User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Memes

Infinite Bubble

Default Memes

Today was cataclysmically dull and I ended up spending most of the day looking at seemingly every meme that has been vomited out of the salivary dribbling mess that is the internets gaping jaws. So I have a couple of questions about them:

1) What types enjoy/make them the most? I think it's mostly Ne humour, so NTPs, but I'm not sure.

2) Do you like memes, and if so which ones are your favourites? If not, why?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

1) What types enjoy/make them the most? I think it's mostly Ne humour, so NTPs, but I'm not sure.

1) I'd say NPs probably make them the most. It's brief and to the point, they get really silly, and who the hell comes up with socially awkward penguin?

2) GOD I LOVE MEMES SO MUCH. I think they're hilarious and it's gotten to the point where they've infiltrated my everyday speech. I just regurgitate memes in real life, and it's a problem.

My favorites are Courage Wolf, Paranoid Parrot, Socially Awkward Penguin, Ten Guy, Politically Incorrect Redneck, Scumbag Steve, and Sudden Clarity Clarence. Oh, and Joseph Ducreux is the shit. And Bad Luck Brian. That one's hilarious, too.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

2009 is the year the internet became mainstream and "memes" became popular. It's been downhill since then. This thread is kinda lame. Just saying.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    1) What types enjoy/make them the most?
    The ones with too much time on their hands.

I liked the older demotivators/parody motivational posters that were made before the generators existed and then everyone started making posters that aren't really demotivational/satirical and, most importantly, not very funny. It seems that these automatic generators attracted most of the people who just make the posters just because they can.

Some memes can be funny, but again, the funny ones are diamonds in the rough. Most people are too untalented to make good ones, although it doesn't take a lot of talent to make them in the first place...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Probably NTPs, I agree.

I think the idea is great, but nothing that's overused remains cool. When people can only make a joke using Derp, Derpina and trollface it gets boring quickly.

That said, I still find some of them cool. We got a badass over here, third world success, 'dat ass.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    2009 is the year the internet became mainstream and "memes" became popular. It's been downhill since then.
    pretty much.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Probably NTPs, I agree.

I think the idea is great, but nothing that's overused remains cool. When people can only make a joke using Derp, Derpina and trollface it gets boring quickly.

That said, I still find some of them cool. We got a badass over here, third world success, 'dat ass.
    Actually, I can't stop laughing whenever I see a trollface, especially Troll Dad. It doesn't matter how unfunny the meme is, it just looks hilarious.

I've also considered making a meme out of one of my wonderful photos...or at least allowing others to do so...but which photo(s) should I use? Sounds like a white people problem.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Actually, I can't stop laughing whenever I see a trollface, especially Troll Dad. It doesn't matter how unfunny the meme is, it just looks hilarious.

I've also considered making a meme out of one of my wonderful photos...or at least allowing others to do so...but which photo(s) should I use? Sounds like a white people problem.
    This photo (second one). Put it on a dating website, make the profile seem genuine, and try to get the right people to see it. Can't guarantee that the result will be flattering, but who knows. The overly attached gf was actually a very gorgeous woman when she was not making faces.

Perhaps you'd be able to become the equivalent male version. Many women would be curious to meet the man behind the meme.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

This photo (second one). Put it on a dating website, make the profile seem genuine, and try to get the right people to see it. Can't guarantee that the result will be flattering, but who knows. The overly attached gf was actually a very gorgeous woman when she was not making faces.

Perhaps you'd be able to become the equivalent male version. Many women would be curious to meet the man behind the meme.
    A teaser of what could be to come.

I don't know if I want this to be the image that makes me famous though.

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    it's gotten to the point where they've infiltrated my everyday speech. I just regurgitate memes in real life, and it's a problem.
    I have done that also on occasion. Unfortunately they either do not get the reference, or do and think I need to get a life. Either way, I end up looking a fool.

Yeah. When it's originally done, it's usually creative and funny, but then all that other people can do is make countless inferior copies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    A teaser of what could be to come.

I don't know if I want this to be the image that makes me famous though.
    I can't access it, but if it's a picture of you, don't do it... well I wouldn't. I would go insane if my face with a silly expression became a famous meme. I don't know how some of them live it down.