User Tag List

123 Last

Default How would FP parents feel about this?

How would mid aged PF parents react to an idea that their TJ son wants to control them.
    Personaly I think that I am not total faschist but this people are unable to take care for themselfs.
    All deadlines are totaly relative to them and I am paying bills when they forget.
    They want to give me one shelf as a gift but I am waiting that shelf for 7 years now.
    Also I want that all members of the family have some normal weight so I plan dractic changes in feeding habits.I will try to ban smoking as well and plan to change many small things.
    The entire list is long but I think everybody grasp my plan.

For years I am waiting some changes but it looks like nothing will happen and I think that I have been patient long enough. Not to mention that I have many problems in life because of this but they have even larger ones.

So would FPs have problem whit this if they know that they cannot organize themselfs.

Just to be clear I will insist in my ideas a lot any way. I just want to know how big resistance I can expect in this. My idea is that it should not be to hard because they know that I am right about this. But still I would like second opinion.
    And I will not be too direct because entire plan would fail in that case.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You'll probably be blown off.

MBTI
    FiSi

I'm not a parent to anyone nor middle-aged, but I become totally furious if anyone even attempts to control me. It's one of the things that cause the infamous INFP "rash explosions of bad temper".

If you wait that they would change into Js, you can very well go on and wait forever. I'm quite sure that won't happen.

I suggest that you just leave them alone. It's not your problem. I know that the extreme flexibility and relaxed attitude of Ps drive Js crazy (because my parents are SJs) (and Js also tend to drive Ps crazy), but I doubt anyone can really do anything about that. My parents have actively tried to turn me into an organized person for whole 17 years, but nothing has happened.

Remember that at least NFPs are (very) independent and dislike it when others try to control them. They also have an excellent iNtuition regarding other people and I wouldn't be surprised if they would notice your stealthy attempts.

I know I can't organize myself. It's definitely NOT a problem to me. It seems to be a far bigger problem to the Js I know.

Do they WANT your help?

I could see it working if you offered to help and they took you up on the offer. That way it's not like you are just taking over.

I'm not clear on the family situation. Are you an adult living in the same home as your parents or are you a teen who hasn't moved out yet? I think it makes a difference.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    How would mid aged PF parents react to an idea that their TJ son wants to control them.
    I'd likely have a hearty laugh, then seek to have you committed to an institution.

cheers,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Do they WANT your help?

I could see it working if you offered to help and they took you up on the offer. That way it's not like you are just taking over.

I'm not clear on the family situation. Are you an adult living in the same home as your parents or are you a teen who hasn't moved out yet? I think it makes a difference.
    Sitation is very good if you don't look in this direction.

It looks to me that they actually want help.There are some subtile signs.

I am adult who will never come out because house is big and I study only 300 meters from my home so there is no point in doing that.

MBTI
    FiSi

It looks to me that they actually want help.There are some subtile signs.
    My iNtuition doubts. It doubts strongly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Been there. Done that. Please don't waste your time (or theirs).
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

I don't want to control them, just bring them back at their feet and leave them like that.
    Nothing too extreme. But that means 3 months of hard work and for them.

MBTI
    FiSi

I don't want to control them just bring them back at their feet and leave them like that.
    Nothing too extreme.
    1) Ps have never been on their feet.
    2) They will immediately fall back down when you stop (if you ever manage to begin).

Ps don't enjoy order. I find order, rules and regulations extremely suffocating.