User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

If I were to die right now, I would at least be glad knowing that I tried to help ease the emotional pain of others, however minor or major that pain may have been for them.

However, I would regret two things:

1) Leaving behind the people who I care about
    2) Not surviving until the beginning of the spring semester (which is tomorrow)
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    yupp

on one hand relieved, i wouldn't have to try anymore

on the other hand no still relieved, but i'd miss the people i left behind that i liked.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I've got nothing in particular to be proud of, but I'd regret not having friends. Always going it alone. Never bonding, always wandering.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I would be proud that I have tried to be a loving and considerate person and to help other people be happy and fulfilled. I would be proud that I usually made my family proud and that I had a happy relationship with someone I love and who loves me. I would be proud that I brought people together to enjoy one another. I would be proud to have been a part of endeavors that work to make the world a better place, like conservation efforts and humanitarian volunteer work.

I would regret that I hadn't been more adamant in my daily life about finding a job that allows me to more directly help others and that I let myself stagnate in indecision, making myself miserable and making others feel stressed for me. I of course also regret having hurt people in the past. I would regret not having the chance to enter a career as a professional or having a family of my own, and I would regret leaving my partner and loved ones behind. I would regret not having done more for the environment and I would regret not having enjoyed nature with my boyfriend more.

I don't tend to see myself as more than a drop in the bucket but I tend to measure myself in terms of the difference I could be making, and am not for fear. I think I have done pretty well but would like to be doing more.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

I would be proud of my school and work accomplishments, and I would regret not having had a family of my own.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Would you have any regrets?
    Sort of. I've made plenty of mistakes and have spent way too much time regretting them. Still, I like to think they were learning experiences, so they were positive in that way.

Is there anything you would be proud that you did?
    I've made a lot of hard decisions, and I think I'm proud of every one of those, whether they turned out well or not. I'm proud of how well my daughter is doing, even on the bad days, and I know I'm part of both of these.

I'll understand if this thread gets no replies.
    You're such an INFJ.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Then I realized that they aren't very likely to visit my grave (cuz it's kind of pointless)
    I agree with this. I was having a conversation about this just a few days ago while driving past a cemetery. I've never gone to "visit" a dead person this way. It's weird to me that even people who believe in god/ghosts/anything like that would imagine their dead loved one would hang out in a place like that to wait for them to chat. I recognize that for some people, it feels good to talk to people who aren't really there, for their own benefit, but why in a cemetery?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ughh i'd regret so many things...things i haven't done yet...things i haven't seen my sweet babies do yet. i'd be sick with worry and sadness for my babies. for my family...all of my friends..i couldn't stand to make them hurt like that.

but yeah i'd be proud of the things i've done so far...the relationships i've been able to have. the family i created and came from. my work...the way i treated people.

but i need at least 50 more years please.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Giant View Post
    I agree with this. I was having a conversation about this just a few days ago while driving past a cemetery. I've never gone to "visit" a dead person this way. It's weird to me that even people who believe in god/ghosts/anything like that would imagine their dead loved one would hang out in a place like that to wait for them to chat. I recognize that for some people, it feels good to talk to people who aren't really there, for their own benefit, but why in a cemetery?
    I guess it can be like a physical touchstone, a "connecting" place. It's usually quiet and private there, so there is room to be alone and talk. And there is something about their essence there - the particles that used to be a part of them. I've spoken with the dead at cemeteries and with the urn containing my grandpa's ashes before. I guess it's mostly self-therapy but there's part of me that hopes maybe somehow they can get those messages I'm transmitting, that somehow they can know through whatever veil separates us, even if it's just time and nothing more supernatural, that I love them and am sending goodwill their way. And maybe somehow being as close as I can to where they are, at least in particulate form, could help. If nothing else at least it's a gesture of love into the void.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I have thought about where I want to be buried and for awhile I thought I'd want it to be in a place my kids considered home so that it would be convenient for them to visit.

Then I realized that they aren't very likely to visit my grave (cuz it's kind of pointless) so it might be better if there wasn't a grave for them to potentially feel guilty about not visiting. So maybe I could be scattered somewhere, but I couldn't decide where.

Then I thought it might be kind of cool to keep my ashes in a recycled pastic margarine dish that they could pass around. But then I pictured them being left in the back of the fridge and accidentally getting thrown instead of the moldy leftover spaghetti (because that's usually what happens to recycled margarine dishes at my house), which wouldn't be a big deal to me, but it might be to one or more of the kids.

Then I thought I should just probably stop thinking about it because this isn't going anyplace good and I probably shouldn't have been allowed to breed. But I still think I'd like to be put in a recycled margarine dish. Preferably a yellow one.
    That's quirky and cute. I like when people are funny about death. Like my grandma and her best friend who call each other each morning to "check to make sure the other isn't dead". It's morbid for sure but it makes me feel better that they've accepted the reality of it to the point where they can joke about it.

It's kind of you to be thinking of how your kids will feel about it, too. "Oh my god I threw away Mom" probably isn't the best feeling in the world.

I like this solution:

http://www.thespiritree.com/
    http://www.urnabios.com/
    http://www.treehugger.com/sustainabl...rom-ashes.html

So you have a little memory of you that lasts for a bit... and then it returns to the Earth again. I would just worry that the people left behind would feel bad if the tree didn't take root and grow!