User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 77

  1. #61
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    told ya. we'd make great partners in crime.

    the entj i befriended, despite freakish intelligence and blablalba, is quite low N and has, I think, more Ne than a 'hardcore entj'. but he does the whole 'thinking before talking' of the Ni types.

    i'd actually love to work with him as our skills are very complimentary.

    i've noticed that quite a few of the people that interested me these days were not 'cliche' mbti types but more like borderline rare mutant breeds, enfps with low P, entjs with below av. E, N and J, istjs with high N...
    when I quit drinking I started thinking before speaking again (constantly basting one's brain makes thinking hard )... this doesn't mean that I'm going to say anything that anyone wants to hear still, but it's put together articulately at least! One of the reasons I left my last job was because my tendency to say what I felt needed to be said in certain situations rubbed higher ups the wrong way and kind of stunted my growth there... it was a business for yes men, not challengers...

    and human complexity is what makes life thrilling... all of the shades in between are where I prefer to be anyways

    and seriously... we need some sort of intercontinental meetup or something! unfortunately, my french is much worse than my spanish
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #62
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    How YOU doin?



    This is about the relationship I want. I've always used this as an example... Well. That and these two:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1zMp43KcT0

    I just find them deliciously in love in their own deformed way. (The story isn't about love at all. XD)
    Going to an improvised (well on my side, I didnt know it existed 30 mins ago) pool party for NYE. no time to watch your puny youtube video tonight I'm afraid.

    More seriously I work too much. well worked. Now i set boundaries and work normal hours. I love travelling but mh, I dont enjoy doing these thigns alone, there isnt much I enjoy doing alone. So at the moment I'm 'waiting' for the right partner in crime to think it's totally natural to just take a plane to the other side of a planet for a week for a non traditionally formatted adventure with someone you've only met recently.

    this in turn means (and coincides with projects and drives i have) I'll have to create my own company in before 2015-16 (realistic expectation, otherwise i'd say 'within the next 6 months' and then people would judge me if it took me a year)
    I'm doing awesome, I'm always doing awesome. Why do people even ask *rolls eyes*
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  3. #63
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    when I quit drinking I started thinking before speaking again (constantly basting one's brain makes thinking hard )... this doesn't mean that I'm going to say anything that anyone wants to hear still, but it's put together articulately at least! One of the reasons I left my last job was because my tendency to say what I felt needed to be said in certain situations rubbed higher ups the wrong way and kind of stunted my growth there... it was a business for yes men, not challengers...

    and human complexity is what makes life thrilling... all of the shades in between are where I prefer to be anyways

    and seriously... we need some sort of intercontinental meetup or something! unfortunately, my french is much worse than my spanish
    mine, english, ist not, too, brokened

    You know, in French people actually keep telling me I have a masterful control of the language, in English comparatively I just feel disorganized and random, make grammatical and orthographic mistakes that jump at me if i ever reread what i wrote etc. it's a bit frustrating at times

    about yes men. Yeah I told my chairman a while back that I was more competent than the ceo at her own job and wanted her fired. didnt go so well.

    Meh. boring. I just want, efficiency.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  4. #64
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    mine, english, ist not, too, brokened

    You know, in French people actually keep telling me I have a masterful control of the language, in English comparatively I just feel disorganized and random, make grammatical and orthographic mistakes that jump at me if i ever reread what i wrote etc. it's a bit frustrating at times

    about yes men. Yeah I told my chairman a while back that I was more competent than the ceo at her own job and wanted her fired. didnt go so well.

    Meh. boring. I just want, efficiency.
    I know native english speakers who use the language MUCH worse than you do

    using another language can be frustrating... I know that I speak spanish with an accent and I can't always find the word that I want to use and then I end up using my hands in order to convey my point to the point of looking downright melodramatic

    and I can say only 3 phrases in french, which translate to I don't understand, I don't speak French, do you speak english, spanish or portuguese?

    bosses don't appreciate efficiency nearly as much as they should... you'd think that they'd WANT for things to operate more smoothly!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  5. #65
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I know native english speakers who use the language MUCH worse than you do

    using another language can be frustrating... I know that I speak spanish with an accent and I can't always find the word that I want to use and then I end up using my hands in order to convey my point to the point of looking downright melodramatic

    and I can say only 3 phrases in french, which translate to I don't understand, I don't speak French, do you speak english, spanish or portuguese?

