User Tag List

123 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Default The going out thread

I figured you shut ins could use a thread like this.

When was the last time you went out socially with friends for drinks, and had a good old fashioned time?

Thursday I had a charity event for one of the local hospitals I was going to. It was held at the private Porsche collection of the local Brumos dealership owner and had an open bar.

I had a whole bunch of double bourbon and ginger ale's w/ lime, and got to talk cars crack jokes and enjoy the companionship my date provided.

Afterwards we went to a bar in town, and shortly thereafter retired to her abode.

Last night we went out to a pub crawl at the beaches wearing tacking xmas get ups (for the guys) and sexy elf costumes (for the ladies).

I didn't know as many people at this event, so I kinda just tagged along and tried to get a buzz going.

I ended up leaving early so she could deal with her buddies, and so that I could go home to sleep and work in the morning.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

went out for wings on Thursday night with the man and a friend... had the slowest waiter in the UNIVERSE

sunday my sis and I went out for vietnamese and then went shopping for groceries... I wanted to go out for lunch so I stalked the nearest willing victim
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    went out for wings on Thursday night with the man and a friend... had the slowest waiter in the UNIVERSE

sunday my sis and I went out for vietnamese and then went shopping for groceries... I wanted to go out for lunch so I stalked the nearest willing victim
    Sounds like you...

At least the stalking bit

I just popped a half roll of quarters in my pants over the vietnamese (you know viet food is one of my fondest loves).

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I live in the part of town that has several vietnamese restaurants... most of them are really good I insist that we go there at least once a month and nobody has objected yet!

also some good mexican (of course!), ethiopian, japanese, middle eastern, peruvian, indian and some authentic chinese around here... I live in the city's food triangle so going out for a quick bite of something new is NEVER an issue
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I figured you shut ins could use a thread like this.
    Why? Seems like it's you non-shut-ins that will be using this thread.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I live in the part of town that has several vietnamese restaurants... most of them are really good I insist that we go there at least once a month and nobody has objected yet!

also some good mexican (of course!), ethiopian, japanese, middle eastern, peruvian, indian and some authentic chinese around here... I live in the city's food triangle so going out for a quick bite of something new is NEVER an issue
    You have no idea how much my mouth is watering right now. I looooove Vietnemese food, but everyone is shuttered away in the library for exams so if I want it, it's going to be ordered in x]

Last time I went "out" out was... December 5th to the Leonard Cohen concert at the Air Canada Centre! great show. since then I've been babysitting the new family puppy most nights (he's like a hairy baby with sharper teeth). thankfully my sister gets home from school soon so we'll be having many sushi/coffee dates before she ships back out.
    Strong preference of Introversion over Extroversion (89%) ; Distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%) ; Slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%) ; Slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%) - { slightly cracked }

- MY TUMBLR -

garbage

Wednesday night, for a Board of Directors meeting for my local professionals organization.

I'm subscribed to several meetup.com calendars, but there's fuck all going on today and tonight

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Last night

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INtP

Being a (somewhat) proud shut-in, I guess I'll throw in my two cents. As far as the sort of events you described, Disco, never. I don't drink and don't like crowds, so those sorts of events (even if I was interested in the cars, for instance) would be highly uncomfortable for me -- so I intentionally avoid them.

My style (such as it is ) is more of the "go to a restaurant with friends" type of thing. Which frankly, I have gone years without doing, but is something I've been doing more often recently (I have a new friend who's big into that sort of thing). Went out with forum-friends when I was in Indy a few weeks ago, went out to dinner with folks from work last weekend, doing the same thing tonight. Then, probably nothing until next year, at the earliest. There's only so much socializing I can take. I enjoy it, but too much wears me out. I need my alone time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Last time I went out, whatever and Kelric were both there. Mexican food in Indy. It was fun. I definitely haven't gone anywhere that required putting on make-up since then.

Sunday, I'll probably have my mom over for lunch after church then she, my two daughters, and I will go see The Hobbit.

I really mostly hang out with family, but it's not exactly a like a cemetery in a house with a college student, two high schoolers, and a middle schooler. It's probably more like a somewhat subdued LAN party most nights.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers