User Tag List

Thread: Neuroticism.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Default Neuroticism.

Who doesn't love a good neurosis?

Not me. I am intensely neurotic, this is no surprise to me nor should it be to others. However the point of this thread was essentially to let people air their neurotic moments.

For example, recently I almost had a brain squidge because of the most insignificant incident. I went to my friend's model shop, where I often go after work to paint some of my models, (since he has all the paints in the range), upon asking if he had a particular one, neither of us could find it.

I offered to check at my house in case I had mistakenly taken it. When I got home I also could not find it, but for some unknown reason, (not really instead I was feeling unnecessarily guilty as I didn't want to be seen as a thief even though I knew I had not taken it), I decided to post on our group's facebook page that I had not found it which I assumed at the time was a fair gesture to reassure said friend.

He is actually not too bothered about it, we're good friends and I know he considers me trustworthy. But it was then that I had the realisation that my message made it seem as if he had been accusing me, which was not the case at all, (as said before I had volunteered the idea that I may have taken it by accident), so in a panic I deleted the message.

Too late, it has now been seen by over 40 of the club members who no doubt have no idea why it was there and worse....why it is now gone.

So now I have to wait and see if this negative eventuality has actually taken place, or not. Usually when this happens however I find I am correct and I have caused a problem within a group over nothing.

Huzzah! Irrelevent, pathetic problems of insignificance. But funny right?

Now lets get back to 'fixing' the third world. Which people tell me is now a forth world and a second world can easily look like a third world, whereas a first world seems not to exist at all except by certain jingoistic people within any country ever.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Hahahahaha. I wonder a lot if I am naturally neurotic or if it's mostly caused by stress (I have been under constant stress the last few years).

Example: I went to a function at my university and thought I lost my cell phone (totally freaked out) so I asked around at several places to see if they found a cell phone.

Guess where it was....

On the other hand, there were three occasions that I lost my wallet (and didn't know it) and someone returned it to me.
    But then I also locked myself out of my apartment at least 5 times a semester so it's not all that surprising. lol

4w3 sp/sx

For myself, I get urges to over explain the intent behind my actions.

A good example is that I'm not good with making contact with people. But I do go through spells where I get really excited about something and deliberately seek out more contact (hehe...Ne-fueled contact binges) so I can share/bounce ideas and thoughts. Then my fear of overstepping boundaries rears up making me thinking that I'm over-doing it. Then I'll want to explain myself. Which involves more contact and awkward apologies. And probably the other person going, "What the hell is Redbone going on about?" I end up feeling pretty stupid and will withdraw for weeks or even permanently. Or at least be sorely tempted to.

This is more apt to happen with people who are acquaintances than my very close friends but it's still possible even with them. I've gotten better at squelching the desire to 'correct' things. This is very good because once I start this, it can get out of hand. It's kinda funny in a way because my oldest sister does this, too.

Now lemme explain...

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    9w1 sx

I can be pretty neurotic about a lot of things... A recent event...

I reconnected with an old friend after having not seen him for over a decade. We hung out one night and had a few beers. He said it was nice to be around someone he felt he didn't have to try and impress and would be open to it again. So the next weekend we got together for a bit. Well, since then I've been all, if I text him to say hey what's up is he going to take it the wrong way and think that I want to date him and not just be friends... Is he going to think I'm a clingy annoying friend and wish I'd just leave him alone... If I don't text him is he going to think that I am after more and I'm feeling rejected so I'm just not going to talk to him anymore...

I do this kind of thing all the time. With girl friends I always question if they are talking about me behind my back after we depart... And I get all kinds of paranoid that they are only using me to get information or something. It's no wonder I'm a hermit anymore.