First 234

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The only time I've ever had the fortune to have access to a bidet was when we rented a fancy cabin for our 10th anniversary, and it had a bidet attachment on the master toilet. It was awesome. I don't know why it's not standard here, except that I can only imagine the huge fucking mess people would make if there were bidets on public toilets. I don't think I'd trust a public bidet but I'd totally get one on my private throne, no prob. For now, though, it's all about the wet naps.
    Yeah, well, in Italy bidets are standard in private houses but there is none in public bathrooms, so I don't think there's much need for that extension...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    I thought that bidets was for washing your feet until I was 17 years of age.
    Which makes sense given how often people talk about kicking someone in the ass.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, well, in Italy bidets are standard in private houses but there is none in public bathrooms, so I don't think there's much need for that extension...
    Good to know.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

how can you even compare. there's no matching for the powers of the bidet. first toilet paper, then wash that ass!

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    You can see it's rare enough here that we don't even know how to use one, or what one looks like. Though I suppose you're not smiling about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Following on from the bath/shower thread.

Here in Britain, it's very hard to find a bidet. I miss them greatly. I can't believe a first world country, and everyone still relies on the barbaric method of toilet paper. WTF?

the only explanation is that the English are all repressed homosexuals and a small shot of water in their anus would "convert" them.

The price is, 10 times longer spent in the bathroom.

Vote away.
    I've lived in the United States all my life and they don't have them here, at least not in the area where I live. I actually had to Google to find it what it is. Now that I know what it is, I can vouch for its superiority over toilet paper.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    how do you mean???
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    how can you even compare. there's no matching for the powers of the bidet. first toilet paper, then wash that ass!
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Sea shells.

Let me know if you caught that movie reference.

MBTI
    INTP

If TP is used in conjunction with a bidet, then the poll is pointless; of course having both is better.

If its an either/or situation, I'd choose toilet paper; you know when you're finished, and you don't feel like your ass is leaking.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

.. It seems so... time consuming. I just watched a video on how to work a bidet.. It seems a bit nice, but impractical. I could see it being a plus the same way I see a bath tub being a plus--some times it is nice to have the bath tub vs just showering. I could see it being way more comfortable in feeling fresher after doing some serious business.

I don't know how it's considered greener at all unless you dry off with a towel and completely stop the use of toilet paper. Otherwise, it's toilet paper x2 (once before and after again to dry) and a bunch of running water. My frugal senses see something wrong there with that math. Also, I don't really find it all that hygienic to wash everything a bazillion times a day. I can understand some common sense factors--wash your hands after going to the bathroom or before eating, take a shower of some sort daily, etc. But I just don't feel the need to apply water and soap to my body after I do any little thing in my day. I think over washing can do some damage to lady parts as well.. So it'd have to be just water.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge