User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: your man cave

WALMART

Default your man cave

as grandiose as you could care for, tell me about your ideal patch of reality.

be your hobbies automotive, acoustical or ordnance related; whether you are sculpting your body or refining your mind - what tools would you utilize to help attain personal bliss?

sorry ladies, i could think of no word to equally express the intent of this thread, but you are more than encouraged to participate.

(the term ladycave was decided to be too close a euphemism by certain inappropriately minded individuals)

I hate that term.

I was forced into spending time in a hobby lobby several months ago and I must have seen three dozen "man cave" signs they were selling all over the store. Even in the kids section.

I want a library.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I want a cozy room with a fireplace, a Steinway baby grand, and a Martin D-35 in it. One entire wall of books, records, and sound equipment, and one opposite wall with a long dressing table/work table flanked by two large wardrobes that hold all my clothes and accessories and makeup, perfectly organized, and all my jewelry making equipment and sewing supplies. Everything extremely handy so I can play music, listen to music, make jewelry, read, dress and undress, and relax by the fire.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    (the term ladycave was decided to be too close a euphemism by certain inappropriately minded individuals)
    I had to emphasize how much this made me laugh. I think I've just resigned to calling it a mancave anyways.

My ideal setting is one of two, actually.
    Version 1: My light garden, which I will probably actually build. A tent-like outdoors area, screened in, with just tons of very soft lights of different sorts and shapes everywhere, and glass and bottles of all types reflecting that light.. with a small water fountain/river running through the middle of it, very elven inspired, and (ideally) beautiful carnivorous plants everywhere in between.. comfy cushions, some flowy fabrics, and music too. Sometimes it has a hard floor, sometimes it's grass for the floor.

Version 2: A place I may eventually have.. but do not have room for it currently. A study. A place where I can literally walk up a spiral staircase into a dome-like observatory and be able to sit, stand and observe, pretend I'm a sniper, or even open a section of it and climb onto my rooftop, bookshelves of books and reference materials, a unique desk to sprawl things on, and old-timey looking map with a layout of the entire world with the places I've been pinned to it, with tiny flags of a picture I've taken from the place hanging off of the pin. Candles everywhere so that I can pretend that I'm in a medieval place sometimes. A fireplace to occasionally throw documents into the fire. And a classy looking hide-a-bar with a cool sort of smooth whiskey held inside. Medieval weaponry would mostly decorate the place.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got actually, but I think I'd like some arcade machines believe it or not.

Probably just a few cabinets, like Pac Man, some kind of bullet hell shooter, some other random game, maybe a pinball machine, but I'd definitely need to have Tetris Grand Master

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Man cave? Dat's nasty.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My sister and brother-in-law call theirs "the boner room," since it was called a "bonus room" in the house plans.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I want an unlimited supply of cheesy snacks - goldfish, white cheddar popcorn, and cheez-its. I also want a refrigeration unit specifically for my broccoli and sushi reserves. Then a fridge, microwave, and George Foreman to supply all of my comfort food needs. Beef stroganoff, spaghetti, steak, etc. will be within my fingertips.

I also desire two seating units. One very fluffy, luxurious love seat that I can sink into when I'm feeling indulgent (and/or to copulate with my harem). The other, a firm, upright wing chair that can help keep me alert (upon which I may thoughtfully smoke the pipe I will have to facilitate thinking and meditation).

I also demand a very large monitor for visual entertainment and skulking about teh interwebz.

More to possibly be added later.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

• Quiet, 72º room
    • Lots of tall windows with thick drapes
    • Comfy chair with foot stool
    • A table with a lamp and room for my laptop
    • My laptop
    • Either good speakers or good wireless headphones
    • The blanket I bought in Baja 25 years ago, only with no holes
    • Really fast internet connection
    • Quiet, lavishly compensated domestic servant to bring me snacks and bring in packages
    • Unlimited Amazon and iTunes budgets
    • Maybe a well supplied crafting/sewing area
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Society

a giant white board covering an entire wall to write/sketch/doodle my ideas, with a well placed camera hanging form the ceiling to save the content as images, a projector to see them as well as play console games, shelves stacked with books, a mattress floor to lay down everywhere, a trampoline, a wooden ceiling to stick all my favorite quotes without peeling the paint, lego, a hookah next to an air filtration unit, a 3D printer, a jacuzzi to read in, a fridge and a drink cabinet, a laptop holder hanging from above that i can slide around the room, an awesome stereo, and a GLaDOS shaped head i can turn on/off or set times for, with her voice giving me my reminders, my to do lists, etc'.