User Tag List

First 123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

The Iron Giant

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

For those familiar with the series, the episode with coach McGuirk's boobs
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

garbage

TMNT (2012) 110: Panic in the Sewers, wherein shit gets real

South Park 212: Clubhouses, wherein.. I dunno, it's the best episode

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Wonder Showzen had some great cartoon clips in it

Sorry for low quality, probably and anti-pirate thing

And of course one must never forget The Ambiguously Gay Duo

http://www.hulu.com/watch/281937

Recently I have become a fan of Archer as well:

For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I am partial to that cartoon because air bending is based on bagauzhang and that's what I practice

[bagua, not air bending. I can't ride a ball of air. Wish I could but I can't.]
    Oh. D:

All joking aside, it really is a brilliant series. I think more people should give this a chance instead of dismissing it as a silly kid's show (it starts a bit slowly though). The amount of depth, detail, and effort put into the show is simply amazing.

@Il Morto Che Parla - Ah! I love me some classic cartoons! How about these?

Tom and Jerry

The Pink Panther

Enneagram
    9w8

All joking aside, it really is a brilliant series. I think more people should give this a chance instead of dismissing it as a silly kid's show (it starts a bit slowly though). The amount of depth, detail, and effort put into the show is simply amazing.
    Totally agree. I think it's a great cartoon. I love how they base each "benders" abilities on different types of martial arts. It actually took some research to do this cartoon. saw that someone mentioned Thundercats. I had forgotten all about Thundercats.

Also, I've got some older DVDs of an Xmen series that came on Fox Network at some point...maybe in the 90s? The art is really realistic and the storylines are pretty good, too. I am a comic book person...sort of. I have some favorites but I'm not absorbed in who did what in which # of comics. I just like the story lines and characters. It may have something to do with being a writer and comic/cartoon art is some of my favorite art ever...um, so it's only natural that I would like cartoons.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14