User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Mostly I just archive everything (gmail) once I've dealt with it. I like a nice, clean inbox.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I feed my professional email into my gmail, and then archive everything so I have a neat & clean inbox. I don't tag anything except really crucial stuff I might otherwise forget about, because the search function has never let me down when I have reason to go looking for something.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I used to archive, but I found myself constantly getting behind on archiving. So instead, I set the inbox to show unread first, so if something is pending/needs to be dealt with or replied to, I just keep it as new. So I've got a short list of unread messages right at the top of the inbox at all times. Once things are read, they disappear to the vastness of the read inbox below It's a system that takes care of itself and doesn't need any tending beyond what I would be doing with emails anyway.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I delete almost everything... I only keep necessary things like receipts (pretty much I only keep receipts)... my e-mail comes to my phone, so I automatically check it and then delete everything
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I used to archive, but I found myself constantly getting behind on archiving. So instead, I set the inbox to show unread first, so if something is pending/needs to be dealt with or replied to, I just keep it as new. So I've got a short list of unread messages right at the top of the inbox at all times. Once things are read, they disappear to the vastness of the read inbox below It's a system that takes care of itself and doesn't need any tending beyond what I would be doing with emails anyway.
    I sort of do the same thing, now that you mention it. Just a different process.

My process:
    • star important things to go into the "Starred" partition at the top, separate from the rest of my inbox
    • change my sending features to "Send & archive" so conversations disappear unless someone replies (but are easily retrievable by going to "All mail" or "sent mail")
    • "select all" and archive my inbox contents if I'm getting behind on cleanup

I do "select all" to archive when I get behind, but usually I can keep up by the "star important emails to direct to starred partition of inbox"/ "send & archive" / "select & archive" methods. I zero my inbox quite regularly. Right now I've got 29 in there but two days ago it was fully zeroed (with 4 "starred" tasks--I don't count the "starred" partition as part of my inbox).
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Gets lost every time I compile a new Linux, which is every two weeks almost
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Pushbeat View Post
    Hmm, my pc crashed, due to Outlook. Looks like I lose all off my mail (again).

Do you keep all your email, delete all after some time or keep some older messages?
    Just wondering if this is a MBTI thing, it may be Ne.
    I use gmail, and never download any of it. This is not a decision I need to make...and it doesn't look like Google deletes my mail off their servers. Frankly, if they started deleting really old stuff that didn't have attachments and were not marked as important, I wouldn't be terribly upset either.

I am thinking about using only online repositories for all my data as well. At some point, having local storage of any kind is going to feel redundant for me (except for applications that necessarily need local data).

I almost don't care about my privacy. I suppose I should, but somehow, I am not wired that way.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The only things I delete are failed Youtube videos, but at least a lot of the others prove to be a triumphal success.

I'm too lazy to delete my email.
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I file and/or delete as I read them.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.