INFP

Probably France.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    There is a rumour that French people are extremely proud.

It could be that.

Actually there is more to it that crosses my mind.

However to elaborately point those, I would have to spend atleast 5 minutes inside my head which I'm too bored to do right now.

Edit -

Going back to the story of pride, I have a hunch though, going by the stories that they are more nationalistic than ethnicity proud.
    Define what you mean by "pride".

When I open my windows, I see Notre Dame and the nearby île de la cité. And Mona Lisa is only two minutes away by walk. Jazz clubs are everywhere along the pedestrian streets.

Everywhere around me, there is so much beauty I could spend hours just staring at the buildings, at the squares, at the palaces, at the old churches, at the river Seine, at the quartier latin. 17 million foreigners come to visit the arrondissement where I live every year, and hundreds million more dream to see it, at least once in their life.

I simply ask you where you could find a similar urban environment, at least in quality. Venezia, Roma maybe?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    See below!

Everywhere around me, there is so much beauty I could spend hours just staring at the buildings, at the squares, at the palaces, at the old churches, at the river Seine, at the quartier latin. 17 million foreigners come to visit the arrondissement where I live every year, and hundreds million more dream to see it, at least once in their life.

I simply ask you where you could find a similar urban environment, at least in quality. Venezia, Roma maybe?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

For me, it's not pride, it's just being sadly realistic.

It's exactly the same exhilarating feeling when I was living in a penthouse on the 5th avenue in Manhattan.

Should I be blind to my surroundings just because I was lucky enough to live there? Why?

You know, I've also lived several years in Africa and worked in several large slums. Do you really want to make a comparison?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ESTP

I guess Japan would win by default since I can actually read the packages of a lot of Japanese candies that I see in stores these days and anime titles in links and stuff

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Venezia is a bit dead - meaning that it lives mostly through tourists, Roma yeah it could be perhaps similar. Barcelona is also culturally vibrant and beautiful. Wien has charm and culture, but it's austrian after all...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Riva

When I open my windows, I see Notre Dame and the nearby île de la cité. And Mona Lisa is only two minutes away by walk. Jazz clubs are everywhere along the pedestrian streets.

Fine add France to my list. My friends who have been there say it's a rather nice place.

I forgot to add Vienna to my initial list.

Austria and Prague are the most beautiful countries I have ever been to.

I don't have any friends living in Prague to comment about the living conditions and people. So I can't really say whether I would love to live there. However my friends who live in Austria love Austria more than Austrians do. So Austria goes to my list. And add a few more northern European countries to my list along with Italy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Venezia is a bit dead - meaning that it lives mostly through tourists, Roma yeah it could be perhaps similar. Barcelona is also culturally vibrant and beautiful. Wien has charm and culture, but it's austrian after all...
    Like you said Wien is Austrian before all... and that means an awfully boring, rather "monoethnic", monocultural and monotonous provincial place. And despite what has been suggested, the historic and architectural complex of Vienna can not be compared, even for a second, with what you can find in cities like Paris, Roma, Prague or Amsterdam. Scandinavian countries are unfortunately rather similar. Nationalistic to the extreme, culturally homogenous, cold and quite boring. While Copenhague enjoys some kind of multicultural dynamic (but on a far lower scale than what you would witness in a true alpha metropolis), nothing ever happens in places like Stockholm, Oslo or Wien. It's dull, bland, clean and cozy... but that's all that can be said. It's not really possible to compare the cultural offer in a 10 millions inhabitants metropolis and smaller cities like this. For instance, comparing London and Wien is like comparing the city life of NYC and Cleveland (not that I have anything against Clevelanders, though).

Thus I would rather hang myself first before considering moving there. Only conservative hobbits would enjoy this kind of life.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Germany/Norway/Sweden/Britain/Canada
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Germany/Norway/Sweden/Britain/Canada
    Another conservative hobbit. Typo-c seems to be full of them nowadays...

I'd better cut my veins a thousand times than having the priviledge of enduring twenty depressing British or Scandinavian winters in a row...

7w8 SCUxI