Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bidet

11 84.62%
  • Toilet paper

2 15.38%
First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    For what it's worth, taking a large wad of toilet paper and wetting it in warm water (assuming the sink is within arm's reach) .... Works, but tends to clog the toilet easily.
    Yeah, that's too much toilet paper and I hate the way it dissolves when it's wet. Bidets are superior. On the other hand, bum guns/toilet hoses are even better than bidets because you don't have to get off the toilet seat to use them and you can aim which ever way you want and then dry off with TP. Perfect.

Living in the US, I usually just try to take a shower immediately afterwards.

Or use these
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    For what it's worth, taking a large wad of toilet paper and wetting it in warm water (assuming the sink is within arm's reach) .... Works, but tends to clog the toilet easily.
    No, it makes the skin of your butt itch. Just clear water is so much better.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I would imagine it's a water usage thing no? Especially since water tables are stressed worldwide and are expected to become moreso over the next 20 years
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I would imagine it's a water usage thing no? Especially since water tables are stressed worldwide and are expected to become moreso over the next 20 years
    Bidets are considered greener: http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...h-talks-bidets

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Never used one, but I would consider getting a toilet-mounted attachment when we replace the toilet we've got now, assuming the budget allows and we aren't doing the installing ourselves. Complicated plumbing jobs probably ought to be considered grounds for divorce.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

You can see it's rare enough here that we don't even know how to use one, or what one looks like. Though I suppose you're not smiling about that.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Years ago when we were looking at homes in South Florida, many of the new home communities offered Bidets as an upgrade, which we would have chosen had we purchased at that time. Instead we moved to NC and I've yet to see one here, but I'd love to have one in our next home. In the mean time I'll have to settle for TP and this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The only time I've ever had the fortune to have access to a bidet was when we rented a fancy cabin for our 10th anniversary, and it had a bidet attachment on the master toilet. It was awesome. I don't know why it's not standard here, except that I can only imagine the huge fucking mess people would make if there were bidets on public toilets. I don't think I'd trust a public bidet but I'd totally get one on my private throne, no prob. For now, though, it's all about the wet naps.

Banned

I thought that bidets was for washing your feet until I was 17 years of age.