User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Infinite Bubble

You can neither regret nor be proud when dead. So no to each. Neither matters.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

why bother regretting? I've done a lot of shit and some good things as well... I've been human... no use in regretting that.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I would likely regret the loss of my life...

I haven't done anything to be particularly proud of, but I wouldn't regret the absence of some shining achievement. So far, I have lived my life more or less how I've desired, and that's all that matters to me.

Yeah. There's nothing meaningful. I haven't impacted anyone. No one has impacted me. Achievements are hollow to me. Loved ones? I feel a detachment and disconnect to my family. I respect and love them, but I deep down it feels hollow. Perhaps respect, no, love, is coming from an inauthentic place. Is it coming from obligation? Or maybe guilt? No. I don't know. I look at the space I occupy in life and feel stuck. I look at these familiar faces and am reminded of failure. I want, but yet it feels pointless in the end. You can only fuck, munch on goodies, have meaningless conversations, get zombified by television, and lost in dreams for so long. Looking back on my death bed, I've lived a life unfulfilled. This cancer known as resentment eats away at me. I've been looking for an answer, but perhaps that's my problem, analysis paralysis that gives an illusion of the answer, but only strengthens inhibition. I just have to do it. Immerse myself in the world and in experiences. Perhaps then I can finally be present and not be engulfed by feelings of frustration and lack.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'd regret leaving my family because they love and, to some degree, need me. I'd regret that my husband didn't take out a larger life insurance policy on me.

I'm proud of the family I've helped make.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

I'm not ready to die, I'm still excited to see what life has to offer, still feel there's a lot for me to get out of it. So I would be disappointed to die so young. At the same time, I don't feel like I've wasted my life, don't feel like I've made any horrible mistakes that I didn't learn from. I am happy with the relationships I have with the people in my life, proud enough of where I am at this point in time.

But yeah, I still would like to live many more years!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I would be happy for the creative works I have made that moved at least someone, and for the times I helped ease someone's pain.

I would regret the times I didn't do the above. I would regret relationships with people that I wanted to be more substantial, and for not being able to communicate how much I admired and cared for them. I would also regret the times I didn't stop the car to try to pick up a dog that looked like a stray running alongside the road.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Would you have any regrets?

Is there anything you would be proud that you did?

I'll understand if this thread gets no replies.

I couldn't have any regrets once I was dead because I would no longer be conscious.

If I knew I was going to die really soon, I would have plenty of regrets. I didn't try everything I wanted to try. I didn't read all the great works of literature I wanted to read. I didn't accomplish enough meaningful things. I didn't make the impact on society I wanted to.

I would be proud that I made my family happy. I would be proud of the interesting things I learned and the interesting experiences I had, however few they may be.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISTP

Where I to die today I would not regret any circumstance, because my heart did not yet failed to set a course for the solution.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    No, and no. I'm OK with being a mediocre peasant, not given to excessive ambition or mythologizing my life or what life means in general. In the realm of peasants, I'm relatively well off and comfortable...

Depart from my sight, peasant.