User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Good grief. Or more accurately, good luck. People who try that with me usually end up misunderstand me completely.
    But your soul is seeping out of you dear Coriolis without you noticing. You reveal yourself in your intonation, in your unconscious movements, in the expression of your dear face. And what is more beautiful than the human face. And you charm us with the illusion we can't understand you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But your soul is seeping out of you dear Coriolis without you noticing. You reveal yourself in your intonation, in your unconscious movements, in the expression of your dear face. And what is more beautiful than the human face. And you charm us with the illusion we can't understand you.
    Either many people misunderstand, or they are very good actors. In any case, I have been told specifically that I give off very few nonverbal cues. I have no reason to suspect these people are not giving an honest opinion.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I like the Jackass intros

"Hi, I'm Johnny Knoxville, and I'm going to verb some nouns"

Except instead of riding carts down the freeway, I'm doing something much more mundane like scraping ice off my car

"I'm Beargryllz and today I'm going to try coffee with milk"

This is exciting because I've always preferred black coffee, but I don't even remember what coffee & milk tastes like. You can mix all sorts of things together and find something new

Verb your nouns and tell people about it
    Pretty enlightened for a republican (or was it sarcasm?)
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned

I'm a biracial, binational, bicultural 22 year old living this life to fullest because my other one was stolen by a jackass with a pretty smile.

So, I'm in. And you're out.

garbage

Some people do give off very few nonverbal cues. The fact that these nonverbal cues are absent can in and of itself communicate something about the individual. I have my own moments of stoicism, in which others wind up outright guessing because they can't get a 'read,' consciously or not. Sometimes, there are consequences; other times, not so much.

Many have the tendency, unfortunately, to incorrectly 'read between the lines' with what little data is actually provided. We love our snap judgments and mental shortcuts. We operate how we're gonna operate, I suppose, but our snap judgments too often lead us astray. Those snap judgments are particularly troublesome when they're wrong and we act upon them.
    _____

For that reason, I tend absorb the surrounding context and package my introductions accordingly, because the truth can be packaged in a variety of ways, tailored to the person who is to receive the message.

"Who are you?" Well, that depends. From my standpoint, who we are is at least, to a certain extent, relative to one another.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Many have the tendency, unfortunately, to incorrectly 'read between the lines' with what little data is actually provided. We love our snap judgments and mental shortcuts. We operate how we're gonna operate, I suppose, but our snap judgments too often lead us astray. Those snap judgments are particularly troublesome when they're wrong and we act upon them.
    This has always been one of my main pet peeves, and the reason I try myself to avoid making such assumptions about people. Yes, having few nonverbal cues does tell people something about me, something they are welcome to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    For that reason, I tend absorb the surrounding context and package my introductions accordingly, because the truth can be packaged in a variety of ways, tailored to the person who is to receive the message.
    If I am relaxed and without any particular goal at the moment, it can be amusing to see how I can control the impression I give someone by how I package that introduction, while sharing entirely truthful information.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Wow, I've never met people who introduce themselves this way! As an INFP e4, I admit I can define myself in terms of tastes and interests, but definitely not my job or education. In meeting new people, "introductions" usually start with observations about something in the moment. From there, it tends to focus on what we're "into". This is probably why I end up with so many unemployed men .

Of course, tastes & interests are not ME either, no matter how passionate I am about them. I don't know if you can communicate who you are via a self-description anyway....

For me, it's not long before people get emotional. It's not unusual for me to know about a person's emotional baggage long before I learn their occupation. I wear bangs to cover the "free therapy" tattoo on my forehead, but they still spot me.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

yo wadap homie

or if you dont want to mention those things like occupation, just dont talk about the subject unless asked or unless situation for some reason requires it. i dont really know how to introduce myself other than saying my name and hi , but i try to find something else to talk about, succeeding on that in varying degrees depending on the situation
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Wow, I've never met people who introduce themselves this way! As an INFP e4, I admit I can define myself in terms of tastes and interests, but definitely not my job or education. In meeting new people, "introductions" usually start with observations about something in the moment. From there, it tends to focus on what we're "into".
    Part of it for me is that when I am meeting new people, it is usually in a professional setting, so information like job, employer, current projects, etc. has interest and relevance. In social situations I am more likely to mention whom I came with, or my relationship to the hosts or organization. Education doesn't usually come up until much later, if at all, and only as an offshoot of discussing professional topics, or in response to a direct question.