User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I think folks see me as pretty stupid at first, until they hear about/know about me, then they all think I'm some darned rocket scientist or something. It's slightly amusing (though equally annoying)
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

This whole board seems way above average intelligence to me. That is likely why I stay. I it so.

I think people generally think I'm smarter than I am. But usually it doesn't come up.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Probably as I am. I tend to wear my mind on my sleeve. I've been called a genius a couple of times, but I think the people were just giving me hyperbolic compliments (even though I would love it if they are right). I won't become arrogant no matter what the case may be.
    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    This whole board seems way above average intelligence to me. That is likely why I stay. I it so.
    Seconded.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

No clue. I think the primary trait people see is 'asshole', or describe me as 'nice guy' (i am not a nice guy, I'd have to care for that). Well no, actually these days its 'good guy'. My plan is working.

Often been described as brilliant, smart, and some superlatives as in 'smartest person I know' by people I actually talk to. My boss tells me i'm '40 in my head' and other such things. To me people thinking I am intelligent is useless if I don't have the means to action/leverage it into concrete achievements.

Mostly I see myself as a part-time serious irredeemable brat. So, not sure where they get the genius part. My policy being not to over do displays of intellect.

My goal frankly is not to be the smartest person in the room. If it is the case then I probably haven't surrounded myself with the right people. I want complimentary non mutually competitive skill sets for proper team building and product inception. (anything's a product in the end)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

It is not so easy to answer if people think I am more or less intelligent than I really am, because for that you would have to know how intelligent I really am Often enough I have moments where I feel like the last idiot. So what I think personally:

When I look at my school time, some teachers first underestimated me, but changed their opinion over time a lot (some obviously stick to their negative opinion forever, duh). Among other pupils my intelligence was mostly respected, some obviously would still underestimate me and some might even overestimate me. The majority of people I dealt with over longer time though would generally think I am reasonably intelligent.

In my studies I don't talk a lot with other people, but it was generally easy for me to make a good impression on people here regarding intelligence.

Society

most people who know me in RL tend to think I am a lot more intelligent then i think i am.

and honestly it doesn't matter if they are right or if i am: my willingness and thus capacity to learn, understand other points of view, be willing to examine thoughts for things i haven't thought of, to expand on my thoughts to let other people critique them, etc', all depends on my belief that there is a greater potential for intelligence around me then within me. however intelligent i may be, that belief has being critical to it's formation and my capacity to grow more so, counter-factual or not. whichever hardware you get, your software could always use more work. more so, if people think you are intelligent because it takes them time to understand your thought, to me it means i am not doing as good of a job at communicating it as i would like to in the first place.

MBTI
    xxTP

IRL I'm seen as pretty intelligent, which is not always an advantage as people are instantly defensive. I try to use Fe to offset that, with varied results.

Probs not on this forum because a different kind of intelligence is valued, I think people go a lot for an "uber iNtuitive" style of oblique in-jokes which I find quite forced (though maybe I'm wrong?) and can't rly be fucked with.

Which again is not necesarrily disadvantageous, it's probably better to be seen as an idiot and surprise people, than to be seen as clever and have them on guard.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I don't know if there's any way for me to answer this question fairly, because it all depends on

1) the context in which people know me,
    2) how well people know me,
    3) how (in)secure/arrogant the people are, and
    4) how intelligent the people are*.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I think folks see me as pretty stupid at first, until they hear about/know about me, then they all think I'm some darned rocket scientist or something. It's slightly amusing (though equally annoying)
    That fits for me as well.

I can be pretty assertive, up until the point when people would jump out of the window when I say it, because they trust me. I care alot not to disappoint their trust then, still in those moments I get zero reflection about the person I am. When I then being 29 yrs old, work with a group of people of 40 yrs olds, I normally would expect them to be the groups leaders and managers. But since I am the manager, things are a little weird for me at times. Only reflection I get is at the end, when the project worked and people are happy; but personally I dont get much out of it.

My gf is sparing on compliments and for my family I was already intelligent cause I went to the higher secondary school that qualifies you for University. Nobody in my family holds an University degree, I am the first.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Riva

'What are you plotting Riva' is what people ask me.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    This whole board seems way above average intelligence to me
    Rly?

IMO people try hard to sound clever, but when it boils down to it, I find many people here misunderstand very basic things, which most people IRL understand "intuitively". In my experience.