12 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Default Coolest optical illusion?

Which way does the woman turn?

The description that came with the picture said that if you see her turn right, you're left brain dominant. If you see her turn left, you're right brain dominant.

Funny thing though, when I first looked at the image, I saw her swinging back and forth from left to right whilest facing forward, and it wasn't until after I focused a bit until I saw her spinning in circles, blinking now and then and she changes direction. So I'm not sure which part of my brain is dominant.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

this always starts with turning clockwise, but i can make it turn counterclockwise(focusing on the feet), sometimes its harder to do and sometimes it keeps switching automatically to counterclock once i make it turn that way once and make it turn clockwise after that. after typing this, it got stuck to clockwise
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Tilting my head left and right I can make her change directions at will. It's also become much harder for me to see her simply going back and forth without going full circle. I might be getting a headache as well.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I see it turning right first, but as you I can make it change the direction when I try to.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Tilting my head left and right I can make her change directions at will. It's also become much harder for me to see her simply going back and forth without going full circle. I might be getting a headache as well.
    tilting my head doesent effect the direction in any way, but i noticed now that if i look her spinning counterclockwise for long i start to feel nausea, but looking it spin clockwise doesent do that

edit. i just noticed that when i spoke of counterclock i referred it as her, but as "it" when speaking it turn clockwise. some weird right/left brain thing ?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    this always starts with turning clockwise, but i can make it turn counterclockwise(focusing on the feet), sometimes its harder to do and sometimes it keeps switching automatically to counterclock once i make it turn that way once and make it turn clockwise after that. after typing this, it got stuck to clockwise
    I've seen this before but I think you're right about focusing on the feet! I've never quite known what I was focused on to make it change but I believe you are quite right! However, I think my favorite optical illusion is the one with power lines and a tower that "thumps". I've seen it posted here but don't know how to find it now.
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Yeah, it went clockwise and then counter-clockwise for me.

MBTI
    INFJ

Funny thing about this image is that if you have an eye for perspective and foreshortening, then it is not ambiguous as to which way she faces at a given moment. Therefore the way she rotates is also not ambiguous.

I got into an argument about this once with someone, and tried to show how the brain can identify it and they accused me of making "biasing marks" on it lol.

Edit: the biggest indicator is the lower portion I think. Her feet are what give away perspective the most, once you see it, it's hard to reverse.

If you pay attention to the foot that she is rotating on in the center, your brain will naturally notice from the perspective that when she is facing toward you, her toes will appear relatively lower in comparison to her heel. When she faces away, they will appear relatively higher in comparison to her heel. Look at any person standing in front of you and you will see this depending on which way they face.

MBTI
    INFJ

Have fun with these. Don't get a seizure...

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The lady always moves clockwise to me. Try as I might, I just can't see her move the opposite way.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne