12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Default Get your tail now - The question of emotionwear

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ou-get-excited

this is so awesome. But it begs the question: what if our clothes could express our emotions and mental states?

I dont think (outside of asia) that many non fury people will be into this product. However the concept is interesting, but the link to animals may detract many people from ever considering it (or not start laughing at the very mention)

emotionwear would be interesting though, but then again isnt part of the point of language not just communication but control of information (ie: hiding/lying to obtain a comparative advantage)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I saw something similar to this being brought up where the clothing glowed different colors with perceived moods.

I think it could be really interesting from a practical standpoint. If you see a historically violent prisoner glowing bright red shades it could be indicators well before another assault happens.. And people with trouble communicating could wear something to show more emotions involuntarily so that it forces them to talk and open up. (Usually you have good friends to pry information out of you.. but lacking those..) I always thought it would be interesting to see what emotions a device would think I was feeling and compare it to what I think I am feeling.

I think it could also teach people a lot about themselves if they're a bit lost in the sauce when it comes to their own emotions. (Theoretically, of course.) People who think they aren't as angry as everyone says they are could notice a red glowing object. People who claim to not be as emotionally unstable as they are could notice sudden fluctuations in the colors.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Or just an app applying a visual filter on people around you. Each user can filter visibility to special 'circles'. This way you dont throw your mood around for all to see, just people relevant by their location and your own desire to let them know or not.
    Google glasses stuff basically.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I could see Rennies wearing these. Lots of people already wear tails, but they don't wag!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    But it begs the question: what if our clothes could express our emotions and mental states?
    What would happen when people could see that you're angry when you're trying to be diplomatic? What would happen if every time you had a crush, the person could tell just by looking at you? What if you're feeling down, but you don't want the extra attention of people pitying you and asking what's wrong?

No. I would learn how to make my own clothes if this happened.

However, I realize that the product you've linked to only works for being excited. It's kind of neat, but I don't think the western world would be interested in it.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    What would happen when people could see that you're angry when you're trying to be diplomatic? What would happen if every time you had a crush, the person could tell just by looking at you? What if you're feeling down, but you don't want the extra attention of people pitying you and asking what's wrong?

No. I would learn how to make my own clothes if this happened.

However, I realize that the product you've linked to only works for being excited. It's kind of neat, but I don't think the western world would be interested in it.
    Yeah, I wouldn't always want people to know what I'm feeling.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

garbage

You could even wear Tailly on a date and express your true feelings through the wagging tail. Even better, your partner could also wear one for the both of you to add a level of subconscious communication between the two of you.
    Thanks, Tokyo!

We worked on a few proposals along the lines of trying to measure emotion based upon video footage. Fun stuff, but we didn't get far past conceptual design. I'm sure that actual biofeedback would help, but I doubt many people would consent to such a thing.

Then again, we live in a Google/Facebook assimilation age, so

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think it could also teach people a lot about themselves if they're a bit lost in the sauce when it comes to their own emotions. (Theoretically, of course.) People who think they aren't as angry as everyone says they are could notice a red glowing object. People who claim to not be as emotionally unstable as they are could notice sudden fluctuations in the colors.
    This would be a good idea--make it a theraputic tool.

Society

so japenese kids are now buying robots to express their emotions for them...

there is only one person in the world who could make such a thing happen:

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I would be open to a less furry version of this. Maybe tshirt with leds that light up different pictures on your shirt or something
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I would be open to a less furry version of this. Maybe tshirt with leds that light up different pictures on your shirt or something
    you mean like these?