User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

when you're a man and you're doing it for the wrong reasons so it comes across as trite and insincere
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

-When you're in high school *shudders*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

oh, i'm sorry to hear. the last thing i read about that whole issue is that he had been forced to resign.
    as for her being homophobic or not: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1226477321618

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Points of explanation -

The Leader of the Opposition still has his job and is very likely to be our next Prime Minister.

And our Prime Minister is homophiliac rather than homophobic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Every and any occasion is the worst occasion if you went by people's (mostly dudes') reactions to even the word "feminist."
    My thoughts, exactly, lol.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Its gonna be a bad time to be a mysogynistic rapist for five guys in India real soon.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I still don't get this thread. Is it joking about the run ins feminists have with the rest of society? Is it making snarky comments on run-ins with feminists? The "compulsory military service time" is really throwing me off. (I don't know about the rest of the world.. but females are allowed into the service voluntarily. There really isn't a reason females are not drafted (though we have enough volunteers of the service that we no longer really need a draft--infact quite the opposite we're downsizing..) outside of the fact that sexism still exists and there are some traditions people just simply do not want to give up. "Protecting the women" is one of them, whether we want that protection or not.)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think men and women are, and always will be, different. I strongly believe this is a beautiful thing.

I don't see why people are anal about some of the differences that have nothing to do with being equal as one human being towards another.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Its gonna be a bad time to be a mysogynistic rapist for five guys in India real soon.
    Yeah, they want castration and shit.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, they want castration and shit.
    No, they're just going to execute them.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I think men and women are, and always will be, different. I strongly believe this is a beautiful thing.

I don't see why people are anal about some of the differences that have nothing to do with being equal as one human being towards another.
    If you're going to go kindergarten cop on it, then I agree entirely. We'll always have a vagina, and almost always give birth to babies.. guys will almost always have a penis, and help make babies. Physically men tend to be stronger, and more prone to muscle and women are healthier with more fat. Physiologically, we are different.

More and more, however, we're finding out that many of the differences outside of that are nurture-driven rather than naturally-driven. Some of the nurture-driven traditions are harmless in and of themselves (like a woman typically caring for the child she just gave birth to) but become hurtful when people extend their own beliefs on top of that (I think the woman is responsible for caring for the child since that's what most people do anyways.) There is a difference between the two. One occurs via decision.. the other forced whether a decision is made or not.

I think there are differences that will never go away that are beyond physiology.. it is too far embedded into human culture that it has become second nature. The problem with acknowledging these when it comes to higher levels of thinking (like working in a business environment, education, legal matters, etc.) is that you're damning the minorities in acknowledging them. It is one thing to say "Yes, usually females are the ones to wear skirts and I happen to like it that way." and to say, "I like it when females wear skirts, so the office should make them part of a female's uniform."

I think the differences have a place--but the higher thresholds of society is certainly not one of them outside of pure physiology. When you mix the two...well.. it starts to get really messy. It's better to be more equal about things than to fuck people over trying to cater to everyone's opinions.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge