User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I was just asking this question because I know how much introverts love the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I can't speak for fellow introverts - but I refuse to ever have a Facebook.
    Same here. My friends are into it though and tell me all about it. I am certain that I would quickly become overwhelmed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I was just asking this question because I know how much introverts love the internet.
    I don't really consider stuff like facebook indicative of the "internet". I'm still oldschool, I guess. The internet started as a research hub. I still use it in that manner. I like sampling people's minds too in places like this (where there's wide representation, and interesting ways to trade ideas or argue). Facebook is not research oriented. It's social media. It reminds me of highschool (and maybe just popular culture in general).. rife with popularity contests, status, vanity, marketing, and vapid gibberish.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post

Same here. My friends are into it though and tell me all about it. I am certain that I would quickly become overwhelmed by it.

Yeah, I think it's that whole lack of boundaries with it. I mean, the second you even create an account, EVERYONE who you've emailed is notified you now have a Facebook, it's just like.. jesus christ.. I'll stick with gmail chat/skype/paper mail to keep ties with people.. not to mention all this weird 'Like' stuff is sensory overload. Just too much, from every direction- all with potential for aggravation/needless problems, etc. Expectations. Miscommunications. No thx.

I made one for my cat, just to try to keep better track of some local bands cuz I kept missing their shows.. but the whole platform felt so invasive.. I deleted it within 15min. My cat was chewing the laptop when I created his account, so I figure I was respecting his wishes..

*stops yammering about cats*
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't really consider stuff like facebook indicative of the "internet". I'm still oldschool, I guess. The internet started as a research hub. I still use it in that manner. I like sampling people's minds too in places like this (where there's wide representation, and interesting ways to trade ideas or argue). Facebook is not research oriented. It's social media. It reminds me of highschool (and maybe just popular culture in general).. rife with popularity contests, status, vanity, marketing, and vapid gibberish.
    Yeah I wonder if it'll lose it's popularity?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Yeah, I think it's that whole lack of boundaries with it. I mean, the second you even create an account, EVERYONE who you've emailed is notified you now have a Facebook, it's just like.. jesus christ.. I'll stick with gmail chat/skype/paper mail to keep ties with people.. not to mention all this weird 'Like' stuff is sensory overload. Just too much, from every direction- all with potential for aggravation/needless problems, etc. Expectations. Miscommunications. No thx.
    I don't get the "like" stuff either. Nor having 800 friends to have to "like" their stuff (phew... i'm tired even thinking about that).

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I really like FB because I come off much better socially to have the extended time to respond. I use it differently than most people because I have actual conversations and express longer thoughts. If I quote a pic, I'll add a short paragraph of my own thoughts. My use is more internal, abstract, attempts to start discussions, and is a way to share my inner mind when irl I'm more reticent. It has gotten me very good results with many more people feeling connected to me when I see them. Even though there can be silly aspects to FB, I have come to really appreciate being connected to people when I struggle so much to make that happen face-to-face.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Like.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Like.
    PLZ SHARE DIS TO HELP SAV THE LIFES OF STRAVING KIDS IN AFFRICA

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

It's funny how people who have never used Facebook hate it the most. They have absurd notion that the only thing going on there is spamming your mundane daily activities, or just showing off your achievements. There are some people like that on Facebook, but you don't have to friend/follow them. People there are the people you know in real life. If you find them annoying, then they are probably just as annoying in the real life too.

I believe that Intoverts and Extroverts use Facebook for different reasons and to provide for different needs. I'd believe Introverts prefer to have more 1-on-1 chats, while Extroverts prefer sharing their statuses more.

To me Facebook is the news source. My friends (and I) constantly share things of interest (related to games, technology, humor, local etc). Interesting news reach me a lot faster through Facebook than they do through news services. Also, Facebook helps me to understand people better when I see if we have mutual friends, shared activities or interests. I've made new friends because of this and found new hobbies like this. It kinda allows me to be social (hear what people are doing) without having to be Extrovert (talking to random people constantly).
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Idk, I joined facebook when it was at its very very start, and at the time it was almost only meant to be for keeping in touch with your old university friends (so much that you had to give an university e-mail address that had to be approved, before being able to join!). Then it degenerated...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I only have facebook to keep in touch with friends overseas... if I had them on my phone I'd delete my account in a heartbeat.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5