User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

When a sexist cop pulls you over for a speeding ticket.
    "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I still don't get this thread. Is it joking about the run ins feminists have with the rest of society? Is it making snarky comments on run-ins with feminists?
    It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Inconsistencies exist everywhere - it's within human nature. And I happen to like ''celebrating'' it.

Eventually an NFP ends up taking offense, but that's beyond control.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Not the middle ages?

Well, that would be synonymous to stating the worst time to be an American was the 17th century, because that's when we had to fight for independence.

Now, as has been mentioned, feminism is regarded as a joke - a shell of what was.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm all for equality, but I've noticed some rather etreme fundamental feminist behaviour from time to time. Some people just take it too far. :P

If a woman is, for example, carrying something heavy. And I offer my assistance. I really hate the jerky reaction from some females as if I was thinking 'you
    re weak, I'm strong, let me take care of that for you.' whilest in truth I don't assign a persons worth to their physical strength. Recognizing that I am physically stronger than someone else does not make me feel superior to them.

*This actually happens a lot in my profession, I often tend to peoples luggage and surprisingly, the only people that sometimes appear to have that look and hesitation when it comes to allowing me to help them, are always women (I'd say only about 1 in 20 or so though, it's not that big an issue). The men have no problem letting me deal with their stuff. Perhaps it is just that women are more attached to their luggage though and I'm thinking too much of it, but it's a funny observation nonetheless.
    Unfortunately it would be unprofessional of me to inquire for reasons, so I never do that.

Freedom of choice, I suppose that's what it all boils down to. As far as I'm concerned, every human being should have complete freedom of choice unless their choices are harmful to their environment and others of course, but that's irrelevant to the feminist movement itself.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Inconsistencies exist everywhere - it's within human nature. And I happen to like ''celebrating'' it.

Eventually an NFP ends up taking offense, but that's beyond control.
    Ah I see. There were serious replies after the OP.. I was unsure of what to make of the whole thing.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    If a woman is, for example, carrying something heavy. And I offer my assistance. I really hate the jerky reaction from some females as if I was thinking 'you
    re weak, I'm strong, let me take care of that for you.' whilest in truth I don't assign a persons worth to their physical strength. Recognizing that I am physically stronger than someone else does not make me feel superior to them.
    Is this at all serious? She isn't taking it too far. I'm sure a simple, polite "No, but thank you for offering" would have sufficed.. but are you not being just as ridiculous and over the top by assuming she's some feminist extremist because she was annoyed that you offered to help her?

It gets annoying, and really.. really fast. Sometimes, yes, it is great to have someone offer to help. But you're not the first person to offer help to her. I have to deal with men trying to take over my work under the guise of it just being a helping hand. I end up sitting on the side lines, doing nothing, fulfilling my 'womanly duties' while letting men handle all the 'real work' .. not because I wanted to, or because they simply wanted to help another person.. but the underlining reason was that THEY were annoyed that I was doing a job usually assigned to them, and it drove them crazy to attempt doing one normally assigned to me.

The subconscious connotations are VERY easily mistaken because of the way men act and attempt to be. Men are having to step outside of their comfort zones more and more.. and, on a subconscious level, many do not like it. And.. Sometimes it gets a little hard to be polite when a lot of annoying things happen all the time.. When you cannot lift ANYTHING without someone wanting to rush to your side and help you, and you have to put up with people making you allow them to pay for THEIR comfort alone instead of sharing checks which would be my comfort zone, and lord forbid I open a door for them and attempt to return the favor once in a while.... you usually have to stop being polite before anything gets fixed. "No, thank you though.." is polite, and civil, and generally accepted and things move on. When you have to say it a thousand times? Sometimes being a little snappy shuts things up rather quickly, and sets the tone for further events so that you don't really have to get snappy again. That's pretty much human nature on both ends..

I can see why you personally found it a bit hurtful that she'd mistake your intentions.. but it really isn't something to take personally or to internalize.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Is this at all serious? She isn't taking it too far. I'm sure a simple, polite "No, but thank you for offering" would have sufficed.. but are you not being just as ridiculous and over the top by assuming she's some feminist extremist because she was annoyed that you offered to help her?

It gets annoying, and really.. really fast. Sometimes, yes, it is great to have someone offer to help. But you're not the first person to offer help to her. I have to deal with men trying to take over my work under the guise of it just being a helping hand. I end up sitting on the side lines, doing nothing, fulfilling my 'womanly duties' while letting men handle all the 'real work' .. not because I wanted to, or because they simply wanted to help another person.. but the underlining reason was that THEY were annoyed that I was doing a job usually assigned to them, and it drove them crazy to attempt doing one normally assigned to me.

The subconscious connotations are VERY easily mistaken because of the way men act and attempt to be. Men are having to step outside of their comfort zones more and more.. and, on a subconscious level, many do not like it. And.. Sometimes it gets a little hard to be polite when a lot of annoying things happen all the time.. When you cannot lift ANYTHING without someone wanting to rush to your side and help you, and you have to put up with people making you allow them to pay for THEIR comfort alone instead of sharing checks which would be my comfort zone, and lord forbid I open a door for them and attempt to return the favor once in a while.... you usually have to stop being polite before anything gets fixed. "No, thank you though.." is polite, and civil, and generally accepted and things move on. When you have to say it a thousand times? Sometimes being a little snappy shuts things up rather quickly, and sets the tone for further events so that you don't really have to get snappy again. That's pretty much human nature on both ends..

I can see why you personally found it a bit hurtful that she'd mistake your intentions.. but it really isn't something to take personally or to internalize.
    Hmm, a little bit serious, but nothing I'd make a big issue out of course. I'm more of an observer in it all.

Hmm, I guess my main issue with it all is that feminism is being made into an issue whilest in my mind, it should not be an issue at all. It is sad that we live in a world where it is unfortunately neccesaryy that it is being made into an issue. If it was not neccesary to make it into an issue, there would also be no misconceptions.

It's like feeling we need to be on our toes and be fully aware of the thoughts and emotions of all those around us if we do not wish to make a wrong impression or have our actions falsely interpretted. I don't like walking around with that on my mind whilest I know full well I treat each individual based on their personal worth without any gender based prejudices. It has little to do with stepping out of my comfort zone, but instead with my sense of what is right and wrong.

To be fair though, I can't say women have any serious issues in the feminist department where I live and the women in my family are more hands on and abitious than the men and have been for a century (at least). So not being close to any women that have suffered as a result of being treated unfairly might be the reason why I find myself having this position.

The Netherlands tends to be ahead in these kind of things. I truely hope feminism will eventually be a thing of the past, in the good sense.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    oh, i'm sorry to hear. the last thing i read about that whole issue is that he had been forced to resign.
    as for her being homophobic or not: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1226477321618
    Yes, if the polls are to be believed the whole country is waiting for the election in eight months to vote out Labor and Gillard and to vote in the Liberals and Abbott.

In my opinion, the reason for this is that, although Labor has managed the economy well, they are seen to have lost control of our borders. And the borders are a very sensitive issue for the electorate.

And although Gillard voted against the same sex marriage Bill, she did so for political reasons and is not the slightest bit homophobic.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    No, they're just going to execute them.
    No kidding. I'm talking about the cries of the angry mob in New Delhi.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm all for equality, but I've noticed some rather etreme fundamental feminist behaviour from time to time. Some people just take it too far. :P

I don't mind if you help me lift a heavy object. Just don't open the door for me.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne