User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

well, if we want to be literal dying *right now* would end me in some sort of after life with bigger perspective or nothing at all, so I would be analyzing it from a different point of view.

Let's just say I was to die in a few minutes and had a moment to think about it.
    I've considered death a lot in my life, possibly a bit more than necessary. I don't think of it in terms of "regret" or "pride" anymore. Likely I would be really scared about the switchover and try to anticipate what will happen next. I have acknowledged that I can't change the past, and I can die any moment... I can only forgive myself as often as possible and keep myself on a clean slate/ incorporate my experiences. I do have an idea that life intermingles with death- it's like, if I die now, I die in the state that I am in basically, with the understanding of life that I have now. In my last few minutes, I would hopefully try to gain as much perspective and forgiveness of myself as possible, like cramming my soul with peace almost... (given that i've trained myself properly) and, dying in that state and hoping that I interpreted everything correctly.

I think that religions try to send this message but they set blanket rules for you to follow to accomplish this state.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Dude, I think you might already be dead.

YOLO, bro, YOLO.
    Damn can't a bro vent? And I hate that phrase! But it applies so much to the grumps like me.

It's alright though, I got this.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Damn can't a bro vent? And I hate that phrase! But it applies so much to the grumps like me.

It's alright though, I got this.

Carry on with your YODO self.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

I'd have lost all cognition and signs of life. How would I be able to regret anything or even reflect on my life if I were dead in this current moment?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."-Roger Kint, The Usual Suspects
    "You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."- Tyler Durden, Fight Club
    ENTJ, LIE-Ni, 9w8-6w5-3w2

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I would regret a couple of things. One, which cafe already mentioned, that I'd be leaving my family and my husband and children would be grieving me at too young an age. Losing a parent at a young age... I just can't even imagine the pain. I'd be in enormous pain if I lost my mom (or my dad, but I'm the mom) even now. And life would be logistically harder for them without me around to run the family machine. (Not that my husband wouldn't be capable of doing that, but it would be a lot of new things he's accustomed to letting me take care of that would suddenly need doing, by him, and he'd also be mourning at the same time.)

In the realm of personal stuff that is just about me and not about my impact on others, I would also regret not traveling more than I have. That's about it, though. I'm pretty happy with my life.

I'd be proud that I conducted myself with honor and helped teach two small humans that doing that is important. I started to say I'd be proud of them, but they are who they are because that's who they are, not because I made them that way. I can't take credit for that, but I think I have taught them how to live a principled life.

Edit: LOL at you guys who are all "well I couldn't regret or be proud of anything, I'd be dead!" Duh. But you're not dead now so you can speculate.

Not today.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I'd be ok with it.

There's not been much compelling enough about life to stick it out another 50+ years. I think I've got the point.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram

Would you have any regrets?

Yes as everyone does.

Is there anything you would be proud that you did?

Yes, I think I've done some good things. Helped people. Done things I liked.

WhoCares

I would feel a mix of both relief and disappointment. Disappointment that my life ultimately came to nothing when I was so sure ti would come to something. And relief that atleast it didnt get any worse than it was.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I was just thinking a few days ago about making this exact thread. (will return)
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]