User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I'm seen as intelligent, but an underachiever in some way. The compliment is usually followed by why I didn't/don't go to school (a doctor said that recently) or how I should be making more money (family says that).

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Rly?

IMO people try hard to sound clever, but when it boils down to it, I find many people here misunderstand very basic things, which most people IRL understand "intuitively". In my experience.
    awww... I've always found people's attempts to prove that they're the smartest and most intuitive person on this site to be hilarious! They confirm my belief that we're all idiots in the most delightful way
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Lots of people say I am smart, but then no one listens to me. o well.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    awww... I've always found people's attempts to prove that they're the smartest and most intuitive person on this site to be hilarious! They confirm my belief that we're all idiots in the most delightful way
    don't you love the oxymoron of false-modesty schtick and clever gratuitous attention whoring flaunting?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

No idea. I mean, I obviously don't hear friends/acquaintances describing me to other people, so don't know what they'd emphasize. But I think there are other things that would come to the forefront / stand out about me/define me first, vs. being described as intelligent (as... I'm not one to get into intellectual or philosophical debates, thus I don't care if people don't know what I know or don't know). [Sometimes I don't think people know what to say about me, because the time years ago I asked a)one of my parents, and b)one of my close friends, what my strengths were, they weren't easily able to respond. So I either defy description (lol), or I keep so much to myself that people don't know enough (more likely)]

I know I'm above average, and also know I'm a far cry from genius /brilliant, and would never be described as such. But I'm quite all right with that.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    don't you love the oxymoron of false-modesty schtick and clever gratuitous attention whoring flaunting?
    one of the best characteristics of humanity

seriously, where would the world of comedy be without it?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

If I'm perfectly honest... I think a lot of people give me more credit than I deserve. I'm well above average in some areas, but in others I'm middle of the road at best. Take science and history, for example, I would rather walk on hot coals before sitting through another science or history course. While I do find science somewhat interesting, I just can't get into it. As for history, I've never found a way to truly enjoy reading about it. That being said... A lot of people tell me how incredibly smart I am. I tend to wonder if it's because of my appearance (I tend to dress fairly conservatively) and that I'm fairly quiet. And when I do pipe up it's because a subject that I've studied a lot and I'm really interested in has been brought up.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Yes.

My favorite template is:

Title: "Generic MBTI/JCF Theory question"
    Content: "Rant about their mom/brother/neighbour"
    Style: "Substitutes third person and MBTI types for own and third party's names"

With a close second:

Title: "Type me"
    Content: "I'm a genius"
    Style: "Expressed via 10,000 word essay"

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Yes.

My favorite template is:

Title: "Generic MBTI/JCF Theory question"
    Content: "Rant about their mom/brother/neighbour"
    Style: "Substitutes third person and MBTI types for own and third party's names"

With a close second:

Title: "Type me"
    Content: "I'm a genius"
    Style: "Expressed via 10,000 word essay"
    You forgot the:
    Title: "Want opinion from type XXXX"
    Content: "Flaunt about unsolicited off-topic self-centered trivia"
    Style: "Introduces disclaimer about not being requested type in OP and steers direction of discussion by gratuitously inserting an emotionally charged opinion/example showcasing how righteously relevant their life experience is"

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

garbage

"I am superior and therefore my type is superior and here's why:
    Therefore, even typolology says that I'm superior. It's fact."

On topic of intelligence, I think people see me for what I am in that department, that my perception matches theirs.