User Tag List

123 Last

Riva

Default Reading the type results for the first time.

Your MBTI and enneatype types.

What went through your mind / feel?

This is of course by assuming you were reading the correct type description.

Riva

I felt thrilled.

To be a bit more specific I felt pleased. Not very often people manage to read me correctly let alone let it be known to me. So reading the personality description for the first time; I felt pleased which turned in to a thrill.

I was so pleased, I felt somewhat proud even while reading the negative traits.

'Someone finally got it right I told myself.'

The magic has left. However from time to time I go back and read some of the descriptions and I cannot help myself from re-living a bit of 'that' delight.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Relief.

I wasn't gorram crazy and from another planet. Others like me existed. And even better, they actually were appreciated for their positive traits as well.

...I was actively fighting depression at the time though.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Great topic.

I was uncertain as to the accuracy of the exam, as it was self-administered. Lacked intellectual confidence in my results for a number of years, fluctuating between INTP and INTJ until I read the division between Cognitive Functions and tried to capture examples as they arose. Eventually realized INTJ was the closest to correct available.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Relief.

I wasn't gorram crazy and from another planet. Others like me existed. And even better, they actually were appreciated for their positive traits as well.

...I was actively fighting depression at the time though.
    So it helped you fight it? Relief is a good word then I guess. More than adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Great topic.

I was uncertain as to the accuracy of the exam, as it was self-administered. Lacked intellectual confidence in my results for a number of years, fluctuating between INTP and INTJ until I read the division between Cognitive Functions and tried to capture examples as they arose. Eventually realized INTJ was the closest to correct available.
    Thank you.

You took your time for an INTJ.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    So it helped you fight it? Relief is a good word then I guess. More than adequate.
    Yes. In fact, that with then finding this forum to address the nitty gritty details of that profile I found is what dragged me out of it, for the most part. I still have certain issues I need to resolve, so MBTI isnt the cure all, for sure (and enneagram and socionics stacked in that respective), but it was a revelation at the time as I was terrified of being..well, me. Like, I needed validation that it was ok to actually *be* this way, at the time. I needed it to make sense as to why it was ok to be this way and how it affected the world around me. It gave me a bunch of parameters to work with, tinker with. A skeleton really, to build and improve upon and sort knowledge into their right boxes with.

A rudder, if you will.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Interesting thread idea, @Riva.

First time I read a type description for myself was when my middle school administered an MBTI test. I tested as an ENTP. It was very exciting. I loved the blend of creativity and intellect reflected in the description. I didn't start testing as an ENTJ until I had been in college for a few years, and still consider it something of a "learned" type. It didn't bring me the same joy as the ENTP description. Seemed like a lot to live up to, and in a lot of ways was reflective of a sort of lost innocence on my part. It was no longer enough for me to simply revel in the myriad possibilities. Somewhere I lost that sense of wonderment and felt compelled to have something concrete and in hand. Things had to be prioritized and regimented. There was no room in the real world for cotton candy corrals for pink elephants.

The compromise I made with myself that has allowed me to come to grips with being an ENTJ is a small dream that someday I'll create a sort of protected space for creative types. Somewhere where they can dream and get the resouces to make those dreams a reality, if they so choose. It's admittedly a bit of a pipe dream in its own right, but it acknowledges who I am and honors what I used to be. There's a great deal of peace in that.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

garbage

My first impression was that it fit pretty well.

But apparently it pegged me as the wrong type anyway, and so I was not reading the 'correct' description.

This has implications.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post

You took your time for an INTJ.
    Yes, I wanted to be sure before I made any definitive conclusions. Confirmation bias can make for a terrible waste of intellectual effort.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Eerily accurate. It was surprising to me that the population actually has varying percentages of each type in it that are fairly predictable.