User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It can be hard. I'm almost done raising the kids, which has had it's hard moments, but mostly isn't too bad. I mean, even with the stuff that's kind of awful you love them, so it helps. Marriage seems to be a crap shoot, but I've been lucky in love. What has mostly been the worst thing is being poor. Being poor makes everything harder and I find despite my inclination as an NF to shun materialism, that having a comfortable life is important to me.

Right now we aren't doing too bad and I am feeling that life is pretty easy and, mostly, I am content. My kids are fairly independent, but still live at home where I can see that they have what they need and are safe. My husband and I have gotten most of the rough edges worn off in our relationship and are comfortable together, but still want each other and enjoy each other's company. We usually have the money to get a meal out and buy a book if we want to. I never really thought I'd be this lucky.

But I do fear how things will be as my husband and I age. Health problems are virtually inevitable and we do not have adequate provisions for retirement. The odds of my being widowed are pretty high and that is the flip side to a long, happy marriage: eventually, they still leave you or you leave them. I don't know how I will cope with that or, if he survives me, how he will. We've kind of grown together like a tree around a fence post.

But there isn't much sense borrowing trouble. I try to enjoy the easy while it lasts.

But here's some love for you from the nineties:

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Indeed.

Life is what you make of it.

It's easy to assume everyone lives cookie-cutter lives and everything's boring and determined already... but you know what assumptions make
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...very-pain.html
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFP

I was directing the majority of my comment to the OP, sorry to confuse, SD.

I was appreciating your reference with my "Indeed."

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    So, you wake up everyday, and you're like...wow, this again? And the questions begin...what is this? Why is this? Who is this? After about 10 minutes of this, you shut yourself up because you know life doesn't have those answers for you, and you get to work on what you're supposed to be doing.
    Uh, hmm....nope, I don't do those things.

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    at least they do for me
    Yeah, that sounds about right. You might want to think about researching into depression and solutions for this issue. I don't know who you are or what your life is like, but I'd wager it should probably be one of your main priorities.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Personally, I find death harder.
    Really? Death couldn't possibly be easier. It's so insanely easy that literally anyone or anything can do it, they can do it at the drop of a hat, and they can do it forever.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Really? Death couldn't possibly be easier. It's so insanely easy that literally anyone or anything can do it, they can do it at the drop of a hat, and they can do it forever.
    Heh, true. Not willing though. That's the hard part.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------