User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes. As @Ivy is explaining, help them learn about themselves and others- reducing much of the confusion and frustration that comes with trying to fit in or figure yourself out at an early age.

Case in point- I have a 13 year old nephew- Mr Know it all- ESTJ most likely. Leader and enforcer of all of my other nieces and nephews. I had them over the holidays- and in everything- he was the man in charge. I observed, and in some instances, had to break his reign of terror up- let him know that the rules of the game (life) aren't based on his understanding only.

Now, I admire that the kid isn't afraid to confront and express himself- that's a great quality to have, but it has to be tempered with a little forethought and tolerance for an opposing view- a lesson from typology that isn't throwing a bunch of letters and acronyms at him.

Funny-They were playing this game and they had to pick a place that began with whatever letter was up. So one kid wasn't picking cities or countries, he was picking like "box, or sky, or upstairs"- clever stuff that satisfied the rules. My nephew insisted he was 'wrong' and was 'out, and I had to let him know that, based on the way the rules are explained, his responses were fine. He's a competitive little dude- always gotta win!

I'm waiting for them to get over 40, so they can have a full grasp of their inferior functions.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

garbage

To the extent that it helps them play to their strengths, sure.

Also, everything that @Ivy said. I'd rather use it to provide a vocabulary that would help in the process of guiding them.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

... something about the title of this thread disturbs me... probably the fact that my brain keeps skipping words this evening

nobody should expose themselves to their children... NOBODY!

and on another note... no plans of reproducing, so the thread's actual question is irrelevant to me... haven't exposed the cats to it (and if to anything else, that's an accident! )... they're kind of stupid and would probably use it as a rationalization for discriminating against people because of that
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I'm going to assign each child an mbti type at birth, condition them to behave like that type, and physically punish them if they deviate from the type description. also I'm going to have 16 children.

It's like asking should I expose my kids to Greek philosophy, Judaism, Christianity and the Enlightenment?

Well, the answer is of course yes, as is appropriate to their developmental stage.

However I would expose them to the proponents as well as the critics and let them make up their own minds.

Unfortunately mbti is based on blind belief. For although mbti claims to be a personality test, there have been no random double blind experiments to test it in 75 years.

So mbti has the same truth value as astrology and finds its use in emotional manipulation.

So I would uncritically introduce my children to mbti if I wanted to teach them emotional manipulation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I wouldn't make a point of it. I think it's used as more of a detriment then anything else, lol, but if it was wielded properly then maybe. I don't want my dumb kid running around making dumb over-generalizations of people just because of their supposed type -cough- too many topics here -cough-

But it can be a supplementary tool for understanding others.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

But of course. It can help them to understand how other people may think differently than they do. An ENFP might not need this so much but well for an ISTJ or INTJ - this could be much more useful.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I would judge them. Silently.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, if they were old enough and mature enough to be able to grasp the concepts and understand that it's a tool for better understanding people, not stereotyping them.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne