User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    ... Do you ever keep it when you awaken? As in, the mood or atmosphere from a dream remaining for a while after awakening, so it is almost as if you are still in it. I get this a lot, especially if the weather is similar than it was in the dream. It makes for quite a surreal experience. It's enjoyable, as long as the dream was pleasant.
    Its only happened to me once or twice that I've had emotional dreams like that or dreams which are primarily emotional. Most of the time in those instances waking is a big, big relief.

I remember experiencing pure hatred in a dream once, it was not accompanied by any wish fufilment or its satisfaction so when I felt consumed with rage which had come on me in my sleep, the subject of it all was vague but it was a magnification of what I dislike in my waking hours, but when I awoke I was like, wow, and it dissipated and that was great.

On one or two occasions I've felt guilt or despair and its such a relief to wake from that and shake it off, those are strange, strange dreams, the equivalent of the "naked in public" dream I guess, there's shame tagged on to the oddest things and its not proportional, one time it was about shop lifting and I was actually "living" someone else who I knew who did that when they are younger, their life, their behaviour, if that makes sense, I've never done anything like that. Not even abscent mindedly.

Twice I had terrifying dreams, one of which was about killing someone and was so, so, so vivid that I believed for a while afterwards that I had actually killed someone, disposed of their remains, did so in such a way as they would never ever be discovered and could only partly or vaguely remember were. Although I'd seen the Stephen King movie secret window, another movie called The Last Supper and a popular soap had featured a storyline of an accidental murder along Poe like "tell tale heart" lines. The Darren Brown show in which he convinces some guy that he has killed someone totally resonated with me and I wondered if people up and down the country making the same sorts of combinations in external messages and autosuggestion were having similar experiences to me.

Occasionally I'll have "dreams" which are devoid of intellect and are exclusively feelings, either good or bad, those I kind of think of as heaven or hell states although they are short in comparison with eternity you know.

Yes, and I cry a lot in my sleep. It's been a habit since I was around 7 years old.
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i have dreams about winning the lottery or people giving me money, and i'll think they're real for a minute after i wake up and am very upset when i realize it didn't happen.

this other time i dreamed about my boyfriend inviting his ex to go on a road trip with us and i was probably mad at him the whole next day even though he didn't really do anything.
    Reminds me of a great story. Flushed my pants down the toilet while sleepwalking. Afterwards denied anything ever happened despite being remotely conscious.

The mind is a powerful thing, Chana.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthiness View Post
    Reminds me of a great story. Flushed my pants down the toilet while sleepwalking. Afterwards denied anything ever happened despite being remotely conscious.

The mind is a powerful thing, Chana.
    hiding the evidence?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    hiding the evidence?
    Negative

Rush hour traffic depiction of the pain associated with a urinary tract infection. Oil on canvas. Spot the metaphors, Chana.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthiness View Post
    Negative

Rush hour traffic depiction of the pain associated with a urinary tract infection. Oil on canvas. Spot the metaphors, Chana.
    try cranberry juice next time!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I dreamt we gathered to commemorate the death of Dr. Victor in downtown Los Angeles last night. Hand in hand, we remembered Dr. Victor as he was, deep down in the cold, cold ground.

thoughts and prayers, etc.

thinking of you

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm often the only human in my dreams. Lost and alone, never really scared or concerned about it though. Its just a sort of lonely weighty feeling.

MBTI
    ESTP

Here lately, I've had dreams with villains or stuff that's not supposed to exist coming out of the screen and being after me, I always manage to overpower whatever it is in the particular dream, even dreams that are a little more realistic, the circumstances start to fade away as soon as I realize something isn't real, or escaping stuff like sinking into mud and miraculously having nothing on me get ruined by it, the message was clear that I needed to focus on tasks that were already at hand and not back down just because there wasn't a foreseeable outcome (most of the time I had waken up before finishing the dream)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

When I wake up my mood is usually disappointment.