MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Everything I need in a partner I have in this guy right here:

*kicks*
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Junior Member atreasuredembrace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram

Let's see....

MUST be talented (sing, dance, play an instrument), intelligent AND educated (bachelor's and above), has awesome hairstyle and hair that I love to touch and looks great, very limited facial hair (must be neat and tidy. I'm ok with a little scruff), nice skin, looks good with and without glasses, be active in life (show me what ur passionate about, let's play ur favorite sport together), athletic, SOMEONE WHO PLAYS AT EXPERT LEVEL AT DDR (I'm dead serious about this...otherwise it's a dealbreaker), must love God and be Catholic (if ur not devout and willing to delve deeper in faith, we can grow in faith together), someone fit but not too body builder status cuz I find that distracting LOL, must dress well (can be a little quirky cuz I have my twists in my fashion too), must have great chemistry and attraction to them, we must have a common friend that we both trust, someone that loves to have a good time, willing to watch Big Bang Theory cuz that's my favorite tv show......

I have a more but I'm here to figure out my character boundaries (what irritates me, what bores me, etc....)

Sorry for the long post XD

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    I want the thought of my non existence to cause her an unbearable amount of pain. I want her to cry at the thought of never finding me. I want her to cry at the thought of me leaving. I want her to cry at the thought of me dying.

And loving eyes.
    So basically you want her to cry.
    That's easy.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

See I find it interesting that people keep mentioning intelligence yet do not actually select their mates for intelligence (relatively speaking).

In my case pretty much everyone I dated or considered dating for over a month had at least 2, generally 3-4 SD above average in terms of IQ(i know its cliche but its the one rather reliable test in existence, so suck it).

Don't say you want intelligence if your experience says you always end up with just, normal people.
    Someone intelligent as a selection criteria means you probably automatically rule out(consciously or are just not attracted to, the latter in my case ) between 95 to 99.5 of people based JUST on that factor.

Can you honestly say that
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    See I find it interesting that people keep mentioning intelligence yet do not actually select their mates for intelligence (relatively speaking).

In my case pretty much everyone I dated or considered dating for over a month had at least 2, generally 3-4 SD above average in terms of IQ(i know its cliche but its the one rather reliable test in existence, so suck it).

Don't say you want intelligence if your experience says you always end up with just, normal people.
    Someone intelligent as a selection criteria means you probably automatically rule out(consciously or are just not attracted to, the latter in my case ) between 95 to 99.5 of people based JUST on that factor.

Can you honestly say that
    This is actually rather low on my list of things. I'd like my partner to be intelligent enough to understand basic concepts and know the steps to fulfill those concepts--like how to make a relationship last--but the common sense of understanding things isn't exactly tied to intelligence. I have plenty of outlets to express intellect, I don't really require a partner to be one of them.

More shallow things I feel that I would seek: Someone that would allow me to handle all the money in the future I cannot be without my budgets.. Someone warm in personality.. I disdain apathy and apathetic mentalities. It was ugly in me, and I find it ugly in others. Also, probably someone who enjoys travel. I love to travel, and it is my dream to see as much of the world as I can.. It is hard to do that when someone doesn't want to get their hands dirty.

On the deeper side of things: someone with some drive and ambition.. I cannot be with someone who just floats through life.. I like having my sights set on something, and moving towards them.. If someone isn't willing to go with me, then they ought to have their own sights for me to support. I don't care if those ambitions make money.. I don't mind working hard for someone I care for.. but ambition of some sort nonetheless.
    Also, someone who challenges me. I wouldn't mind a boring, long-lasting, day-in-and-out relationship. I have plenty of things I entertain myself with being single.. I could continue that route with someone to report to with my findings on my adventures. But a challenge of any sort is welcome.
    Probably the first and foremost though: Someone who supports me. If nothing else.. I think someone who actually does love me, and supports me and the way I am is necessary. I had it once in my life, and nothing ever felt so good as that. All the other problems seemed tiny in comparison.. I could do anything, and I could get anywhere I desired to go. I had confidence I have not yet found again. Having someone genuinely love me is a feeling that just cannot be beaten. It is why I still seek a relationship at all, and still find them to be good things. It lifted me up and created something amazing, and I seek that again. Maybe not in the same way, or form.. but it should be there.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

quiet, unquestioning, obedient, cum guzzling. motherly caring good cook and shopper. clean and presentable. must drive.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    This is actually rather low on my list of things. I'd like my partner to be intelligent enough to understand basic concepts and know the steps to fulfill those concepts--like how to make a relationship last--but the common sense of understanding things isn't exactly tied to intelligence. I have plenty of outlets to express intellect, I don't really require a partner to be one of them.

