User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I said - Yeah, that makes sense.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Rogue heart

[QUOTE]Your MBTI and enneatype types.
    Relief.

I wasn't gorram crazy and from another planet. Others like me existed. And even better, they actually were appreciated for their positive traits as well.
    This. But also I wished I was another type at first.
    When I discovered my mbti type I had a similar reaction.
    With time I started to really like my ennneagram and my mbti type, so my attitude towards them now resembles more Rasofy attitude towards his/her types:
    Mbti has made me realize that focusing on my strengths is smarter than trying to fit in.

Enneagram has made me more aware of my needs, fears, and coping mechanisms.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

When I first took the MBTI, I was given a result - INTJ - but nothing more, and couldn't be bothered to look into what it meant. Years later I took it again (official test, at work). This time we were given plenty of background information. I was blown away by how accurate the presented description seemed - "shivers down my spine", just like SuchIrony. None of the other descriptions came close.

Moreover, this time my curiosity was piqued, and I read everything I could come by on the theory, starting at the beginning, with Gifts Differing. I have always been able to see tiny bits of myself in every description, but INTJ is the only one where everything fits, strengths and weaknesses. I am especially comfortable with the weaknesses because I recognize them as my own - these are the mistakes I really do make. The positive aspects can sometimes seem overinflated, but then I just think of them as something to live up to.

It is not correct to say that understanding my type gave me permission to be me. I never needed that, and was always (sometimes painfully) aware that I had little other choice in life. It has always been hard for me to try to be something I am not. Understanding type seems rather to have helped me relax into being my natural self, by providing the context of where I fit in with everyone else around me, if that makes any sense.

I can't say as much about ennegram since I know less about it. I am reasonably certain I am 5w6 sp/sx, but that just doesn't resonate with me the same way as my MB type.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

First tested as INTJ and still do depending on what test I take but INTP seems closer to the mark.

I think the same thing that I do now. It fits and it doesn't fit. I've given up on trying to make sense of it or get an exact match.

The enneagram descriptions are much more on target.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

What Amargith wrote, mostly. I was stunned it was a “type” because I really just thought there were a bunch of things wrong with me and I’d spent the first many years of adulthood wondering why I couldn’t just do things like most people. Or maybe more specifically I wondered why I couldn’t have the same priorities- I couldn’t make the stuff that was *supposed* to be important to me actually feel important to me, and it really did feel like there was something wrong with me. So it was an incredible relief to find out it was a ‘type’ (since it was a ‘type’ there must be happy functional versions out there, therefore it was possible for me to find that).

It was Thomson’s description that did that for me, especially the negative parts. It was uncanny accurate. I’ve always tested on the border of T/F, even on the ‘official’ mbti test- but Thomson’s INFJ description threw me in the F camp without question.

The e5 discovery was very much the same, and probably even more helpful to learn about (in the way of direct self improvement).

So yeah, both mbti and enneagram were very much “so this is what it feels like when doves cry” moments. But none of the other personality types floating around these parts have done that for me.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

My first MBTI test? Freshman year of high school, we took it this one class for study skills or something (waste of a class really).

It worked in a semi-convoluted way, but Fe aux didn't really make sense to me at all despite Ti being somewhat relatable. As for enneagram, I have come to the conclusion that every test will type me as a 5w6 based largely upon superficial behaviors. 5w6 I am not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."-Roger Kint, The Usual Suspects
    "You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."- Tyler Durden, Fight Club
    ENTJ, LIE-Ni, 9w8-6w5-3w2

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I thought the INTP description fit me very well and I was like, THIS IS ME. In retrospect I think what they were truly describing is enneagram 5, not the INTP. I always get 5 on enneagram tests. As a sexual subtype with a 4 wing I find that unless I get a description that is specifically meant to describe 5w4, I don't tend to always relate as whole that much. I relate more than I do other types, but I don't quite feel THIS IS ME either. However, both explained some traits that made it easier to accept myself (pathological detachment). Now, the real gut hit was when I read Naranjo's 5. I wasn't relieved, I was in a state of shock and denial with a tint of sadness because I realized how true it was. It was simply sad that I am so broken in this way as a person.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Enneagram
    9w8

I was skeptical, so I started looking for someone who knew more about it than I did.

I said, "I wonder if there's really anything to this. If there is, I'll find out." I've been digging ever since.

On a side note: I do believe there is something to it. I don't believe that it's cut and dry, because there are so many variables that go into each human's make-up, but so far, I've come to think that cognitive functions are a framework or a skeleton, of sorts, providing a bare bones of a person's personality, but by no means, defining that person. It's kind of equivilent to body-shapes in the physical realm. In that way, two people may have very similar cognitive functions, yet appear very differently. For example, I have a brother, a sister and a close friend who are all ESTPs, yet in any situation, they would each react differently to some degree because they each have a different set of values.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Enneatype was spot-on; I was astounded and relieved that there are [many] others out there like me, and who have similar struggles with themselves.

I first tested as an INTP. I felt like a lot of it made sense, and I think that I wanted to believe it was true of me, for whatever reason. I was depressed and my self-esteem was in the toilet, and some part of me felt like I had this new get-out-of-jail-free card to disregard social obligations. Awful, misguided understanding and application, I know. Once I had begun to get my shit together--physically, emotionally, psychologically, financially, etc.--I saw another opportunity to take a look at myself, this time, with more compassion, more honesty, and no other motivation but to simply figure myself out. Functionally, Ti-Fe, and Si-Ne do make the most sense for me--come to find, in a different order, however. Reading the ISFJ descriptions now, I can see more of myself in them, but it still doesn't feel totally right (as, it could be argued, it shouldn't).

Overall, I think I am content in my ISFJ 9w1ness.

Riva

This thread deserves more replies than this.

So here we go.....

Bump!