User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Spend time with them. Do things to help them and to help them feel comfortable. Listen. Laugh with.

That is how I love.
    So quality time is your primary love language?
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Usually involves some form of self-sacrifice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    No rules, no implications, no fishing for information, no stupid pet theories, just want to hear how people love in their own different ways. And please don't ask me what I mean, since if I answer for you, this is pointless.

And please don't make me regret this. Guard can come down, maybe, I can answer too. But I certainly won't go first.

Red Light
    And Fair Warning: And I don't know why I'm asking or really care. So if anyone is going to assign some motivation or intent of mine to making this thread judging from past posts and harp on me about it, then get the fock out or please get a life. Alright, good, thanks. All the disclaimers out of the way.
    Green Light
    So much hostility in an inquiry about love. But it's a good question. I listen. I pay attention. I am willing to negotiate. I put others ahead of myself. These are all ways I show love. But the secret is to make fried chicken. It seems to bring out the very best in the people I love.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

In general... trying to understand who they are and what they need to be happy, and trying to use that knowledge to make them happy.

Romantically... In the morning when we wake up, lots of kisses and hugs and playfulness. Keeping track of his expression, his body language, his tone. Being silly and making him laugh. Trying to provide him with the things he needs and hates buying for himself to make him comfortable and happy. Demonstrating with words and actions that I unconditionally accept him. Complementing him and telling him how attractive he is to me. Holding his hand, and kissing him when he opens doors for me. Getting coffee with him even when I'm not really interested because I know how happy it makes him. Getting excited about whatever he's doing because it stirs some kind of passion deep in him. Trying to understand his hopes and dreams and fears. Encouraging him on his way to his goals. Pushing him outside his box just the tiniest bit so he can grow positively (and thanking him when he pushes me just outside my box too). Giving him my blessing to have a fun night out with his friends. Trying to establish good relationships with his family and friends. Being proud of who he is and appreciating that he is so devoted to me.
    Likes DulcetRefrain liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

by NOT going for getting my way all of the time... stepping out of that drive in order to find out what someone else wants and likes and making an effort to give them that

for me, loving is compromising- putting up with the boredom of a football game because he's been excited about it all week, or making corn for a side at dinner (I'm not a big fan)- also, listening to the other person's side of things as well

I'm not much of one for verbal expressions of love- words are cheap to me somehow
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I give people/animals my time and play with them, mostly. I'm not real good at the other kinds or maybe I just don't like the other kinds as much. I noticed kids I've briefly taken care of end up liking me a lot because of this. I wish most parents spent more time playing with their kids, instead of directing them, but I'm sure it's not always so easy.

Some people find it strange that I talk to animals, but I'm pretty sure that they can read the tone of my voice and judge my intent that way. Some animals will chatter back. I think this is why I like animals more than people because they let me play with them more and seem to enjoy it more. It's fun to see an animal happy that I'm giving it attention; people too often get annoyed, like they are being asked to do something silly or a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    So much hostility in an inquiry about love.
    I know... But sometimes a little hostility can stop someone from being offensive, if they don't want to add fuel to a fire? Plus, I didn't want this to become about myself and have no one really say anything themselves. This has been pretty nice/interesting/good so far?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I love by understanding someone inside and out...literally. I love by getting a detailed brief of their physical and psychological ticks, and I do what puts them at ease, keeps them on their toes, and makes what they do unconsciously a workable material. I help them be the best them they can be by cutting away at the bad and bolstering the good.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Spending quality time with the person, caring about them, wanting to make them happy, thinking alot about the person when gone.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

*checks the thread title*
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

I try to spend as much time as possible with the people I love.Being n the same room isn't enough we have to have a meaningful interaction. I learn everything about that person. I need to know them inside and out. I also do what ever I can to make them happy even if that means doing things I find boring or don't necessarily want to do. I sacrifice my own feelings wants or needs to make sure my S/O is happy and I feel guilty if I don't.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman