual status updates are like*