MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I actually went out last night

^yes that is fucking confetti shooting down from the ceiling

It's kind of hard to capture the vibe of LAExchange in photos but this video gives a pretty good idea of the vibe:

For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

technically it was last Friday, I went to art murmur with friends which is this big street festival ghing in oakland with food and music and art obviously. we were gonna go to a bar after but they were all super crowded so we went back to their house.

I don't like drinking and I hate most bars

MBTI
    ISTP

Last night was my friend's birthday so I was DDing the group around, which is about a weekly occurrence anyway. I don't drink at all and I'm far from being the most social person in the world, but I still have a good time. And it keeps my friends alive/out of jail

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I'm going out tonight to see a play.

Almost, Maine. ? It's about relationships. I'm not sure it's a great idea.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Went to a poetry reading event with some music also, this afternoon. It was nice especially as I know the poet a little.

In the last few weeks I've also been to see Much Ado About Nothing on stage, and to a crazy pub/live music venue with the weirdest clientele you've ever seen. The lady in the toilet who hands out paper for you to dry your hands sings a song which goes something like "beautiful, beautiful ladies...but don't forget to make Eulalie happy". It is enormous fun, though when the pervy men hitting on random women get too much it may be time to go home.

Next month I'm going to the readings for one of the biggest poetry awards in the world - in a big concert hall, as it's become more popular but the first few years I was here it was in a much more intimate little theatre.

One of the cooler recent (though now a couple of months ago) things was going to the premiere of Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day. The three remaning members were all there. It was just amazing. I couldn't believe it was Plant/Page/Jones standing there on that stage. And then the film was gloriously gloriously loud and beautiful.

I still feel like I don't go out enough... But I live in a big city and there's always a lot to do. I have to make sure I take care of the important things in life first, too.

EDIT: Btw, in case you wonder, some of that was with friends, and some was alone. Pretty typical for me.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    XXFP

i went out to contra thursday and got a new girl and her very very nervous shut in friend* off the sidelines and into a dance and she laughed her ass off the whole time, she had no idea what was going on, it was great.

well her friend mostly looked nervous BUT if it didn't emotionally scar her i think she might have enjoyed it a little too.

*see, now this thread is relevant to the shut in's

moral: get your friends to drag you places sometimes. they'll probably enjoy it more than you, but maybe you'll see something new...
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFJ

I went for a walk. That's 'out' to me.

This other stuff is travelling from being in one place to being in another place.

I some times miss the days when I'd go to bars and parties and concerts but now it's almost like "ugh. what is all this? keep it down over there!" if I do go.

It's ironic because I listen to all kinds of music but when other people play it I'm going "The hell are you doing? That's way too loud! I'm old, damit!"

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post

Last night we went out to a pub crawl at the beaches wearing tacking xmas get ups (for the guys) and sexy elf costumes (for the ladies).
    Sounds nice.

Jax Beach or Atlantic? It can get crazy down there at Jax Beach...not necessarily a bad thing.

I haven't been out in...what years? I don't have any friends.... (Certified Shut-In)

Edit: What @sprinkles said. That is out. Does grocery shopping or going to the bookstore count?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well I don't do bars but I do got out a couple times a month with my games group and also go to the theatre when I get a chance.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Sounds nice.

Jax Beach or Atlantic? It can get crazy down there at Jax Beach...not necessarily a bad thing.

I haven't been out in...what years? I don't have any friends.... (Certified Shut-In)

Edit: What @sprinkles said. That is out. Does grocery shopping or going to the bookstore count?
    Atlantic Beach. We were out by Lynch's and went to a few different places.

I had a lot more fun at the Charity event and the Riverside bars than I did the beach bars.