More shallow things I feel that I would seek: Someone that would allow me to handle all the money in the future I cannot be without my budgets.. Someone warm in personality.. I disdain apathy and apathetic mentalities. It was ugly in me, and I find it ugly in others. Also, probably someone who enjoys travel. I love to travel, and it is my dream to see as much of the world as I can.. It is hard to do that when someone doesn't want to get their hands dirty.

On the deeper side of things: someone with some drive and ambition.. I cannot be with someone who just floats through life.. I like having my sights set on something, and moving towards them.. If someone isn't willing to go with me, then they ought to have their own sights for me to support. I don't care if those ambitions make money.. I don't mind working hard for someone I care for.. but ambition of some sort nonetheless.
    Also, someone who challenges me. I wouldn't mind a boring, long-lasting, day-in-and-out relationship. I have plenty of things I entertain myself with being single.. I could continue that route with someone to report to with my findings on my adventures. But a challenge of any sort is welcome.
    Probably the first and foremost though: Someone who supports me. If nothing else.. I think someone who actually does love me, and supports me and the way I am is necessary. I had it once in my life, and nothing ever felt so good as that. All the other problems seemed tiny in comparison.. I could do anything, and I could get anywhere I desired to go. I had confidence I have not yet found again. Having someone genuinely love me is a feeling that just cannot be beaten. It is why I still seek a relationship at all, and still find them to be good things. It lifted me up and created something amazing, and I seek that again. Maybe not in the same way, or form.. but it should be there.
    Yeah I was in a relationship a few years back, I remember I was still, finding my drive. I shaped myself to be driven since. In fact I probably get 3/4 of my energy just from achievements at work.

Basically the more bursting with energy I am when you see me the more I've achieved at work. Sometimes it gets to the point where I don't sleep much because I have too much desire to do things, go out the minute I'm done with work etc.

My friends keep asking why I go out so much during the week .
    Fact is on a weekend it took me time to adjust to that 'void' in my day and to jumpstart my energy from just, going places etc. So you'd often see me, working 70 hours a week, energetic to the point of fidgetiness when out and then rather quiet and laid back on week ends.

I seek conversation, I can't stand the idea of people not, sharing what is actually happening in the relationship with me when I keep stating from day one that I make a special effort not to judge etc. and have shaped myself to be that way BECAUSE I believe in the value of understanding each other.

I've dated an enfp a few months back actually. It was interesting, I like how my need for outgoingness was being fed and we both fed each other's N while being able to just have these 'chilled' times.
    Fi can be a puzzler though. I need commitment, not because I'm insecure but because I give commitment and expect the same thing in return, I will never be close to someone who seem to entertain other possibilities on a daily basis. I often feel many enfps are like that.

I don't think I can be with someone lacking drives, or a vision, and if they don't i'd like to help them in shaping it. I'm a visionary, take away tomorrow's growth and I just do not understand how daily stuff can drive me to action. I've actually been, called driveless before, and I was at the time. That statement, while I do agree it was then true, hurt me deeply because it was an expression of lack of trust in my ability to turn that around. It's a long story.

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post

Based on your list, we should be dating.

I'm just saying.

... In theory.

Quote Originally Posted by metalmommy View Post
    Generally speaking, what traits do you want in your partner?

Go!
    They got to be awesome, smoking hot, stone cold fox, martial artist, personally responsible, socially conscientious without being neurotic, interested in learning, bookish, uber fit/interested in fitness training, a driver, a coffee drinker and women (that should go without saying).

Marksmanship, skills as a cook and entrepreneurial skills are optional.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Based on your list, we should be dating.

I'm just saying.

Think I asked her for a date already, along with the other three or four forum babes.