    bosses don't appreciate efficiency nearly as much as they should... you'd think that they'd WANT for things to operate more smoothly!
    at work i cant count the number of stuff i said months to a year ago, that they did because everything else failed and then they're all 'oh ! i had a great idea'

    I just, dont bother commenting, pointless.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  6. #66
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    at work i cant count the number of stuff i said months to a year ago, that they did because everything else failed and then they're all 'oh ! i had a great idea'

    I just, dont bother commenting, pointless.
    I was always the ideas person for the boss before the last one... I didn't always get credit for what I'd come up with, but it was implemented and it always worked well... he left and the new guy took over and he didn't feel comfortable changing things because he knew that the office was working fine when the previous boss left and didn't want for things to quit working how they were... my tendency to carry on and implement the new ideas on my team if the office wouldn't do it pissed the boss off... killjoy

    the worst part of it was, that it was an undeniable fact that my team did more with less than any other group and he STILL wouldn't listen
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  7. #67
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I was always the ideas person for the boss before the last one... I didn't always get credit for what I'd come up with, but it was implemented and it always worked well... he left and the new guy took over and he didn't feel comfortable changing things because he knew that the office was working fine when the previous boss left and didn't want for things to quit working how they were... my tendency to carry on and implement the new ideas on my team if the office wouldn't do it pissed the boss off... killjoy

    the worst part of it was, that it was an undeniable fact that my team did more with less than any other group and he STILL wouldn't listen
    Lots i could tell about that and management in general. i had a very similar experience actually. but I don't think it's professional for me to go into details. works ethics and all that.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  8. #68
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Probably taller than average, would make a great mom, understanding, kind, exercises regularly, financially independent, enjoys shared activity (live music, culture/art festivals, exotic dining, etc). Those are the essentials at least
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  9. #69
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Lots i could tell about that and management in general. i had a very similar experience actually. but I don't think it's professional for me to go into details. works ethics and all that.
    I showed my ethics by leaving politely after explaining to my boss why I couldn't work there anymore... I told nobody else why I was leaving and didn't discourage anyone... I simply disappeared and that was all the courtesy that I can give

    still... a frustrating position to be in... when you KNOW that you're good and nobody wants to get out of their rut
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #70

    Default

    Ok, I'll respond to my thread now. Just didn't want to be first.

    What I need:
    • has to be male. love the ladies, but guys are what do it for me
    • smarter than average - as others have stated, explaining jokes sucks. plus, I really like to be intellectually challenged.
    • good sense of humor. I like sarcasm and irony in particular, with a little bit of goofiness for good measure.
    • mutual sexual attraction - a must for me. this is mostly mental for me, tho. a funny man with brains makes me melt.
    • rational - i'm only a slight feeler & am not a fan of emotional displays or irrationality. be gentle (for that little bit of feeler), but be honest and direct.
    • strong & independent - he needs to know himself & be able to stand on his own two feet. I don't want to raise a mate. also, I need occasional alone time to do my own thing.
    • giving & thoughtful - help me out when I need it, do something nice to show me affection without having to be prompted. Little things matter over time.
    • communication & friendship - I love a good conversation. I like to discuss things - philosophy, ideas, problems. talk with me. listen to me. I want my mate to be my best friend
    • initiative - I don't want to always be chasing attention. I'm not into being an attention whore. He needs to be the one to call/ask for dates/whatever occasionally. He needs to let me know he's interested in me, too.
    • other - I like someone who can be affectionate, a partner in crime, and who is as dazzled by me as I am him. he's also got to be a good male role model for my boys.
    • I need to matter to him. I work hard to be a good mate & I like to know that me and my effort are welcomed and appreciated
    • oh, and love. someone to be there for me when I need support, who doesn't make me feel like an obligation, someone who really cares and will show me so.


    How a man chooses to express interest, affection, etc. is not of great importance to me either. It's the interest, initiative, and intent that matters to me.

    I'm not all that picky on body type, etc, other than a moderate level of fitness. I mean, who doesn't like a good looking man? But it's the mental stuff that is of greatest value to me.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] What Type Do You Want In A Relationship?
    By EnnisPreit in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-30-2017, 04:36 PM
  2. [NT] Female NTs and Men: What do you need in a relationship?
    By ListNinja in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 08-05-2015, 01:22 PM
  3. What do you want!?
    By Littlelostnf in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO