User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default Life...is really hard...I'm just saying...

So, you wake up everyday, and you're like...wow, this again? And the questions begin...what is this? Why is this? Who is this? After about 10 minutes of this, you shut yourself up because you know life doesn't have those answers for you, and you get to work on what you're supposed to be doing. As you go about your day, you meet people here and there and they make you think differently about something...at the least, they bring to surface something about your thinking you hadn't faced yet...at least they do for me....and you get to thinking about it again, more..never newly, because, really, how many things do you think about that are new? And even if you're thinking about something new, you already know yourself way too well to not know how you'll conclude. Really, the thinking is just going through the motions to ensure no mistakes were made...it's like long division, easy enough to not really be conscious of it as you're doing it.

Only, this thing starts to make you consider about possibly changing the life you had set out before you previously, though you laugh at such notions as life isn't yours to "set out" before yourself anyway, and you find yourself in an existential mess again...what am I doing with my life, really? I'm just some guy, doing nothing at all, wasting time, and at the end of it all, I'll be gone. In the meantime, I'm supposed to care about reading a book? It seems like priorities are messed up. So, you get to thinking, ok, what would I like to do? And the truth is, you don't know...you do whatever it is you like to or not to at the time of your doing or non doing of it. Eventually, you go home...relax a bit...fall asleep and wake up the next day wondering what exactly you'll wake up to.

Life is hard.

Glycerine

Then do something about it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

It happens that people sometimes feel depressive and think life is meaningless.
    However, to me, the whole existence seems pretty meaningless, not in all points, but true, if you're gonna end up buried in a coffin and your awareness is "deleted". That may sound cynical, but if you think only someone with depression can think this way, you're wrong. I'm in a good/neutral mood today and enjoying a very well made movie.

And the questions begin...what is this? Why is this? Who is this? After about 10 minutes of this, you shut yourself up because you know life doesn't have those answers for you, and you get to work on what you're supposed to be doing
    I think happy people ignore these questions and just do their things..

Permabanned

You can run away from your old life but you're always forced to return to it.
    Or you die.

You see, it goes...birth, initiation, marriage, children, elderhood, death.

Birth-Check.
    Initiation-Check.
    Marriage-Blank.
    Children-Blank.
    Eldership-Blank.
    Death-Blank.

Is it just me, or do these stages get a lot harder as you go through them? Back when I was 10, I was terrified. Now, I laugh at how stupid I was to be so, but, looking forward, it's not so much terror as it is the fear of being inadequate. That's terrifying. I mean, you need food, clothes, shelter, transportation...at a minimum....for a whole bunch of people. I can barely get enough food for just me....and I'm being helped...what happens when I'm responsible for me, my wife and my children? That's like 4 other people. That's just insane. It's like I have to ramp up production by a factor of four, and the base number is already exhausting me to bits...

I just want to cry thinking about it. As I'm doing it? I'm half expecting to just be walking around in tears warning passers-by to "Not do it man, just don't do it."....

Not to mention the resources to get them started on their path. Thankfully, after initiation (ideally, practically, it's after they're legally adults) you can be like "I don't know you, you don't know me, kindly get off my property".

How will I cope if children turn out to be harder than marriage? Seriously...how do normal people do this?

(They don't think as much on it...I know...but what is everyone thinking about if not life?) Hobbies? Activities? School? Work? People?

Like, I said, you can't escape your life...it must be lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Infperson View Post
    It happens that people sometimes feel depressive and think life is meaningless.
    However, to me, the whole existence seems pretty meaningless, not in all points, but true, if you're gonna end up buried in a coffin and your awareness is "deleted". That may sound cynical, but if you think only someone with depression can think this way, you're wrong. I'm in a good/neutral mood today and enjoying a very well made movie.

I think happy people ignore these questions and just do their things..
    Selective-thinking-induced bliss.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I agree. Life is hard.

MBTI
    INFJ

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    So, you wake up everyday, and you're like...wow, this again? And the questions begin...what is this? Why is this? Who is this? After about 10 minutes of this, you shut yourself up because you know life doesn't have those answers for you, and you get to work on what you're supposed to be doing. As you go about your day, you meet people here and there and they make you think differently about something...at the least, they bring to surface something about your thinking you hadn't faced yet...at least they do for me....and you get to thinking about it again, more..never newly, because, really, how many things do you think about that are new? And even if you're thinking about something new, you already know yourself way too well to not know how you'll conclude. Really, the thinking is just going through the motions to ensure no mistakes were made...it's like long division, easy enough to not really be conscious of it as you're doing it.

Only, this thing starts to make you consider about possibly changing the life you had set out before you previously, though you laugh at such notions as life isn't yours to "set out" before yourself anyway, and you find yourself in an existential mess again...what am I doing with my life, really? I'm just some guy, doing nothing at all, wasting time, and at the end of it all, I'll be gone. In the meantime, I'm supposed to care about reading a book? It seems like priorities are messed up. So, you get to thinking, ok, what would I like to do? And the truth is, you don't know...you do whatever it is you like to or not to at the time of your doing or non doing of it. Eventually, you go home...relax a bit...fall asleep and wake up the next day wondering what exactly you'll wake up to.

Life is hard.
    That isnt hard, that's awesome.

Day I wake up and dont feel this way, dont have that drive to learn, wonder, discover is when I die.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

You dont have to go through all the stages. Just choose.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Personally, I find death harder.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------