User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default Reason why NT, NF post a lot more than SP, SJ in their forum?

Maybe somebody has figured it out. But I was wondering: why is it that SJ's are the most common type (40-45%), but have the least posts and threads in their SJ Guardhouse? And the rarest of types, NT (5-10%), have 5 times more p&t's than SJs.

I've indexed the percentage posts compared with estimated type division (based on Keirsey).
    SJ (8/40) * 100 = 20
    SP (11/35) * 100 = 31
    NF (46/15) * 100 = 306
    NT (35/10) * 100 = 350
    SJs posts are 8% of the amount of posts in SJ+SP+NT+NF fora. And SJs count for approx. 40% of the population.

Interesting thing is that the difference in the Enneagramcenters isn't that big.
    What would be reasons why NT and NF post a lot more in their forum than SP and SJ types?

Abstract discussion, more or less. The topic is geared for a certain audience.

The only reason I'm here is.... well, it's a long story. An SP has to jump through a few hoops and cut through some detour signs to get where I'm at. Then we end up in places like this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You're absolutely right, that's why I posted this in the Bonfire. ;-)

The only reason I'm here is.... well, it's a long story. An SP has to jump through a few hoops and cut through some detour signs to get where I'm at. Then we end up in places like this
    So, its gonna be pretty crowded here some day.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think that the SP/SJs tend to enter into this kind of thing knowing what being an S means. They know the deal with their own temperament. So there isn't much need to discuss it. But some of the weirder things get discussed, like straying from the norm, discussing intuition and how it affects us, etc. Then from there, I imagine that these threads are read and the stuff in them makes sense; or other stuff is read about the tertiary/inferior functions that make sense from elsewhere. I figured out what tertiary Ni was almost based on self study, and from talking to a few people. It takes some people years just to figure themselves out because they can't seem to really apply a lot of this information to themselves!

With the N types a lot of them aren't satisfied with the descriptions (I don't blame them, a lot of descriptions in general are skewed by the enneagram), so they go and talk about it. I imagine they'd rather hear about other ideas and possibilities when it comes to the theory rather than just sit and read and have everything be done with. Notice how there are a lot of multiple threads, redundant threads etc? I'm pretty sure they would just rather hear it from actual people rather than read a source that may or may not be true.

Just my own two cents.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post

The only reason I'm here is.... well, it's a long story. An SP has to jump through a few hoops and cut through some detour signs to get where I'm at. Then we end up in places like this.
    I think @KDude is correct. With one caveat that some SJs appear to be sating curiosity.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

WALMART

A whole lot of wannabes.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    A whole lot of wannabes.
    30% of people are N, so that's about 2bn iNtuitors in the world. Not all of them are going to be academics.

Of the number of SP's.SJ's in my family and friends, a few SP's may at a stretch, occassionally post on a forum, very few SJ's. The NT's. and then NF's, would be much more disproportionately likely to. In my experience.

Of course that's assuming you trust my typings, but many have taken the test and I predicted correctly in my mind their result so, I trust my own typing.

So I think it's completely realistic to have these proportions.

The trouble is that some people who ARE N, then online, feel the need to "prove" it.

I type myself as NTP but I can't be bothered to put it as my type, because it's like putting a target on your head for some guy to come and say "oh if you're so N why don't you post some serious typological theory?" or some such shit.

It's like saying to an SP "you're a wannabe cause you didn't do any dancing or white water rafting today, you just sat there reading books, you damn iNtuitor!".

But yeah thanks for being the excuse for my rant, it wasn't directed at you personally.

I think its because this is all pure theory after all. Sensors have a bigger need for the theory to have a practical application and become increasingly uncomfortable the further it veers away from this. The application of MBTI is not immediately apparent, its immediate application would probably be the optimisation of delegation of tasks to employees in a business environment or for further understanding of different thought processes in psychological circles.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I think that the SP/SJs tend to enter into this kind of thing knowing what being an S means. They know the deal with their own temperament. So there isn't much need to discuss it....

(...) the N types (...) rather hear about other ideas and possibilities when it comes to the theory rather than just sit and read and have everything be done with.
    Makes a lot of sense to me.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The vast majority of people on this forums are N's (or at least claim to be). If there were more S's on the forum, then there would be more posts by S's.

Also, I wonder if there are not more S's out there that are lurking, or just don't bother to post. Overall, they just aren't as interested in MBTI.

And as far as enneagram goes, there seems to be more members in the head triad (lots of 5's, 6's and 7's here). However the heart and gut triads have just about as many posts. The heart triad has type 4 and it's probably one of the most common enneagram types here. I think the nature of type 4 leads to a lot of introspection and thus threads about one's type. Regarding the gut triad, it's got type 9- again a common type for the forum. I didn't think type 9's liked talking about themselves quite as much about 4's but maybe I'm wrong.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne